The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    I did a blue eyed ‘Toon’ version of this.... but decided on a yellow ‘toy/comic’ version too as we love a yellow eye Optimus in here.

1D4E8AAD-50B6-4165-A0B8-091B11EA3FD4.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  3. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

It's cool though :D 

• Like Like x 4
  4. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Pew, and indeed pew pew BBA08856-F676-4DA3-8E50-7A5DEA84286E.jpeg E6453F79-BC4F-4ABD-A21C-71B9BDEC76F1.jpeg 5B04E8E5-BC0B-47E0-9A88-F76F649F28C5.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  5. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a nubbin in front of it?

Screenshot_20200605-235339_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Dang! I missed the perfect moment to reply "Very erect nipples", a moment of true regret.

• Like Like x 6
  7. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Indeed. Twas harping on about how I loved it earlier.

BEEFCAKE!

You know it!

• Like Like x 6
  8. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've tried running my Dreamcast through my TV and it just doesn't feel right on such a big screen. Once I get the mancave sorted I'm very tempted to pick up a cheap smaller one and set it up in there so I can spend all day playing Soul Calibur and Crazy Taxi.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

@nice sideburns Have you cracked yet?

;) 

• Like Like x 4
  10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    BWAHAHAH. I have a 14 inch CRT set up in my cave as the retro gamestation TV... it is not 'portable'. Having said that I guess the size of technology back then, it WAS considered portable... I mean look at these old phones!

Mobile_phone_evolution.jpg

FYI my Dad's first mobile phone was the one on the right here, a Mitsubishi Roamer. And I remember him carrying an extra 1 battery packs because 1 battery could not last an entire day, even the charger had 2 battery slots. Sorry I digress.

img_3034_jpg_medium.jpg

@Napalm, my ER Prime head may have a appointment with a bowl of hot water... the problem is I've added the Toyhax upgrade stickers so unless I can get them off easily yellow eyes ain't happening,

@MyTea Boc I like Lynximus Maximus. In fact, I may have to give that a go myself... when I get a Sky Lynx of course.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

There is a vertical pin but it is only exposed at the top, the bottom is fully enclosed in plastic so can't even punch it out. Was hopelessly hoping someone might have some dodgy trick but i kinda knew there wasn't. They must have put the wing together before mounting the whole thing on the pin. Just odd that there was barely enough room to get them out on the other wing, but that one was doable. Guess I'll get to work on that mutation research.

I can understand where the ss fans are coming from. The ss line is giving the bayformers well built figures that actually look screen accurate (unlike the ones from the mainlines that were a mixed bag). G1, while having a line out for years in some capacity (yes, some parts were redesigned and comics etc), essentially has developed it's own studio series in the wfc trilogy, well built and screen accurate. Both lines were having their cake and eating it. Now, g1 figures are crossing over and taking character slots away from still unreleased bay figures, while still having their own line going. If wfc was cancelled and g1 was folded into the ss, maybe there wouldn't be as much rage. Though i don't think it deserves rage and hatred. There's bigger things going on. Saying that, this of it being a way to get enough stuff out for the 35th anni does make sense and it is a movie.

98a.gif

Ugh, feeling rough today. Didn't sleep well and belly is messed up. Gonna be a lazy day i think. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I honestly can't. The embarrassing thing is how shrill and invective some SS/Movieverse fans have jumped straight to about a few non-live action/likely G1 inspired figures being mixed into the line, so disproportionate you'd think Hasbro were nixing Bayverse toys entirely. Seems to me what they are kneejerk lashing out at in an unselfconscious fashion is the slap in the face reminder that their favourite property doesn't belong to them but Hasbro, who can follow the money wherever they like in any given TF line. In some way it's like they themselves have graduated to a level of excess at least equal to the worst Geewunners.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

G1 Hasbro Snarl Back WAC5S101.5NN 1200.jpg G1 Euro Snarl Back WAC5 1200-S101.5NN.jpg
    G1 Hasbro Snarl 2 WNS501-1.5NNC6100S101.5NN 1200.jpg
    G1 Euro Snarl WAS451.5NNC5 1200.jpg

G1 Hasbro Snarls, US and European version

• Like Like x 7
  14. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

It does seem to have triggered a total over reaction. Must admit, when i saw gnaw basically 'confirm' 86 figures would be crossing into ss, i was a bit 'stay in lane' but it's not like it's ending all bayformer figures and if it is a way to get the 86 cast out for the 35th, then it makes sense. Maybe it's also stemming from the way some geewunners keep going into movie discussions and going on about how it sucks and g1 was the best and so on. It doesn't happen as much now but it does on occasion (partly why i don't go in the movie forum very much) and that can generate some feelings against g1, so when a safe haven is seen as getting intruded, lime you say, those feelings come rushing up and they knee jerk reaction. And yes, bayfans do that to g1 fans too. It really is a shame the fandom is so divided like this, instead of just everyone enjoying toy robots. It's funny, as this is how the Cybertron war started in sunbow. Two lines of robot products came into conflict.

I just thought, since the studio series is licensed cars and aiming for realism, what if these 86 guys are a realistic restyle of the g1 guys. Not full bayformering them, but say moulding metal plates and rivets over their large blank areas, giving them sculpted nuts and bolts, pistons, things like that into their cartoon designs? Like those sector 7 videos that came out back before the 07 movie where they used g1 designs in the real world? That would be pretty cool to see. Which i also just realised would be the opening of the bumblebee movie. Hahaha!

• Like Like x 6
  15. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 
    Good morning!

Just going for a stroll over to the Studio Series 1986 thread...

20200606_104007.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  16. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I'm not a fan of G1 taking over SS.

CHUG has been G1 for how long now? 12 going on 13 years? I collect MP and SS, I dont want to collect CHUG as MP fills that gap for me. So for WFC to start going down the Mini-MP line, thats great for people who can't afford or can't get a hold of MP. Best of both worlds. I can spend my time mainly on MP and collecting SS, I dont need to worry about CHUG and vice-versa.

SS is the only line that isn't G1. So when theres now no movie figures coming out in SS and everything is G1. What is there for me to collect? Nothing. I don't need these G1 figures, thats what my MP figures are for.

If CHUG actually started branching out to lines that arent G1. And I don't mean "oh here have a Cybertron remold and repaint" once a year etc. I mean actually full on go Beast Wars, updated Unicron Trilogy, anything that isnt G1, I don't think there would maybe be such an uproar. Its starting to get boring, especially when we are starting seeing the same characters year after year.

But that's just my opinion :p 

• Like Like x 8
  18. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Megs actually looks pretty good on Nitro's body! Dang now you've got me wanting to try and get TR Megatron... again.

• Like Like x 5
  19. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Right? I run mine via a vga box through a pc monitor, so it isn't massive, but looks quite well.

Do it. Just make sure whatever feetie bits you use are solid! There is a weak ball joint in one of those PE feet I used, and it made it a bugger to balance.

I remember when the studio series line first got rolling some folks complained it would take release slots away from Generations. Funny how things can change.

Honestly when I saw the gromlock listing my first thought was a g1 coloured version of SS gromlock, with a pink deco of that wee wheelie that came with Shockwave. I hope not. But... Its not like we haven't had g1 decos in movie lines before.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Courtesy of @Siege Fan my Abomination now has a right leg!
    image.jpg
    Also, for everybody that’s saying CHUG is invading Studio Series, that’s already CHUG. The proper term would be G1. Don’t be offended, I’m just a little annoyed by improper terminology.

• Like Like x 8