The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel your quandary. I’m in the same boat. I’ve looked at the pros and cons as well. I have x3 Siege seekers and will likely stay with them. I do like those F15 alt modes but not enough to splash the cash for that two pack.

Will we actually get them in the UK? It was a mission for me getting Ratchet which I imported from the US and total cost came in at £50 spent. Ironhide I got for £20 which wasn’t too bad for the same mould.

• Like Like x 2
  2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    @MissingSea, I'm virtually positive they've broken the law on discrimination there. If you do get some (proper) legal advice this would be question worth posing I reckon. IMO. (But my opinion is almost as good as a Doctors). Anyway it's proper shit that happened to you and indicative of the hypocrisy of clap for the NHS.

Ooof. Moving away from hideous current events (although MP's bringing the Corona into work is absolutely hilarious) have a slice of the past, when things were rosier. Could just be the tinted glasses? Look! The entire run of Knight Books MASK childrens novels!

20200604_094718.jpg

Gotta love a book with a Hologram on the cover. I read childhood ones so much.

• Like Like x 14
  3. Carboreeta

Carboreeta Well-Known Member

ID and Kapow have both said they will ahve pre orders for the two pack at some point.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

This thread keeps punching me in the nostalgia :lol  my brother had some of those MASK books too!

• Like Like x 5
  5. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

I agree partially on the legacy characters that were shoehorned into the gimmick, but they did act as a gateway for those who did miss out on the earlier CHUG releases, or in the case of the Dinobots hadn't had updates. I fully agree on Cyclonus, that was a very very odd choice. I'm lucky enough that I managed to get a lot of the legacy figures including Cyclonus, so I mainly focussed on the 'new' characters. However, there were some stonking figures from Prime Wars, and it still feels weird that we managed to get all of the Autobot Headmasters, a good chunk of the 'con headmasters and the 'con Targetmasters.

Thanks all, I did think about talking to ACAS, but I'd rather put it all behind me and move on. I just needed a bit of a rant to get it out of my system. I start a new role on Monday, it's only temporary, but it'll give me some breathing room to have a longer term look.

TFs again, I'm liking the look of T'cracker and Skywarp, really hoping that they aren't going to be £100 though.

• Like Like x 9
  6. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Immakeeppunching you in the nostalgia.

20200115_164701.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Shop.to have a UK PSN+ 12 month digital code for £30

8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

So i ordered the HT War Machine MkIV, expensive but hopefully worth it...I also threw in the new AoA Weapon X fig as they had it in stock.

Oh and i just POed that add on for Astrotrain that sorts the back of his shuttle...Sky Lynx will be bought at some point...maybe next payday, not sure yet...want a new computer chair and i am fed up of cheap chairs so am looking at one of those £300 versions

• Like Like x 2
  10. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    NOSTALGlA OVERLOAD

20200604_113933.jpg

20200604_113711.jpg

I 'believe' that's a full run of UK TF Annuals... the later years miiight not be though, they became very inconsistant.

• Like Like x 11
  11. Siege Fan

The people behind Lego.com couldn't organise a shag in a whorehouse, they really couldn't.

• Like Like x 2
  12. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    Speaking of micromasters, especially good ones, I could be persuaded to part with Direct Hit and Power Punch if anyone was interested? I still have the packaging too, if that helps.

• Like Like x 2
  13. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    They're exactly the same size. There's some remoulding on them, mainly in the pack connections on the figures but they are a very faithful recreation. Loving the everliving shit out of mine.

I think the Micro's are pretty pants. I feel obliged to get a few more Decepticon ones to tootle around Scorponok, but I lean heavily on the word obliged there. Ratbat and Laserbeak are my favourites, but that's kinda cheating isn't it? I like the Decepticon jets as far as actual MM updates go. At least they had some features and articulation the originals didn't. I guess the Rescue Patrol would be my next best recommendation. Haven't played with the MM combiner duo, but I suspect they're a bit better than the rest.

I know, right? I'm a wee bit worried about people seriously depleting their electrolytes in there.

@MissingSea that's fucking lousy news, man. I'm glad you've been able to find some work and I hope you get a decent redundancy payout and that you and the family are alright through this.

"Pax?"
    "No...but close enough."
    From RiD#27 'Black Planet'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  14. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Aw man, I had that one with Jazz and Starscream at the observatory. It wasn't all that well written, but it was great that it went full-on doing a story without needing to lean on Optimus Prime and Megatron. The robot cast was basically just Starscream, Bombshell and Jazz, and it worked better for it.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 1
  16. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    @nice sideburns - the Battle Squad are by far the best, they actually feel decent in hand and the colour palette is classically post movie Decepticon. They're very good.

The rest.. eeeh. Air Strike are fun, but by and large most fail by adding articulation where there doesn't need to be. They throw joints into the mix that in the main you can't meaningfully put to good use, especially when most lack a head swivel, and as a result of this combined with a 'that'll do' build quality you end up with fiddly falling apart messes. Where they actually pull out the stops - like in Stakeout - that build quality bites hard and trashes a really well designed little fella.

Keep forgetting that Soundwave's lads fall under this umbrella too - Lazerbeak is great and I quite like Rumble, stunted as he is. Ratbat is sweet and Ravage is very much not.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  17. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My 'no more Siege' mantra is still going well. Cromar arrived yesterday, and now what must be the fastest turn around ever from ID Toys.

IMG_20200604_131308__01.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  18. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@MissingSea,
    Sorry you've had to go through that, hope the temporary position you're starting gives you some space to clear your thoughts.

@tikgnat,
    Great pics of the various annuals and adventure books, I had quite a few of those as a nipper!

• Like Like x 8
  19. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

Just a teeny bit of bigging up for that Cyclonus from me, I love it, I think I have 3, possibly more, one is being a torso, one on its own, love the smaller head, great colour and reasonable mobility.
    nuff said.

Great adult nerd insulting there, give the man a (virtual) cigar.

Outcomes of first mid-Covid boot sale?
    One of the Furbys is acided-up, should still work I reckon but wipes ahoy! Not sure if I'll keep them, great to look at but its all space innit?
    WH40K box from a dealer for a fiver was a steal, some old Bretonian/Elf pants that will get ditched but lots of Space Marine goodness including a superlative techmarine backpack. All the little bags of weapons appear to be Power Rangers so we shall see as to their usefulness, and a few Mega-Bloks heads that could be useful for something.
    Bit of Scalextric DIY to do to fix a cool car but then do I ditch the rest of the set...its got a lap counter though...grrrr.
    Some cool blu-rays including Robocop ("give the man a hand")!
    ..and possibly some bits for other peeps.

No TF Wish-ness yet.

Laters from the peanut gallery/cheap seats.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    This is true, ordered Tuesday and he arrived today

5C06AB88-37CE-41C3-837D-1A7687DCDDFA.jpeg
    E7C60139-BEAC-4E1C-A3C8-825E5E342242.jpeg

• Like Like x 14