The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    There's a dropdown menu on your board name at page top next to 'Inbox' & 'Alerts' hover over your name and click 'Signature' to go edit it.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Not all for me, but... Everything's B&M (my local had a tonne of new SS btw but I was carrying shelves!) bar the Lego (£25, Smyths, has a sale on Cyberverse btw), and the Pops.
    IMG_20200610_162346975~2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. GurrenSwagann

GurrenSwagann Member

Facebook:
    I found Studio Series Barricade for a tenner at B&M a few weeks back, I'm tempted to pop down for another look tomorrow...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Pretty much feeling all of these comments. I used to get really excited, getting pre orders in early back when I came back to this over 7 years ago. Figures that were affordable, playable and pressed all the nostalgia buttons.

Now, life and having another little one has played a part in me trying to be more sensible with the spending on this hobby, but at the same time it has coincided with prices increasing and quality decreasing which has really put me off a bit.
    The YM seekers and Coneheads were better quality than the official ones at a 3rd of the price was a real wake up call to me. I’ve been enjoying the odd CHUG piece, and really relishing getting some old G1 figures back in my hand, and have no shame in admitting I’ll be picking up MP44/MP47 KO’s for display as they are at a reasonable price and the quality can be no worse.
    If MP went by the wayside, I’d be satisfied with picking up more G1 and CHUG stuff. In a nutshell? Don’t think I’d miss it if it did, which is not what I’d have said 2014 - 2017.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Siege Fan

They'd loads of TF of every description today at mine, probably worth a look!

• Like Like x 2
  6. GurrenSwagann

GurrenSwagann Member

Facebook:
    I live in the ass end of West Wales so I'll have to cross all extremities in hope I'll find something good, here's hoping!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You have the Battlemasters there?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Siege Fan

No, Rescue, Cyberverse Scouts, SS, maybe Botbots.

Only place that has had Battlemasters in months that I've seen is Bangor.

• Like Like x 1
  9. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 
    Thank you threadizens for the heads up regarding the Seeker 2 packs going up for pre-order - dropped a cheeky deposit over at ID Toys as they offer free shipping for orders over £50! ;)  Also like quite a few of us, I too still need an ER Screamer but he was sold out by the time I POed so left my email with them in case he comes back in stock.

Saw ER Smokescreen is due in July as well. Looking a little closer at his render, made me wonder, what with all these hollow bots if the arrowed parts there should just spin down to fill in the hollow ankle/foot area? It even looks like it's got a screw at the top, just needs sliding around? I mean, that part would be clipped against his opposite ankle/foot, hidden away to form the rear of the car?
    It even looks like there's a notch which would meet with the red part as it's swung around?
    One can dream eh! :p 

Untitled.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  10. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Surely a pretender shell mutant warthog shoud - neah - must have cyberpunk shades?

Might be a pipe dream, but if you hunted down a cheap BW Razorbeat or BWN Randy (love it) you could potentially have a transforming pretending shell. The mane/gun thing slot on the back could probably be modified to fit a PM. Not likely though.

Could be worse buddy, my local Tesco is still selling Last Knight crap, and nothing else.

Indeed you can. Gripper was a childhood favourite - I'd love to see the whole crew get another shot.

Nice. My usual B&M carries a few authentics and not much else in the way of transformers, barring the KO stuff.

• Like Like x 6
  11. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@barry,
    I love the "curious animal" description in your Sky Lynx writeup, I'm now picturing a ferret looking at Sky Lynx in much the same manner...which is a picture I'll attempt to take somewhere down the line when I've got less pre-orders on the go and Sky Lynx is more doable.

MP = Loved MP10-21.

After that the G1 stuff got too cartoony, too over engineered and gradually started having too many QC issues to go with ever increasing prices. Even though Beast Wars was added into the mix I still wasn't having much fun.

The last Takara MP figure I got was Cheetor and I only got 3-4 other 3rd party ones after that which I don't think I even transformed.

Official is rarely worth the money any more so I don't blame anyone for going with KO's particularly with how good some of them are.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Siege Fan

This was Forestside, mostly SS, which of course I don't need!

I nearly bought a Crosshairs I don't really need in Smyths today just because I'm often in 'fuck knows when I'll be back' mode.

If the social distancing rule isn't gone soon smaller shops don't stand a chance. Nobody is gonna queue at every other shop, especially in the rain or if you'd like to get home an hour earlier... And considering they're easing restrictions left and right without tracing or the app in place... I'd rather be cautious, personally, but the overall premise is cooked now.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Well, they have got form for putting out mis-transformed renders before so that very well might be an undeployed filler panel, great spot!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  14. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Guys, today I got a box.

20200610_175309.jpg

It is a nice box. It's also a fairly large box. Here it is next to a regular sized soda can, and my Admiral Yularen minifigure who was on my desk and withing reach for size comparisons.

20200610_175542.jpg

And do you know what was in that box? What wonderful, magical, marvelous thing?

Well, I'll tell you. It was...

...a whole lot of empty space... But what little space that was taken up is ADORABLE!

20200610_175601.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  15. GurrenSwagann

GurrenSwagann Member

Facebook:
    There were Battlemasters in the one I went to, passed on them though.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Ooh! Wheels up notice from HLJ! The game's afoot!

• Like Like x 8
  17. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Anyone selling a Siege Soundwave or Earthrise Starscream?

18. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 3
  19. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :D 
    Hoist in the house!

My first Earthrise bot and what a great looking engineer he is too! A classic update for the err.. Generations Classic! ;) 
    On closer inspection he had some green paint scuffs on his windshield but that was easily removed real quick with some Silvo.

20200610_181105.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  20. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From Star Action Figures? They always overbox.

Kapow toys has soundwave, smyths has starscream both at rrp.

• Like Like x 3