The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

You should assume everything is going to be virtual for the next six months. Investments in travels and events have to be done ahead of time, and even if we get the greenlight in May or June, it will be too close to events in July or August.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carboreeta

Carboreeta Well-Known Member

It mostly depends on the financial arrangements/contracts the event organisers have. In most cases the earlier they cancel the less cost they incur, thats whay we have seen some things in August already go. I mean for one if I were Cullen at his age im not looking to be coming if theres any virus still around! So I suspect we get somethign soon or its goign to go to the wire.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Bonerise Soundbarrier for 6 usd on amazon com, I paid 28 GBP for four shipped.

that weapon was basically a Role Play toy by itself, probably more plastic weight than bonerise leggymus prime.
    A third party would cost you easily $100.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Not sure to be honest, a friend in the US just sent me an image from the cartoon and the silhouette from the Loot Crate ad....one figure would work for how I'd display it.

If you decide to sell yours let me know!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Carboreeta

N
    ope wont work already all gone :(  also feedback shows most got a smashdown not soundbarrier lol

• Like Like x 3
  6. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten about these, just ordered four, thanks so much!

Will do!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Carboreeta

Wont work for me you must have got all of them :( 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Siege Fan

:oops: 

Edit This is what happens when you order size 14s. Cheeky fu...

IMG_20200312_161357338~3.jpg

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  9. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Yeah, saw that. To be honest, I'm just sitting here waiting for the announcement that this campus is going to close. IT systems actually collapsed for a couple of hours today. That was pretty far out. Sorting out emails about which academics/students have international travel planned, or might already be abroad via your phone is a hell of a lot of fun.

Did you spill this Manta Ray's pint?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, the show's galloping Abrams-ic pacing and usual lack of follow-through on ideas is showing there BUT her intellectual curiosity and love of AI has at least previously been established in her Flashback.
    What's lacking is the execution on Oh's Mindmeld, as it seems to me the concept of it is supposed to be that it's a weaponised brainwash-'em-quick meld that was intended to put Oh's will into Agnes. I think from the moment she murdered Maddox or maybe even during it they should've gone with the Scorpius-in-Crichton's-head method and shown a visual manifestation of Oh urging and pushing her on, or some other more explicit demonstration that Oh had compromised Agnes will. Her semi-suicidal sabotaging of the tracking isotope could have then visualised the Oh avatar's dissolution/defeat, a self-induced NDE to reboot the brain after a brainwash mindmeld tickles my Trek nerd to no end. This seems to me the "True" Agnes reasserting herself but I'll admit it's not really explicitly given to us. (I really hope they don't do the ol' double heel turn on her now though.)
    Agnes has been one of the better characterisations throughout the show for me.
    Half of the idea has made it to screen. It's funny but Picard really does seem to have the stop/start-iness of DS9 when it started doing semi-arcs but never abandoned the for-syndication stand-alones. The great stuff is happening in sudden clumps between wheel-spinning that doesn't actually expand the narrative or go anywhere. It's like Prestige telly written for Network, which it sort-of is, I suppose.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Don't feed me after midnight.

Ebay:
    No. I fecking DRANK his pint.

Our company has been cancelling travelling and events left right and centre. Plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth involved. Never seen the place so crowded as the guys usually out with clients and the like are all in the office. Certainly making the queue for the bog longer.

Our HR manager told me they are planning to have everyone in our various offices work at home next thursday as a test to see how that goes. Honestly I can see us been told to work at home more permenantly before that.

One potential upside to all the chaos of this outbreak is that it would give the UK a good excuse to ask for an extension to it's EU-exit transition period so they actually have enough time to hammer out a trade deal.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

[​IMG] Was it you, @bcm77 , that mentioned how much the upcoming BAF Crimson Dynamo looks like the Madison Jeffries version of Box?

