The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Looking at this image might have me building some lego tonight... Going to be a big job!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I've more shelves to install before I can build any more!

3. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    I pre-ordered the Razor Crest set from LEGO after finishing the Mandalorian the other night. Turns out TV is a poor influence on spending habits, who knew?

• Like Like x 5
  4. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Hoping May 4th has some new reveals along the lines of,

Black Series
    Kuill with Blurrg
    Mandalorian with Dewback
    Greef Karga

Figuarts
    IG-11
    Biker Scout with white Speeder Bike
    ( Prototypes for both have been shown at toy shows but no pre-orders yet )

Would also like Bandai to do,
    The Armourer
    Moff Gideon
    Jawas with mudhorn egg ( Prototypes for 2 OT flavoured Jawas have also been shown so all they'd need to do is sculpt the egg and change the eyes to red. )

• Like Like x 4
  5. Siege Fan

What I would like is the return of the Lego Star Wars Buildables (spent last year buying them all up, even Solo, ha), but it's just not likely lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Loosecannon

I don't know if I would dare place it on a shelf!

Had a little free time over the past couple of days and is it just me or is the transformer section on ebay going a little daft?
    Loads of pre-owned fairly common stuff up for fair in excess of original or market value. FT boxes from on seller up to £35 each?
    I know people chance it on £1 final value fee weekends, but this seems to the extreme.

Do people need money that much at the minute? Is it that they have an unrealistic expectation that they must cost more once they are no longer out?

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  7. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    I just want a shedload of the Mandalorians - gouge me for all the colours Hasbro, you know you want to.

Now I've watched it through "officially" I still like it, although it's not quite the "saviour" of all things Star Wars as some want to claim it to be. Some of the scripting is still clunky enough for me to believe Lucas is still slipping the odd line or premise himself.

The Planet/Townscape they've all been hiding on is convenient for having the least sewer like sewers ever conceived under where all the set pieces have taken place, and Moff Gideon is great, but he would have been shot to shit in short order in that particular scene if anyone else but Disney was writing the rules for this series.

But convenience for the sake of plot isn't much of a sin for TV these days.

I'll wait for Series 2 avidly. And give me my Black Series Beskar Mando Stat!

Forgotten Soldiers: IMG_20200503_153340.jpg

Going through the vaults looking for Black Truckbots I found this intriguing fellow.

I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be Power Core Huffer - he's going to need a more suitable name if he wants to stay resurrected for long.

• Like Like x 13
  8. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    (such a great book!)
    Well thank you very very much man, very glad you liked it *scratch the back of his head*
    I do apologize for the wordings and grammar mistakes thought. I'll try to be way better at it next time I do that kind of thing (if). Was just about to post "Hey that super game is 30 !" but then remembering the trivias I couldn't help myself. And typed all that way to fast in an hurry.

[​IMG]

Anywaaaaaay, yeah that's a period of time really -really- interesting in so many levels. Between all the mutations in entertainement and economy AND culturally, as well as the impact of a war lost, of a nuclear trauma, of an identity to determine (after all the Meiji restauration was still not very old, so between that, the war, and this brand new world, what is Japan ?), there's a lot to study here, things still resonating today or having put its impact along the way in many cultural items we all lived (Yeah, even Back to the Future 2).
    Tezuka opening the manga market, the animation boom, Hiroshi Yamauchi expanding his little familly cards compagny, americans and the mechanical machines in the bars and café, suddenly samourais and ninja on movies everywhere ("What is Japan ?"), a youth and older generation in a rift like never before, and to say nothing about politics or hell, the yakuzas... Yeah, stuff. Lot and lot of stuff.

[​IMG]

That's a statement I think I can endorse. My sunday evenings more than 30 years ago were all about Lupin III and Cat's Eyes on our 3rd channel, right before dinner.

As for this sunday, I've no idea how this came to be but it's a BRUH one somehow.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  9. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If it helps, I also have the KBB Voyager MP10 (in red and in white) but in no way do they invalidate my ER Prime. They are really different tools for different jobs. The KBBs are great for their engineering, but the ER Prime is just a lot more fun to pick up and mess with. But you have now made me wonder if the ER trailer will fit the KBB Prime......

All this talk about focus.... My focus is...... Nope, cant say that with a straight face at all. In reality, my collection focus is 'stuff wot I like' and it really ends there. It runs from some RiD2015 Warriors, a few one step movie bot, a lot of HA and Alternators, a serious chunk of CHUG, mostly pre-MP11 Masterpieces and a large helping of 3P. And I love it all.

