The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I'm all for the seller making some profit, hell I'd like to make some myself when I sell on eBay (I usually break even - which is fine by me as it opens up funds for more toys, which is why I sell)
    But MP t.cracker and miscrents calculations puts the profit at almost the rrp of said figure, that's too much and its greedy - but yeah the figures value is only what you want to pay - and yeah there are desperadoes out there who may well pay to get the figure now.

2. MrMark

MrMark Minifigure

News Credits:
    I admit to buying a Lego Thor polybag for £10.00 it retails for $4.99 in TRU but i cannot justify the sets he appears in and for £10.00 its still cheaper than the loose figures on ebay, just.

Usually during the last week in October on a Thursday so a guess it maybe 25th October this year as the last years began on 27th October to 2nd November so only a week but i think the 2010 lasted two weeks.
    The sign is they start stocking random toys on endcaps at high prices a few days before. Some staff will even tell you when its happening others won't. It's a really busy period for the staff who are restocking all the time subject to stock arriving of course. It's good to get there early to get some lego sets before the scalpers hit and take the lot as they do not restock the lego until after the sale. It's best to go the night before to see what they have.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  3. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge

News Credits:
    Heads up UK peeps

There is a scam going around you need to be aware of

I've been contacted (twice) about a Transformers colelction for sale, the same collection is posted for sale on various websites

The pictures change slightly with each variation of the scam but you should have early alarm bells form the pictures (Lots of US only and Canadian boxed G1 items in a UK collection)

Each time I've been offered they also use the same image of a Japanese G1 Fort Max in a rough box

The "seller" will say they live in the Shetlands Islands and offer free shipping
    It's all a scam, the pictures are stolen & they are based in London

Be aware, if something looks too good to be true, then it probably is

Always ask for more pictures or a picture of the toys with that days newspaper

Cheers
    Hitch

4. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, with patience and commitment you can get near enough anything for a decent price. Just gotta play the game baby!

I made one or two decent contacts during the WC debacle, we had a good chat and they've lent me a hand since then. There are a lot of shitheads who will say anything to get a toy they want, but there are some good chaps over there too.

5. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking of that, thanks for the Kreons... ;) 

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yup, that Unicron looks godawful, I thought I was the noly one that thought it looks like utter utter ass. Urgghghggh money saved.

Scalpers... well technically I've been a scalper. In my defence I was young and needed the money. Seriously though in my defence I've never CLEARED out shelves of stuff, I usually nab an extra one or maybe two, leave some and shove the extra on eBay with a comfortable margin.

The last thing I bought to 'scalp' was the bendy Spider-man figure but he ended up being a Birthday present for a friends kid anyway... wait thats a lie, I bought that Spider-man as a favour to a guy on the boards, but he backed out, THEN I was going to scalp him, then he was given away as a birthday present.

Actually it was a good present, I gave it to a boy who previously was given an Iron Man 2 ATV vehicle or something. It seats two, but he only had the 10cm Iron Man figure that came with the car to drive it. Anyway the boy looked mildly confused (he normally expects Transformers from me (and to be honest he did get a PCC Undertow as well). Anyway I said to him

'Spider-man can ride in Iron Mans car' he replied
    'But Iron Man drives it.'
    'Ah but who is Iron Man going to talk to?'
    '... ... ...'

Then the penny dropped and suddenly Iron Mans ATV has a new lease of life. Heh.

I'm babbling.

End of the day, unless you want to live in a communist country I'm afraid you're just going to have to deal with scalping. I digress. I must be bored.

Lastly on the subject of helping folks out, I help out folk without expecting anything in return, at the end of the day I'm helping out a fellow fan. I'm more likely to help out a UKer from this thread though, which I've done a few times I think.

I think the most I did was after I posted pics of the Deluxe Stealth Force Bumblebee, a USer wanted one to finish his own Stealh Force collection. I went and bought one just so I could weigh it, but when I told him what postage would be (plus the cost of the toy obviously) it went beyond his budget and he had to decline.

Didn't matter to me though, returning it to Smyths just gave me an excuse to visit and peruse the shelves again.

Windcharger... ha. I think I still one on sale for £10 or something. Bloody Scalper.

7. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The best windcharger moment, was when wilkos discounted them all down to half price. And i picked a couple for like £4 each.

8. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my FOC Brawl and Vortex and Prime Arms Microns Swerve from Kapow :) . But no Kup :( . Maybe tomorrow. Anyway, thanks Andy :thumb 

9. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bloody hell, Unicron looks like some Takara designer took a look at the final design and said: "Not bad work, but his hands need to be pinecones, and his altmode should look like the forest floor in autumn." Will not be buying that at all!

10. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree completely, the one Prime figure I'm glad I didn't pre-order

11. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I wanted Unicron before I saw the images. I guess the money can be saved for MP Soundwave.

12. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Gaia Unicron, with all-new compost heap alt-mode!! Lol

13. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I think I can happily live without that Unicron and his Dungarees of Doom (TM) mode.

14. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime Kup arrived today after all. Postman forgot to deliver him so he quickly came back round in his van.

He looks really cool. First thing i noticed as soon as he was out the box was that he's in the Euro packaging. Definite confirmation that he, Rumble and the rest in wave 5 will be realeased at retail. God knows when though.

15. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Does anyone else see this when they look at Unicron?

[​IMG]

16. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unicron's alt mode is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Hiis face is there and everything. I can't decide if I want this monstrosity just for the sheer absurdity of the damn thing. He looks like he's covered in sweet wrappers.

17. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

I kinda see if the same way. On the one hand it challenges my idea of what a TF should look like, in either mode.

On the other hand, it's just odd enough that i kind of want one.

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
  19. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Y'know, I've an inkling he's supposed to be a giant headmaster. He's clearly got his big-daddy version face on his back in alt mode, and the whole thing does look suspiciously like a malformed helmet...

But why make a giant headmaster for a character that'll never get the body to put it on? Especially as he's voyager class.

20. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

Which Orbital?

Is there more than one Orbital in London? On Newport St and Moor St for instance? Do they have varying inventories (i.e. - one shop specializes more in comics; the other in toys and collectibles)? Just curious as I found something on-line which leads me to believe this. Thanks in advance.