[​IMG]
    Having seen the individual parts in the package, the torso comes in two parts, so if you leave off or alter the big shoulder pauldrons it’s pretty much a dead ringer. I’ll be making a custom Box for sure!! :D 

• Like Like x 6
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Sidenote to say what I didn't explicitly explain properly myself: I really feel that the suicidal disposition was something imparted to Agnes, or at least exacerbated by Oh, and it's actually the trauma in Oh's subconscious of her experience of the Admonition that she herself keeps in check with Vulcan discipline that got uploaded into Agnes in the meld and have been eating her up inside, driven her to kill her lover and imparted suicidal ideation. Hence the brain reboot is helping her purge herself of that influence.

• Like Like x 4
  14. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Definitely not me 'cos I have no idea who Box is but agree that the Crimson Dynamo BAF looks like a good base for a custom!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Thanks to @Brooticus for sorting me out with Blowpipe, and likewise to people that found me good prices on Sixgun. The latter is the most fun I've had with a TF in years! Didn't bother with the instructions, just played around until this happened.... IMG_20200311_184032935.jpg

edit: Do wish I could find a decent gun for Prime though. The ones that came with him were kinda meh.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can I interest anyone in a Studio Series 44 DOTM Optimus Prime?

Angie brought it home for me as it was a shop return but it’s not something I have any interest in. Apparently it allegedly has a part missing but I can’t find anything wrong with it apart from a tiny stress mark on the housing for the trailer’s rear door hinge.

Transformed the trailer to make sure it’s alright and had no issues. Has two guns, the axe, shield and sword and the jet pack that folds into the trailer. Didn’t transform the robot as AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT, but gave it a thorough once-over and couldn’t see anything wrong.

Box is a little battered on top but otherwise all fine.

£30 + £4 postage or summat?

• Like Like x 5
  17. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    He he, sounds like a third party name for Erector :D 

• Like Like x 11
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    So I've ended up giving Ol' Max a run-through to robot to test a theory that I now realise I entirely re-invented a mistaken assumption I'd disproved already before and forgotten since...until now!
    DSC_0046.JPG

Yes, because I am OLD and the Memory....er, whassername...fails, I had forgotten that the centre of the sculpted hip cannon details are not, in fact, 5mm ports, and therefore not a viable place to peg in the cylinders off a couple of Zetars to sub as stubby hip cannon barrels. I remembered the bit where I thought they might be ports but that bit before where I previously looked and completely disabused myself of that notion...I promptly forgot!
    DSC_0047.JPG
    Worra berk!

I did do a bit of destructive pre-emptive modding though...
    DSC_0048.JPG
    And actually on purpose too! With a heavy heart I have prised off his "webshooter" cannon as I feel I might need a vacated space for some Rampbloke stowage shenanigans, and removed, well,...
    [​IMG]
    If there isn't the clearance for Rampbloke stowage I think that the "webshooter" might just be superceded with a bit of Diaclone form with functionality. It got glued on because it seemed like despite it's stronger sprung connection the right arm was also starting to need the sort of extra support the left one got with it's extra levelling-out wheel.

His neck entrance also struck me as a bit spartan, so after checking for potential head attachment rubbing I thought I'd repurpose some spares to give him a bit of a welcome mat and a more interesting porch!
    DSC_0049.JPG DSC_0050.JPG DSC_0051.JPG
    The "doormat" detail is a spare door/gate from his hospital leg, and as you can just about tell from the middle pic it's actually metallic blue (and the side detail stickers are mostly metallic grey detail bits for his legs) but as the left and right shots demonstrate the additional stickers seem to be dominated by the red doors reflection, which to be honest I dig as a pure unintended accident that makes them appear different to their correctly-placed doubles, SCORE!

• Like Like x 17
  19. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 4
  20. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bought a bundle on Facebook just to get a hold of this guy. Always wanted him and he goes for a crazy price. The cockpit of the helicopter is missing but I can live with that.

DSC_0887.JPG DSC_0885.JPG

But now the rest of the bundle that I don't want is on eBay, random mix of items so please have a look

ryahegart9 on eBay

• Like Like x 7