The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:

Glad it wasn't the grey matter remembering how I thought it was.

I loved all my comics although I didn't get many unless they were at a sale where I could pick up loads for 20 or 50p!

those were the days

• Like Like x 6
  2. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I mean I think we've had that clue since they listed the Roritchi Fasttrack repaint for Selects and they told us he could form a "staff" weapon.
    So, do we think SDCC exclusive? NYCC? Or a much wider retail offer of the ol' black n' gold basterd?

• Like Like x 7
  3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Anyone who has MMC Mors on preorder and no longer wants it, please let me know.

Also, I'm looking for Zetar. A rare instance of Kapow letting me down (he was supposed to be shipped with Nemesis Prime and now he's out of stock) and I've got the refund, but no bugger has him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See this....
    Screenshot_20200612_213720.jpg

Pants disintegrate

• Like Like x 9
  5. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I liked Playmobile as a kid, I had a few sets, a bus, tractor, playground, an Esso petrol station, and my favourite, a red jeep with two dirt bikes on a trailer. I loved playing with them as a kid, but it’s not something I’d want as an adult. Even as a kid Lego took over from playmobile, I was very young when I started asking for Lego instead:lol 
    I have to agree with you about them playing catch up with Lego, it only took them best part of a decade to rip off the Lego movie.
    Are they made from gold plastic?;) 

• Like Like x 10
  6. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think both are decent decent enough legends class toys, but Battle Trap is really cool - very dynamic.

IMG_20200612_214254.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  7. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

@nice sideburns, Hellhound found your post. I was disappointed that he didn’t come with weapons. Nonef do a set but I can’t find them for sale at a reasonable price.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Fair enough and yeah that is a good distinction. I forgot to include in my post clarifying I was just talking about what springs to mind when I think of a collector, but that I wasn't suggesting that was everyone's definition. I think it's also because play value is a big thing for me I don't think of myself as a collector too but again that's personal definitions at play. As you say completionist is the better term for what I think of when I think of the word collector :) 

• Like Like x 5
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Uncle Billy and some other sites still have the Dr. Wu upgrade weapons.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. Xaran Alamas

For me, possibly because of big boy Primal and other figs, FedEx express international WAS the cheapest postage for me. It's possible this also had something to do with fees as well or lack thereof. But fingers crossed your fig squeezes under the thresholds - I intently read the HMRC site on import customs and VAT years ago for an MLP figure and there are thresholds where they're waived but I can't remember specifics and it's been years :D 

• Like Like x 4
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's a crapshoot, I've had £19+ (but still sub £20) orders squeak under the door like Indiana Jones in Raiders snatched hat & all, then got caught on an order parcel that was something daft like 50p - 70p over £15 get hammered! I think HMRC might have a Wheel Of Fortune style set-up for calculating their bumming rates!

• Like Like x 7
  13. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's the dream!

(Maketoys Devil Stinger is very concerned at this point)

• Like Like x 6
  14. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I didn't play the original PS3 release of The Last Of Us but got the Remastered version in the first few months after I got my PS4 and loved it.

It's a great example of how to tell a decent story without being stupidly long and drawn out and not being set in a completely open world keeps the player focused on the important part and progressing through the story.

So far I've stayed spoiler free about the sequel and am in no rush to get it on release day, I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

@nice sideburns,
    POTP Battletrap is great, individually both OK but the combined mode is where it really shines.

It's not perfect but considering Hasbro's smaller figures are usually nowhere close to what the likes of Iron Factory produce it's still very good, the combination is amusing as you literally have to stick one's head up the other's behind :D 

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Xaran Alamas

Mood

• Like Like x 2
  16. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I couldn't get on with that game, I just found the controls were too cumbersome for sneaking like you were supposed to. Combat was fine, stealth was the problem! Otherwise I loved everything about it for the reasons you've stated.

EDIT

Excellent upcoming Star Wars Lego sets
    https://www.promobricks.de/lego-katalog-juli-bis-dezember-2020-starwars/103046/

• Like Like x 1
  17. Xaran Alamas

The pile o loot! 20200612_163935.jpg 20200612_185451.jpg
    Me Grimlock King!

Incredibly frustrating though that I now have 12 of the Prime Masters... because they only put Onyx in with Predaking. Couldn't they have least had that one be a variant like the translucent Solus and Megatronus and had Onyx (and TBH the four in with Primal) available as Prime Masters too? :( 

I guess I should see if someone has done a replacement 'face'plate somewhere and try making one myself?
    Though, something that always struck me as odd in PotP is how the colourschemes for a few of the Prime Masters don't seem to match the colours those Primes are generally depicted as. Like Nexus Prime is Blue and Red but in PotP that's the colour they made Micronus instead of his more usual blue/bluish green. Alpha Trion is grey and yellow instead of purple and... what is that? Maroon? Those are the ones which spring to mind but I'm sure there's others.

• Like Like x 14
  18. alphatyrant

alphatyrant Well-Known Member

I was a huge fan of the Uncharted series so was looking forward to their next game. From the story structure which was excellent to the character and enemy design (those clickers man). Hell the music was perfect as well. I've watched the bits of gameplay so far examining the additional combat and stealth elements but have done my best to avoid spoilers. I'm all in for this one.

• Like Like x 4
  19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I passed on Devil Stinger. It looked great but I felt having that would somehow diminish how uniquely weird and awesome Pandinus is. I also didnt like the mustard yellow.

Earthrise Scorpy is a must for me. Dead excited for it.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I adore my Devil Stinger but the caramac coloured appendages are definitely lacking.

• Like Like x 4