The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Edit

The Lego Old Trafford set is so expensive it actually gets delivered by Jesus.

10272-LEGO-Stadium-11.jpg

LEGO’s New Strategy Towards Adult Fans
    So far I've bought the Batmobile and Barracuda Bay... I'll consider anything else on sale!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I shared this DinoKing tale in the G1 appreciation thread. Figured you guys might get a kick out of it.

That reminds me of the time I took my Dinoking set to Auto Assembly to sell on my stall circa 2011 or so (needed the money).
    I had a guy approach my stall and ask how much the six boxed DinoForce figures were and I replied "750", at which the guy reached in to his wallet and produced a nice crisp tenner (£10 note), and I looked at it, looked at him and said "Seven Hundred and Fifty".
    Bless him, he honestly thought he could grab a set of six boxed Japanese Transformers for £7.50.

Thankfully no-one else bought them and they're still in my collection!

• Like Like x 14
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Fixed it for you. ;) 
    Uh, I don't mean to sound cynical but a QC warning from a bloke "having a hard time" nabbing the figures does make me reflexively...
    [​IMG]
    BTW, Chapses, I've tried it out so you don't have to, and it seems that a 180°ing of Hoists waist and swapping his legs at the thigh mushroom does not seem to affect transformation meaning if this is how Trailbreaker ends up produced, I'll be swapping the legs at the thigh mushroom peg, 180°ing, and painting the hip pin heads black.
    This does make me suspect this might be another detail deliberately designed for differentiation between retools/re-uses being half-assed in execution like how POTP Slag/Slug's back of upper arm seems designed to be swapped out on the Sludge retool for closer to 'Toon style arms for Sludge but they just banged 'em on his release in the same orientation as Slug/Slag in robot mode!

Ah, I was just thinking what's going on with Fan First Friday today?
    Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 16.47.14.png
    Uh, yeah, I don't think we need to worry about the Seeker 2-pack dropping until next Friday, yeah?

• Like Like x 7
  4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    See, I want to make a joke about the car kibble being a 'quick release' feature, so Arcee can quickly free herself from anything too grabby... but that sounds... really bad?

I always wondered what happened to the old Clone Troopers in Star Wars. Because they're still active (and more aged) dudes in Revenge of the Sith. So by Ep 4 (19 years later) surely they must have grown old? Especially since the clones had advanged aging already? Did they move into Empire Admin and work in the Death Star Offices? Where did they go?

Your mistake was assuming these are for children. Children should be in the kitchen or up a chimney earning their keep I say. Leave the toys to me.

;) 

I must try this at a Lamborgini showroom.

'Excuse me sir, how much is that Aventador?'
    'Two Fifty'.
    *Produces crisp £5 note*

• Like Like x 10
  5. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Re postage. My Mirage from ID toys was shipped on Saturday with Royal Mail, and I still haven’t received it. I think what’s most annoying is unlike my Chinese eBay order it has no tracking, so I just have to wait patiently... well impatiently:lol 

• Like Like x 3
  6. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

so far, so good... some serious unboxing is about to begin!

that siege omega artwork <3

271090A2-BA91-4C4B-BDA6-8B325D8F9F68.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  7. Siege Fan

He's not wrong though, it's what swung mine into alt mode definitively.

I have an American chum keeping em peeled for the 2 packs just in case!

8. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

I know I'm not usually one for against partsforming, but ER arcee is taking it a bit far. You basically take off the entire car mode. Sure, she has the perfect screen accurate body. If you remove 4/5 of the car mode. Personally I would much rather have the slightly bulkier T30 version that folds all that car up on her back and makes it a bit tidy. And her chest is the actual car front, so there's still some car mode on her robot mode. Same with her legs being part of the rear and the rear wheels. From what I can see, er arcee barely has anything of the car as part of her robot mode.

