The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I remember getting that second album from a school jumble sale. Still got it. Was my only exposure to marvel tf until i started getting the titan collections in 2006 (idw got me into tf comics properly).

Todays deskbots.
    IMG_20200604_124631.jpg

I'm gonna do up that Gigatron into a custom character and pimp him out so hard.

• Like Like x 8
  2. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Seekers Two-pack is out at Hong Kong retail, so if those preorders are going to happen......can't be far off.

• Like Like x 7
  3. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Outrun / Golden Axe and Final Fight. Memories of playing them on arcade machines on a camp site (called Pachacaid) down in the South of France. Being a horny teenager copping off with as much totty as possible on that same campsite. Revisiting that site several years on the spin meeting up with people met previously.

Desperately wanting to play those games on a computer/console. Having a Vic 20 and Commodore 64 to play them on. Having the mega drive. Playing Altered Beast was a fun game. Definitely Golden Axe and FF really fond memories in the late 80s.

EDIT: 1990 - Discovered Doom and then it was all about Quake 1991-1997 (ID Software- John Carmack), Unreal Tournament and LAN Parties 1st person shooters. Diablo, very atmospheric whilst stoned at uni playing that, X Series by Egosoft, Balders Gate, Medieval Total War and Skyrim many hours of my life lost to playing those games.

It all started playing Elite on the BBC Micro.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm voting for the greatest console ever made, the Dreamcast. It had my favourite game of all time on it (Shenmue), and the memory card things were utterly mad.

• Like Like x 5
  5. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Any of these of interest to anyone? Having a clearout. PM me to discuss prices, deals on lots. Cheers!

IMG_20200604_151218905_HDR.jpg IMG_20200604_150955899.jpg IMG_20200604_150734827_HDR.jpg IMG_20200604_145604082_HDR.jpg IMG_20200603_141941879_HDR.jpg IMG_20200603_141926897_HDR.jpg IMG_20200603_141743892_HDR.jpg IMG_20200603_141722336_HDR.jpg IMG_20200603_141644942_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The greatest thing Sega ever made? Easy.

The Virtua Fighter series. (Many) years ago I was playing at a really high level. Sarah was my main (already an uphill struggle as she doesn't have devastating moves or combos like say, Akira) but was good enough to come second with her on an online tournament. Top player was sent to Germany to represent the UK in the World Video Game Championships.

There was another slot for a UK player but that was to be decided by a local tournament in Birmingham. Because I came 2nd on the online tournament I was invited to enter but I couldn't be arsed to traipse all that way.

I kinda regret that now. I coulda been a contender!

• Like Like x 6
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Home Bargains - Cyberverse £9, cheap dinosaurs for anyone who needs them, and Call of Duty kitchenware...
    IMG_20200604_160110258.jpg IMG_20200604_160051621.jpg IMG_20200604_155737684.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@Siege Fan,
    I should have that Figuarts Mandalorian in about a week.

I'm already scratching my head at the thought process that came up with that method of attaching the rifle to the strap and that tiny piece to plug the hole in the strap is effing ridiculous...no way am I removing that from the package.

I also think the cape doesn't look great and isn't wired so I'll see how easy it is to remove and be on the lookout for a custom one.

Bandai's approach to guns and holsters is also weird, even Hasbro can do properly working holsters so why do Bandai overthink things and do swappable pieces with a pre-sculpted gun handle and with Mando, incorporate yet another tiny part that's fodder for the carpet monster?

All that said, it's still looking good, I just have a feeling I won't bother with the rifle storage as me and fiddly processes don't get on.

Have checked out a couple of Sky Lynx reviews and I think it's a buy, just gotta wait for the all clear that my other ebay package got there and the buyer is happy with it.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Siege Fan

I avoid larger figures for the most part. I mean they're usually absolutely stunning but cost, space, and as you say small parts...

• Like Like x 1
  10. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    yeah, royal Rumble on a snes, I love that game.

it is the cougars that jump out and kill your horse that do my nut, then I have to do my walk of shame back to town.

finished the story of batman Arkham asylum, nearly finished. will be glad when I can move on.

legs are still dodgy. my son is getting better at the skills and I now know I cannot keep up with an 8 year old

brilliant pic

loads still to happen, the last season for me was a bit poor. will still watch it though.

mate took this pic, thought I would share

IMG-20200603-WA0005.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  11. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    2000/2001 Sega is creativly absolutely insane, maybe unrivaled, really. Shame popularity didn't mix with but, yeah.

That's fucking great story regardless <3
    How often I skipped class to go play VF in the arcades... I also remember so clearly the one full cabinet of Virtua Racing there was not sooo far away from my city, and going just to see it was like going into the future.

(I'm gonna be that asshole pointing out that FF isn't a Sega game, but I only do this to protect you of the incoming wrath of @incapable hulk).
    I love it because you wouldn't believe how many "arcade in the south of France vacation" stories I heard and it's always a super treat.
    And I agree, Outrun has never been and will never be outfashioned. It's kind of incredible.

• Like Like x 8
  12. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm gonna be that asshole pointing out that FF isn't a Sega game, but I only do this to protect you of the incoming wrath of @incapable hulk).
    I love it because you wouldn't believe how many "arcade in the south of France vacation" stories I heard and it's always a super treat.
    And I agree, Outrun has never been and will never be outfashioned. It's kind of incredible.[/QUOTE]

My bad Capcom. :eek:  Good spot pulling me up. :D 

Long day with my son literally talking at me about setting off TNT in minecraft PE for the last 35 mins.

