The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

CINDERSAUR!
    20200613_094823.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  2. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Overjoyed at the prospect of buying a plastic rat

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 12
  4. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes it does. I’m trying to decide if I like the Japanese version of it with the metallic colour scheme instead of white, unless one is an initial render rather than final product.
    That price looks pricey :eek: .

C8CC8B43-84B7-4636-BC66-4803F2AD02DF.png

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They will be the same sadly, most likely a pre-render. Same happened with Allicon. HasTak dont release different colour schemes now unless it is a Selects figure or such.

Got Iceman in today. Should hopefully tide me over until the rest of my Chinese lootpile and SS Overload arrive on Monday

DSC_1040.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  6. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I look forward to seeing a photo of your Iceman transformed into alt mode by the end of the day. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Overjoyed at the prospect of buying a plastic rat

News Credits:
    I see what you mean to an extent, but comparing Playmobil and Lego is strange. The only similarity is the use of figures with a unified structure, (same head shape, hand size, etc.) and even then many other toylines have that too. By the same standard, Imaginext (the ones making giant batman mechs you see in Smyths) is a crap version of Lego too. I don’t collect Playmobil, nor have I ever even had a vehicle or figure from the toyline, but this strange idea with comparing it to Lego is rather odd. Playmobil is just dollhouses but for both boys and girls. The two toylines have nothing in common.

The movie? Oh it was appalling apparently. Definitely a cash grab, no doubt about it.

The Lego Delorean was released in 2013, I don’t really think it’s cashing in on that. It’s been seven years. The Ecto-1 though is highly suspicious, perhaps they did release it to cash in on the Lego version. Even then it could just be Sony pictures demanding more than one Ecto-1 to tie in with the 2016 movie.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

I really like this sort of thing. It's like discovering the fingerprints of the engineer over several years. Might not be the same person, but I'd like to think so.

Scattershot / Dropshot / Overload / Flak might not be many people's absolute fave, but it's good to see it's dna still woven into later toys.

IMG_20200613_124659.jpg IMG_20200613_124634.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  9. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

fun fact: I was having doubts and second thoughts about picking up Dragoyell for $180 when it first came out. A week later I couldn't find it for $1800. That's when I stopped hunting down minicons.

• Like Like x 3
  10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    They are assembly kits. Playmobil, Fabuland (a much more obvious attempt to eat into Playmobils market) and Duplo are easy, Lego is intermediate to advanced, Meccano (back in the day) and Technic are advanced. Playmobil is merchandized right next to and in direct competition with Lego. Across mainline Europe, in stores, when one section expands the other section reduces. It might be to a lesser extent in the UK but on the mainland it's very obvious.

Obviously AFOL are an exception, which is why I was wondering if the older nostalgia market is the target of the Playmobil Ghostbusters/ BTTF range.

You understand how Micro Machines were direct competition for Transformers leading to Micro Masters, how TMNT ate into their sales despite being a completely different play pattern? It isn't just Go-Bots and Power Rangers that compete with our brand.

Was the Delorean seven years ago? Blimey! Thanks for that. Going to go cry in a corner.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Any Lego City fans here? Got a few smaller retired misb sets that I think I might move on if anyone's interested. Pizza van, garbage truck, that kind of stuff. Will get set numbers later.

• Like Like x 4
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I've only played Uncharted 4 and really enjoyed that as well...have been tempted to go back and play the first 3 games in the series as the remastered versions for PS4 are really cheap but am also weary of getting bored by playing too much of the same style of game.

With the Last Of Us 2 I've watched the first few gameplay videos and that's it, I didn't want something spoilery to pop up on my YouTube recommended list.

@Siege Fan,
    I agree the gameplay isn't the smoothest but the story and characters for me made up for it.

I see a Lego AT-AT and some stuff from my version of the "Legacy" canon :D 

I do like Lego but the official stuff never feels quite the same after seeing videos of the insane custom ones people build.

I opened AOA Weapon X last night and it's decent. The headsculpt is Hasbro's best unmasked Wolverine/Logan/Weapon X by a long way and I'll be getting another one so I can remove the red bits and put it on the Caliban wave Weapon X as the unmasked head with that is shite.

Will be opening Dark Beast at some point today and then tomorrow will be Jawa Sunday! :) 

• Like Like x 4
  13. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I was thinking about that the other day, and I definitely remember building it before my kids were born. My eldest was 7 in March. :eek: 

• Like Like x 5
  14. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's part of the Dr Wu set in picture. They're good, both work really well in vehicle mode but can be a bit wibbly in Battletrap mode.

If anyone has a few minutes spare, my review of Titans Return Laserbeak is up. No-prizes available for anyone that spots the mis-placed Toyhax labels.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ordered myself the Warhammer 40k essentials set so I have some paints to use for my TFs and other action figures.

• Like Like x 7
  16. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Saw this advertised a while ago via the Playmobil Facebook page.

Worth keeping an eye on Playmobil's official store as they tend to have sales on. We once looked at getting the Ghostbusters sets for our eldest boys and the whole lot came to £150 shipped.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Ah ha! That did the trick. I knew the arms were misaligned somehow but couldn't fiddle them in right. He's now a sleek sexy jet again. Thanks. And cheers for the knee tip. I'll make sure to do it that way around when i transform him back. For now, he's whooshing around in jet mode while I sit in my favourite chair.

What? We've all done that. :p 

• Like Like x 5
  18. alphatyrant

alphatyrant Well-Known Member

They are all very similar but each one improved slightly. Not massively so but enough to provide a fresh take, I love them all but Uncharted 2 ranks in my top 5 games of all time. Shout out to the incredible voice acting from the cast across all the games as well. Nolan North is superb as is Troy Baker and, hell pretty much all of them really :) 

• Like Like x 4
  19. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :) 
    Afternoon all!

No there's only a 1:1 available so the Prime Master would be the correct size to go with your other one's. ;) 

Bloody slug been at my strawberries yesterday! They shall feel the wrath of the salt cellar this evening! :mad: 

20200613_111746.jpg
    Was someone after the Siege Ravage & Laserbeak set a few days ago? If so Aliexpress seller T-Golden Sky has the for twelve and half quid? ;) 
    US $14.44 15% OFF|Mini size Robot Siege War For Cybertron Ravage+Laserbeak Red Heat+Stakeout Classic Toys For Boy Children Action Figure With Box|Action & Toy Figures| - AliExpress

• Like Like x 7
  20. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime I am Alpharius.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    New 40k box set... must avoid buying yet more miniatures to never actually get around to painting...

It's ok. It'll probably be obscenely expensive anyway! I need the money for Scorponok.

*sits gibbering in a corner for a bit*

• Like Like x 7