I think that the only two pieces of advice I would give is, firstly to think about value when you plan what you will buy. I went through a long phase of picking up almost every Deluxe released. They are a good price point, able to be dropped into a shopping basket or grabbed off a shelf when on sale, but still felt like a decent sized figure. I had loads. And then I realised that I had so many that half of them didnt really mean much to me, and that actually I would enjoy a single 3P bot more than 3 Deluxes. This shifted my collecting to what personally gives me the most enjoyment in a long term collection. A couple of Deluxes makes me smile for the weekend that I bought them, but that one 3P bot I got 18 months ago still makes me happy.

Secondly, dont get pulled into the 'popular opinions'. Its very easy to see the group-think online and let that dictate the direction of your collection. I stopped browsing most of these boards because it started to colour my enjoyment of the bots that I had or liked. If you want to collect every movie one step bot then thats your collection goal. Go for it and have fun with it. Some of my favourite bots in my collection are ones that the wider fandom (outside this thread) have decided are 'not that good'.

Yeah, thats him. Recently, I really wish I had picked up more of the PCC Commander class figures. Possibly my favourite set of Scout sized bots, narrowly beating out RotF Scouts. Quality toys.

• Like Like x 8
  10. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is, he should have a little translucent blue minicon as well.

Power Core Huffer's still doing sterling service as my CHUG Huffer stand-in with Galaxy Force Armorhide filling in for Pipes. You'd think those two characters will come up in War for Cybertron at some point.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    6C720661-F620-43BF-BF24-CCA7B7D99D1C.gif
    A4CB574F-0E87-40C6-AB6C-447245631035.gif
    I’ve been holding off on the new Duck tales, but this and it being on Disney+ means I’m gonna check it out.
    Love that film, so to me it’s not that controversial. I’ll put Nausicaa and Castle in the sky in the 10% ;) 

• Like Like x 6
  12. motorthing

News Credits:
    Somebody mentioned the XTB Stunts.

IMG_20200503_155605.jpg

They were great when they started off at £30, back down to perfectly serviceable at £50 odd and their MotorMaster is pretty good - but at present they are stuck without ALL the bits needed to make the Big Dude - which with the uncertainties of the world and Keith's notoriously shifting priorities - is beginning to feel like a bit of a bait and switch. I've invested in the set, but I'm none the bloody wiser as to if and when I'll ever have a Menasor.

That's not good.

• Like Like x 13
  13. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]BW scale by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Rat patrol by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

Rattrap's transformation is a tad fiddly as there's very little spare space to put the limbs into so everything has to be positioned very precisely otherwise nothing works as intended but it's quite satisfying once done and considering the scale I think Transform Element have done very well in keeping the gaps and visible robot parts to a minimum, really looking forward to seeing what they do with Scorponok.

[​IMG]Kurt by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

@motorthing,
    Good points, I think it's been very enjoyable but there's always room for improvement...more locations may come if they have a higher budget for series 2.

I'm open minded on more Black Series Mandalorians, I just hope they become easier to get for a sane price than the first figure and Cara Dune have....I waited until I'd seen the series first just to be sure I liked it and discovered both figures now seem to be upwards of £30 so I'm hoping for another run.

And with both Bandai & Medicom revealing their Beskar Mando figures it seems a bit dumb of Hasbro not to get things moving with distribution of their version.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Well, I had my doubts he could pull it off even with his new tighter hips but, Lo & Behold, he actually CAN?!
    DSC_0046.JPG DSC_0051.JPG
    Western release Box Art pose!!! I tried to get his Autobrand lit in snap #2, with the cheat of having my phone torch on but the right angle for glow is a bit more off the correct pose angling so I'm submitting both for your approval! ;) 

• Like Like x 16
  15. Siege Fan

I really wish Scorponok came with a gun... I'm thinking of just displaying him with his claws poised and without the shield.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I really wouldn't worry about that, I suspect that like Max there'll be a slew of upgrade weapons packs hot on the heels of his release!

• Like Like x 5
  17. Loosecannon

What more does he really need?

• Like Like x 4
  18. Siege Fan

I know, but that's a slippery slope for someone like me!

He needs an armour-plated orange gun like it's 1987!

• Like Like x 5
  19. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

You mean like this one?! ;) 

751B9334-B704-4FB2-9A1E-C49589FC81FB.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  20. motorthing

News Credits:
    That feeling when you've just bought Galaxy Prime on sale*, just to get hold of the yellow-eyes head of the inner-robot......
    IMG_20200503_165641.jpg

"He's going to decapitate me isn't He?!"

*£35 at Comics and Cocks

• Like Like x 12