I’m losing the will to live now. If anyone in here has moderator privileges, please can you fix the quote of Large’s last post that I’ve chopped off in this reply. Thank you.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Siege Fan

I was staggered at how great a Parisian arcade was in the late 90s.

• Like Like x 2
  14. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Screw 2020, today's menu: old and older

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  15. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Having seen the facemasks in public transport news*, I'm now hunting for a Sub Zero one. It seems an obvious choice.

*it's not compulsory here in Scotland yet, but there's no way that it won't be by the end of next week.

• Like Like x 9
  16. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 
    Good early evening all!

My manager called me today with reference to me coming back to work from furlough - will be 5 weeks tomorrow - as they have decided to open up the End Of Life Vehicle section of the scrapyard and needed me back on the frontline working the weighbridge. I originally asked to be furloughed due to them deciding to open up again to general public trade as they where ringing around asking folk to start up their Transit tippers and bring their scrap in despite the Gov advice to Stay At Home, Save Lives!
    Said they needed me from Monday coming and suggested I go away for an hour to think it over. Turns out they have a couple of staff taking some annual leave and are short handed. o_O  The manager called again so I said if I did return it wouldn't be until a week on Monday as per the Gov guidelines of 3 week blocks of furlough, pointing out I had yet to receive any sort of confirmation paperwork from HR about being furloughed and not receiving my payslip not any type of communication since being at home. :confused: 
    Before I could get to my list of questions regarding social distancing, cover for break times, staff shortages as we where already down to a skeleton staffing, I was told he just needed a yes or no so they could call someone else! :mad:  The change in management over the last 6 months has been appalling and not one which looks after the concerns of their staff despite whatever the CEO posts as a generic send to all email or what they post on the website. :( 

But anyway, hope you're all keeping well and staying safe? ;) 

• Like Like x 5
  17. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@Siege Fan,
    For all the clever stuff that Bandai and Medicom do with their 6 inch figures, there's definitely a degree of overthinking that goes on which results in debacles like the rifle storage on the Mandalorian or complete non thinking which makes swapping hands on MAFEX figures far scarier than it needs to be.

If the overall figures weren't usually as nice I wouldn't be giving them a 2nd look.

@doucoo,
    I put many, many hours into that game with a friend. Seems crazy looking back now as there were only a handful of characters who all had the same basic moves and I think it was the first time proper finishers were in a WWF game.

If younger me could have seen Fire Pro Wrestling World I'd probably have exploded.

And it's not just the ability to recreate anyone from any wrestling promotion ever but when you've a roster limit of 1500 the sky's the limit particularly with the new custom part creator....thanks to that I now have the ability to have Death's Head 1 & 2 team up and knock the shite out of the 10th Doctor who I've long wished to see smacked repeatedly in the head with a metal folding chair :D  ( Disclaimer: the character, not Tennant himself. )

• Like Like x 4
  18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I loved the Sega consoles. Well, the Saturn and Dreamcast. It's incredible that the Saturn, a 26 year old console, can still impress with it's 2D graphics.

As to Virtua Fighter, have another story. I've played VF since VF2 on the Saturn. I went back and grabbed VF Remix (I only played the original Virtua Fighter on Saturn in the past year) and then moved to VF3 on DC etc etc. So I eas pretty familiar with it growing up.

In... oooh. 2000? Or thereabouts, on one of my holidays I was travelling to Crete from Athens via ferry. And lo and behold what did they have in the ship arcade but an aging (but still venerable) VF2 cabinet? Back then it was still the Drachma, and it worked out at 10p a credit or something.

And of course, I could get all the way to Dural on one credit. Didn't beat her (cheating bosses FTL) but I remember all these Greek kids wondering how the hell I could be so good on that arcade machine.

Mispent youth baby.

• Like Like x 4
  19. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

OT
    I am sorry for any and all of you whose jobs or families have been hurt by the pandemic. My only advice is: education, education, education. Whether it is a certificate, an online degree or a Coursera programme, getting additional qualifications would be my number one priority if left without a job for an extended period of time. When we are in a regular job, sometimes it's a marathon with no breaks and it can be very hard to find time to study or upskill. This is the opportunity to do so. Good luck!

• Like Like x 6
  20. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Was it La Tête dans les Nuages ? It opened in the late 90's and it was like DisneyLand on neons. Before that I only knew dark smokey arcade rooms I wasn't even allowed to enter because under 16 (but who's going to stop me right ?), and, well, that was very cool too. very different cool though haha.

Haha I love it !
    (dang I almost forgot about VF Remix. Sure bring back some memories of the polygon wars haha).
    Saturn was my babe. I remember some magazine published a contest about Daytonna USA, and I played this one to the death, send pictures of my times I believed was the fastest of all time and well, they never published it and some other kid got the price and I wasn't even mad because I knew what time I made, was just happy with it, and I also knew how bad I was at taking pictures haha.
    Anyway, last year at some friend house we played Daytonna for the fun of it and I it must have been 20 years since I haven't touch it and well, after one or two laps of derust I still got it !
    Crazy how reflexes work.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 6