The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    IMHO it's an acceptable trade off to get more solid, more articulated, better designed and engineered Transformers. As much as I dig the CW fellas still, even with his Takara retooling, t'other fella there's transformation is the definition of basic (granted not always a bad thing) and he has a fair amount of open space within him to get to that embigger state.
    I'll admit I was very critical of Nu Choo-Choo myself at first but the poor lad was a bit of a superstitious scapegoat for some cosmic disappointment I was processing at the time, now I look at him not through as tinted-pitch-black lenses and with a handle on those transformations it's a look of sheer admiration.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

A few cool alt modes for Ironworks - something I've been thinking about since I want maximum bang for buck from the ones I've ordered. Thinking crane platform with comms tower attached, maybe slightly weaponised, and then if need be Soundbarrier linking it all to Omega Supreme on his left side, with Prime's Trailer/Aragon parts on the right, Hoist in vehicle mode at the front.

EDIT - The more I look at our three WFC Primes, ER is now last in the ranking :oops: 

The indistinct eyes, the short gun (with the stupid grey peg) that looks even shorter because of where his shoulders are placed, even the shield part of the trailer nobody wants that gives me another dumb peg when it's all opened out... While the only thing that truly annoys me about Siege is the forearms so he's first as a 'close to perfect G1 Prime', and Galaxy is a badass whatever you do with him so he's second.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Nova Prime wishes everyone a good night and a speedy recovery for you @Rotorstorm IMG_20200309_200348.jpg IMG_20200309_200337.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  4. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Poor Nautilator.
    "Okay, you be Megatron, I'll be Prime"
    From More Than Meets the Eye#12 'Before and After'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  5. AutobotStrider

AutobotStrider Well-Known Member

Yeah I was thinking that and I was thinking it was surprising they'd want to re-do him so quickly.

It might be sacrilege but I'd like Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime in part 3. It's difficult to see how they could nail Optimus more than they already have.

• Like Like x 3
  6. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I think the plan is to now do everyone again more faithfully, I think Warden himself might have said that at one point in time. It doesn’t surprise me but I’m looking forward to seeing what we get.

Spot on, I think that with the Galavatron tease on ER Primes box we might see Hot Rod in the leader class slot with his trailer which could become his armour. Similar to Powermaster Optimus. You’d get both a Rodimus and a Hot Rod. I know that’s how they did it in POTP but I think it could be done better.

ER Prime has grown on me tremendously, I'm glad I didn’t skip. He’s a mini masterpiece for sure. I gave him the axe and rifle as secondary weapons and Siege Optimus is back in his box.

I think the weird torso proportion is due to the design of the hip skirts (loving it btw) and how they make the legs look way longer. If you squint and picture them as a whole you can see the line where they end and it’s actually pretty good.

I’m still tempted to swap the head over with the Galaxy Optimus to get yellow eyes though. The blue is nice but looks pretty dead most of the time.

I can’t wait to see what Toyhax do for him.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  7. AutobotStrider

Warden has talked about re-doing Metroplex, I think if he's for re-doing then anyone is possible. I would like new better Sharkticons for sure and we've already gotten much of the 86 cast now so it's really Hot Rod, Rodimus Prime, Kup and Blurr missing to complete the main Autobots.

I'd love to see leader class Dinobots, if a weird character like sky lynx gets a brand new figure then I want the iconic team of Dinobots.

With Galvatron's image on the box I assume this trilogy will round out with Rodimus Prime, I think they could re-use/remould Optimus' trailer for Rodimus Prime. I really want a new updated, articulated G1 Hot Rod though!

• Like Like x 3
  8. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Yeah I remember that, I’d love to get a new Metroplex since I missed the boat on the Generations versions and no way am I paying £600 plus for him. I wonder if he will be the Titan for WFC 3??? I’d like to see another Decepticon Titan though, Tidalwave comes to mind.

TR Hot Rod, Kup and Blurr aren’t bad really they fit the Siege aesthetic pretty well. I would like new versions all the same though.

Dinobots would be nice, Grimlock definitely needs another go. I don’t think the Dinobots should all be leader class though. Maybe Sludge but the other 3 should be tall voyagers.

• Like Like x 4
  9. AutobotStrider

Yeah I got a Takara Metroplex not long ago for a good price and I'm shifting my Hasbro Metroplex for 100.

I think if Metroplex was done then Tidal Wave could potentially come as a repaint/remould given he had no G1 representation but this line don't seem to be afraid to make newer characters into G1 versions like Barricade for example.

I hate the headmaster gimmick for them and would absolutely find new WFC versions necessary tbh.

With the Dinobots to be in scale I think we need them all as leaders. Hasbro seem to have not too many issues with doing Grimlock but the rest they seem unsure. I really would love them to come and be in scale. Perhaps because the Transformers haven't technically hit Earth yet in the trilogy it might explain why there's been no mention of the dinos, which would make sense to distance further from POTP.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Just FYI for any fishers of bots, it appears that TFSafari now have all the current-single-release Seacons in-stock!
    (@nice sideburns They also appear to be gradually expanding the FEITE gears listings, Andy, despite the now May delay so there's no rush but they have the control console and chairs and a...Diaclone cockpit adaptor for the TR Hardhead/Quake bodytype? Well, at least it's new and different?)

• Like Like x 6
  11. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Fourthed. The last time I saw Transformers in a Tesco was Last Knight One Steps last year. I knabbed a Barricade for my Barricade collection, and then I never saw anything again. I haven't seen anything more sophisticated for many years.

My local Asda was better until the end of PotP, and they were left with the last vestiges of Last Knight (mainly Hot Rod), then nothing.

My locals Smyths is getting worse, Studio Series disappeared from the shelves at the end of last year, and Siege/Earthrise are dwindling compared with the younger oriented Transformers lines.

Bricks and mortar is a lost cause, at least in Milton Keynes.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice to see someone selling those Diaclone bits.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

So pricey. Don't think I'll ever be getting classics Seacons.

However.... that SS Shockwave blade.... that does interest me. Think I'll be getting one of those down the line. I'm fine with the cannon and hand as is, but the blade needs replacing.

• Like Like x 3
  14. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

They are good for what they are, but a 5 years old design is definitely showing its age. After Earthrise we need the third chapter to be:
    "War For Cybertron: All Combiners Everything"

• Like Like x 4
  15. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

After nine years, it's either that, or Grandus

• Like Like x 5
  16. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Get well soon

• Like Like x 7
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Hankering for some gear myself, the Orthia Sword/multi-weapon is close to tempting but not quite over the line to Must-have!

• Like Like x 4
  18. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

• Like Like x 5
  19. AutobotStrider

He's on record as saying he'd like to do Metroplex. Makes sense because it could be more G1 and fit the scale.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    What's so great about Sky Lynx?
    Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.37.31.png Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.34.55.png ESWzdCYWsAEyfY1.jpeg
    :lolol 

• Like Like x 28