The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They do look pretty handsome. No argument there. As to the lack of 'Cons, you've got to wonder what ER wave one would have looked like if Siege hadn't been extended. I imagine Apeface and Spinister would have been part of it and maybe Grapple and Hoist would have appeared later. Definitely would have made it a more balanced wave.

You know, it occured to em that I've not even had the time to play with Astrotrain properly. I transformed him to shuttle mode, attached his launcher to Omega via Soundbarrier and haven't touched him since. I need to fix that.

That is fucking adorable! Please excuse my potty mouth around the kids. Scottish.

They're goofy as hell, but I love these freaks. I may even love them more than the Terrorcons. Can't wait for the last two to arrive.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    This morning I have confirmed that using GW Citadel Paints does not work as well as I'd like for customising a Pinpointer. Don't know if it's the paints or the plastic used for the limbs, but it just rubs off way too easily, even while I'm trying to brush on a varnish to seal it.

The torso, however, is taking the paint just fine.

In other (not) news, Earthrise Prime continues to be awesome, but my word is he tiny next to Studio Series Grimlock (the only other Leader class toy I own).

• Like Like x 3
  3. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I tried gamesworkshop on my Rodimus custom, and yeah, the orange flakes off too easy with any kind of handling. I use Tamiya Acrylics, that goes on nice and stays on, though sometimes needs two or three coats.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    No worries my good man, she's unfortunately well used to my horrible language. Ususally 'Jesus you've shite everywhere ya wee bastard!' :p 

• Like Like x 7
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Hopefully my new Astrotrain arriving today doesn't have any QC issues. If he doesn't I'm getting another one for shuttle mode. Don't think I'm bothering with the train.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You need to undercoat with citadel paints in order to get the paint to stick effectively

• Like Like x 3
  7. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, that's the problem I'm having with the limbs.

I'm definitely sensing that. Might be about to hit a Catch-22 here; can only get the paints to stick with an undercoat; only undercoat I have at the moment is a citadel non-spray paint.

The upsides are that stripping the paint from the limbs and gun section won't be difficult, and I now know where I want to add a few extra details to.

• Like Like x 3
  8. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You awful shit hound.

I'm sorry, Brian. I have no idea where that came from.If you feel compelled to reply in kind, I would not blame you. Suggestions would include 'fetid nutsac', 'shit encrusted hemorrhoid', and 'jizz rag'.

Fingers crossed!

Fuck a duck, just seen ID saying that they're getting Wheeljack and Cliffjumper next week, but not Hoist and Ironworks. So now Hasbro are splitting up size classes? Remember those giddy days when you could pay for an entire wave, get free p&p because of the size of the order, and actually get all your toys at the same time...you know, the time when the first toy is released. Soon we'll either be purchasing every item as a single and paying multiple P&P or waiting months for an order to complete. It's pretty off putting.

Deep breath.

These guys are nice. At least paying extra for these feels like a deliberate choice, rather than a consequence of crap organisation.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  9. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes! New Studio Series Deluxes arriving Friday at Indemand

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    You don't need to use gws product. I used to use bog standard Halfords car plastic primer and it worked fine.

• Like Like x 2
  11. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Allow me to rephrase that; I have some spray primer, but no indoor space to use it and the weather isn't great for using it outdoors. It's more a question of time and opportunity than resources. But thanks for the tip, I've never used car primer before.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Fair enough, yeah it doesn't work well in cold weather.
    I found after some trial and error that the best results come from doing it indoors albeit in a very well ventilated area of course and also sitting down while doing it gives you much cleaner results.
    If you have the money to burn you might want to look at getting a spray booth to aid the ventilation. Otherwise I just used to use a very large cardboard box.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I think I have a problem.

Bloosh. Not even once.

IMG_20200311_125011258_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  14. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've just opened the forum up to this post. God knows, I must've been pocket posting! :lolol 

• Like Like x 7
  15. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    So... uh... elephant in the room time.

Coronavirus has cancelled a bunch of events around the world already. What do we think the chances are for TFN to be affected? If any sort of event was a risk for spreading bugs it's a nerd convention like TFN.

It's just so clunky and awkward to play now. It's definitely a product of it's time. 3D for 3D's sake, all low-poly and jagged. Movement feels like you're driving a greased up RC car or something. And the story - okay, it's been a while - but I do seem to recall that the entire plot was near-identical to Knights of the Old Republic. Virtuous lady knight that turns evil and needs to be 'saved', ancient precursor race returning, yawn.

I need to fix my PC soon. I want to give Icewind Dale 2 a try, and there's no enhanced edition to do on the iPad or MacBook.

Yeah girl, you yeet that thing!

• Like Like x 6
  16. Siege Fan

Just contacted An Post in the Irish Republic. I've dealt with some useless companies in my time (UPS, Zavvi and Yodel among them), but AP really are like something from Father Ted.

The local sorting offices don't take calls from the public. The 'contact us' section is like a message in a bottle, and their Dublin call centre claimed my parcel had been delivered somewhere in Kildare but they didn't know where. I live in Belfast with a unique-enough sounding address and there's nothing like it in the Irish Republic. Jesus Christ they only got post codes in 2015! Many places still don't have address numbers FFS.

I wouldn't normally be that fussed but it's Siege-completing exclusives from America (Ratchet and Soundblaster), GameStop and Walmart exclusives from months ago and stuff that won't hit (dear fucking love us) Smyths for months... I'm beyond angry at the fucking twats.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Ditto :D 

Uh-oh. I was hoping it would be good and do well as I’m itching to see an X-0 Manowar flick.

• Like Like x 2
  18. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

If you do get a visit from some ferrets it's easy to pay them off with a bit of raw steak or some salmon oil and you can hear them coming as they make rather loud sniffing sounds! :D 

All that "true fan" malarkey can take a long jump off a short pier, it's nonsense.

The list of what I've been told I'm not a true fan of is at this point fairly big and is largely why I only post here as all that occurs is some light hearted enablement :) 

• Like Like x 6
  19. Carboreeta

Carboreeta Well-Known Member

TFN is August, the hope is this responds similarly to its cousins the flu and cold and doesnt survive into the summer months, I would think its unlikely to be impacted but this is a brave new world so nothign off the table. But the real question is how long the event organisers can safely leave it until they make the decision. If it is cancelled nearer the actual event then we have all got much bigger issues on our hands!

• Like Like x 6
  20. Siege Fan

You never know, Venom was slated and did gangbusters. Plus they accidentally made a fun movie in the second half IMO.

Just spotted these two on Astrotrain's inner packaging flaps (sniggers). Do we know who they are?
    IMG_20200311_131705414.jpg
    Also, so glad I bought 'new' from eBay to have it turn up with no protection whatsoever.

IMG_20200311_131047779_HDR.jpg

Anyone here interested in NECA TMNT Loot crate? Now shipping to the UK, let me know if you want more details
    NECA on Twitter

• Like Like x 5