Loved trying to get the ant into a position to get squished by the dominoes after they were pushed. Lol.
    Cannon Fodder was a great game. I think I managed to get up to the grand canyon level once, but talk about punishing. How could I forget Batman 89 and Indiana Jones and the last crusade. Never could get past the library in that game.

Indy... Indy Heat! That was a strange little race game. Oh, and Atari Grand Prix. That was more of a simulator. I do remember though, one time, I was driving backwards on one of the tracks trying to crash into people and I hit a car so hard, it split in half in the middle. Only ever managed to do that once. We never knew cars could even split in half.

And who could forget Rick Dangerous. WAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Thanks. And to you!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do prefer the look of the T30 Arcee as it's a closer fit for my IDW theme - looks tougher & more muscley, comes with swords - but not willing to pay the current market rate for that toy, so will stick with my ER Arcee preorder unless a bargain T30 one comes up.

Mt favourite console? The utterly joyous Vectrex. If Flash Gordon commissioned the Bauhaus to design him a games machine. Built-in vector monitor. And somebody is working on a fhomebrew version of / tribute to Elite for it :) 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    'Tree Fiddy? I knew it! - go away Loch Ness Monster, I ain't selling to you!'

• Like Like x 6
  11. Siege Fan

I think Street Fighter 2 was the only game I ever completed on the ST lol. Couldn't even get off the first level in Crusade!

This was another favourite, and as you can see it was the usual case of the box art being a lie...
    Screenshot_20200605-172609~2.png

Edit

I'm dying to leave this somewhere just to see folks' reactions!
    IMG_20200605_174417825.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  12. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :p 
    Was about to quote various posts but fudge it!

Sending big huggy robot squeezes out to those who seems to be very angst on every other page of this thread about one thing or another! :) ;) :D 

Earthrise Arcee - get on with your year out backpack around the world! Yeah, The only thing Arcee about TR Arcee is the face sculpt, lets face it, it's just Blurr painted pink! GTFO! :eek:  All hail T30 Arcee! :cool: 

Er Trailbreaker pics - I can get onboard with this fella - I like the option to hide away his shoulder bits in his back and cover with his Truckman hardtop/Generations-esque shield! Hey, it ain't no hoverboard! ;) 

Burp! :p :D 

• Like Like x 10
  13. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime I am Alpharius.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What postage option did you use? My Sky Lynx shipped from them on Saturday and only arrived today, but I used the cheapest (free) postage, so spent the week getting overly excited by other people's Sky Lynxes instead. He totally lived up to the hype though!

• Like Like x 7
  14. Siege Fan

While I really like the base mode and can't wait to attach it to Omega (eventually), I wish the shuttle was more secured than it is. The holding points are needlessly rubbish.
    IMG_20200605_181056179~2.jpg
    IMG_20200605_182056418.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My latest review is up - continuing to look back at CHUG toys of days gone by. This week it's the turn of Combiner Wars Powerglide!

• Like Like x 7
  16. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Pooky!

Yeah I remember Rick Dangerous. Love it.

Nice to see people mention Pushover. I think that's the only puzzle game I've ever played to completion. Level 100 is a toughie as none of the dominoes are marked and you have to pretty much work it out on a piece of paper. Anyone remember the Amiga version basically being a walking advert for Quavers? I tend to play SNES as Amiga emulators are tricky to get working.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It's definitely more of a "solid resting position" connection over a full peg onto but I get the reason for that decision play pattern wise, it's a launchpad for launching, innit?

• Like Like x 4
  18. Siege Fan

True but it also means it leans forward slightly! Or at least mine does.

19. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime I am Alpharius.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've decided that if I'm furloughed for another month, I'm going to start blog that's an issue-by-issue rereading of Avengers: The Crossing. Because I hate myself, apparently.

Please join me in hoping that I go back to work next month.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's got a slight lean forwards, I suspect in part due to the camber of the thrusters but also because of how it's designed to rest on the base utilising the weight of the shuttle's nose end because a slight rocking back of the shuttle seems the smoothest way to slip it off when "launching".

• Like Like x 5