The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Amazon have finally cancelled my Siege Skywarp pack...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Ditto.

• Like Like x 3
  3. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

So... this thing is heavy. And colored. I have to say, after 2 years of waiting my expectations were maybe a bit too high. Not very stable, and ultimately not very fun.
    Nice statue, I guess.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  4. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @rikkomba what Scorponok is that in your cabinet?

• Like Like x 1
  5. rikkomba

Iron Factory with the Titans Return Scorponok head. Soon to be retired.

• Like Like x 2
  6. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    IMG_20200615_110009327_HDR.jpg

Oh yes.

• Like Like x 10
  7. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

So far I've only been using VHS cassettes as risers, never saw their potential as bases though :D 

A big thanks to @Ottertron for pointing me in the direction of Big Bang Comics in Ireland who still had Black Series Cara Dune in stock and it looks like I got their last one! :) 

Off to the post office shortly followed by the usual supermarket related ordeal with my folks.....loud, fake cough and Undertaker-esque death stare fully ready to be deployed to get people to keep their distancing from me.

After that the horror continues as it's time to cut the ferrets claws again, if it weren't for the fact that they'd make holding the clippers difficult I'd wear baseball mitts.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Having the Sleep Mode gun shot in the hand of regular ER Prime Greyscale-shopped whiffs a bit of assholery?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  10. Siege Fan

Bought this for a generic-looking Terminator custom but I'm starting to like the damaged head more and more... If it had been a better film I'd leave it as is!

There's so much paint on the undamaged head sculpt it looks like early McFarlane lol, barely looks like Arnie. Have to see what other sculpts I have lying around because that would require serious work to not always remind me of Arnie with that hair even if it was painted.

Favourite bit is an upper arm piece that looks like the arm's been ripped off near the shoulder.

IMG_20200615_132520760.jpg

Screenshot_20200615-135449~2.png

:lol 

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  11. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

@rikkomba - yeah, it's a dire shame about SS devy - i'm still fiddling with him (oo err missus) to try and get him looking right - there's a damn shopping list of issues unfortunately, but at least the individual bots are incredible in their own rights
    main problems i have include ( but not limited to)
    • centre of gravity is very precise - spent a good while propped up while i was trying to get him to stand independently
    • that grinder bit that slots onto mixmaster - looks like it should tab somewhere, but as far as i can see, it just sits there loose
    • the damned instructions - bloody awful - why put all that effort into such a lengthy project to just phone in the combination process
    anyone else getting a feeling we might see Scorpy this month? - seems that the release schedule is a bit to c0ck - SS Overload wasn't due til august, but we got him week 2 of June?

• Like Like x 6
  12. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Snap

• Like Like x 2
  13. GurrenSwagann

GurrenSwagann Member

Facebook:
    IMG_20200615_140353.jpg IMG_20200615_140347.jpg So B&M has its own bootlegs, which I just discovered. They all come in a big tube together, so I guess if you were a skilled painter you could do them up to make them look more legit. I recognize Magnus and Cosmos, don't recognize the others though.

• Like Like x 7
  14. rikkomba

I agree on the first two points. I think instructions were OK, legs connect right away, the torso has one slot keeping it together... but the "cap" is a disaster

• Like Like x 1
  15. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Had the same

• Like Like x 3
  16. Siege Fan

PlayStation 5 V Xbox: Analysis Report Predicts Winner and Pricing
    Been written by some sort of hipster but it's still interesting. The fall in sales is quite something. Gaming has kinda become like Hollywood with massive production budgets not guaranteeing a hit, people only showing up for what they know (and it all therefore getting stale), and across both empires, "Netflix takes up my time".

• Like Like x 3
  17. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I assumed from Daimchoc the photos were legit. I didn’t have time earlier to drill down into the report on the FB link where people have suggested this is an EROP just with the colours dialled down. Lol. Very naughty.

Note to self, don’t assume such photos are the real mccoy.

Thank you for pointing this out. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Just finished Orville season 2. To say that show is a star trek parody does it a great injustice. Thee's a bit more humour in the first couple of episodes but that sorta dies off. They still talk like modern day folks and have that 'less strict' interactions than star trek tends to have, but it still keeps that trek like feeling and there is still humour, it's just not as try hard as the first few eps. Apparently that was so McFarlene could sell the series to Fox as a comedy so they would pick it up. But no, it is a legit, good sci fi with likeable characters and good storytelling. They even managed to throw in a gender story and a Brexit inspired story in the same one episode, and handle it with much more tact than Picard did. Heck, I didn't even pick up it was doing a Brexit type thing until about 15 minutes before the episode ends.

Even when they do the old 'character falls in love with hologram person' episode, they throw in a new little twist moral thingy at the end to pick it up from being a rather generic affair. Overall, top marks from me and I look forward to season 3.

I also put generations sideswipe alongside er starscream. They're the same height. Lol.

• Like Like x 6
  19. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Coming along quite nicely, I've ran out of clear coat now though so a mission to range is in order tomorrow.
    IMG_20200615_143935.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  20. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Overjoyed at the prospect of buying a plastic rat

News Credits:
    Strange. I can’t find a preorder for the Earthrise Wave 2 micromasters, not even from the American retailers. What’s going on?

• Like Like x 2