The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Just ordered a vintage G1 piece that fully completes my G1 Euro collection! I'll share pictures when I get it.

That just leaves 6 US molds (Pretenders) and I'll have every US and Euro Transformer and 7 away from 100% G1 mold completion.

Then it will just leave me with a handful of Japanese repaints which honestly, I'll probably never get.

• Like Like x 18
  2. SeleneMachine

SeleneMachine Well-Known Member

Fair. Thanks!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Siege Apeface has jet mode landing gear
    642A8754-80D5-41AD-8EBA-B076ED2EFE10.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  4. rikkomba

rikkomba Retired Minicon Guru

Kapow kindly replied to my mostly diplomatic e-bitching by letting me keep SS-01 and sending SS-49 for free (thanks god).

It's ...baffling. SS-01 is the worst piece of shit I ever handled, and I don't even own a dog. SS-49 in comparison is like somebody realised that Armada Side Swipe had far superior design, engineering and materials than SS-01, and acted accordingly to fix everything. I mean, the hood on SS-49 has more articulation than most Legend class toys, that's an admission of guilt if they ever engineered one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a top ten Maz photo for me there!

"Is that a doughnut or a meringue?"
    "No, you're right, it is a doughnut"

I A) didn't know that and B) love this!

I really like the micromasters as an idea and quite a few as designs, but do also wish they'd been given just a few more points of articulation/not saddled with having to transform into guns etc.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That's too kind buddy, thank you!

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Honestly, if they'd forgone the weapon modes, and given them 3mm foot ports to let 'em pop on effect pegs for posing I think they'd have been much more appreciated. It's an extra especially galling swiff-&-miss on Countdown, who it seems a light breeze will knock him off my preferred posing place, a Jiminy Cricket perch on Omega's shoulder, when instead of a dorky, rubbish techno-lump intermediate mode he could have been able to "astronaut magnetic boots" pose around various parts of Omega in all modes (oh, and he shoulda had 3mm pegs on his forearm blasters to boot, sez I)!
    At least if you're gonna do enclosed heads don't pillar pin them making it virtually impossible to swivel them 180° for gun mode without some form of implement, which they actually did do on the Battle Patrol after subjecting Topshot & Red Heat to the aforementioned pillaring!
    They are great but also quite frustrating bit of the NuWFC toyline.

• Like Like x 6
  8. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Falcon & Winter Soldier = Live action Falcon doesn't do the bird telepathy thing as they made Redwing a drone, so I give zero shits about the character.

Bucky would only be intresting if a major plot for the series was him trying to find Rocket after waking up with a missing arm :D 

WandaVision = I like both characters but if the whole series is going to have the 50's US sitcom vibe the clips so far are giving off then it's a pass.

Loki = Tom Hiddleston in his own series?

Yeah, I'll have some of that.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I’m hoping Scorponok is out post show too, me and @nemisispringer have got a table confirmed selling off a lot of our stuff (don’t know about Ash but I’m really looking forward to parting with a lot of it, been collecting non stop for two decades so hopefully my stuff will shift)

@joetele you still selling that Siege Hound or has he gone? Stocking up on a few of that mould if I can to do a stall exclusive custom run

• Like Like x 7
  10. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

I've used tfsafari a couple of times. I would recommend them.

He reminds me of tr shuffler like that.

I think wandavision is going to have some parts as 50's sitcom, some as 70's sitcom and some as a 80/90's sitcom as it goes through their marriage, while throwing in present stuff that explains the screwyness and probably the threat of the series. Just don't know how much of it will be sitcom style and how much will be serious stuff.

Got ss bee and shockwave today. Wave is an absolute unit!
    IMG_20200203_201201.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, it looks like the shift thru Sitcom eras is gonna be underpinned by some Horror. Light Horror because Disney+ but Horror nonetheless, possibly some multiversal elements as the series apparently ties/leads into Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. As to the actual core threat? I mean, crikey, with all that we might get an MCU Master Pandemonium or Nightmare, maybe Mephisto even?

@MyTea Boc A Time Variance Authority prison jumpsuit does make me wonder if they are gonna be setting up for Kang the Conqueror and the FF there too!

• Like Like x 8
  12. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Sounds tempting Stormzy, what you two nutsacks hawking.....?

• Like Like x 2
  13. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Evening all

Hope all in the UK thread are well?

Been quiet on the robot front cos, a/ bit tight for robot funds at the moment, and b/ what funds I do have need to go towards diaclone goodness next month and paying for the family holiday but did treat myself to a light box and lights to help me enjoy the figures I do have some more.

I’ve watched a couple of YouTube tutorials and taken a couple of pics so far, to my untrained photographer/heathen eye, they look alright; I am just using my iPhone plus I have put an effect on them to enhance the colours, post pic but happy to take tips from the great and good on this forum on what to do/what works...

970E2DE3-C806-4DDA-9E5E-ADB0CC79F7CC.jpeg B739AA23-C54A-4AEC-8133-FAB3159F0D7B.jpeg

One question for @Maz; how do you get your wide shots showing a number of figures in alt mode to look so good and without any obvious evidence of the light box in the image? Presently, if I try taking a wide shot, I get the corners of the light box in the image, see my last pic to illustrate the point; do you get rid of these post pic in some sort of package? If so, what can I use to get similar results without breaking the bank?

130D7789-B989-4A1D-9885-9AE5E57AA8C3.jpeg

Thanks folks in advance for any pointers!

• Like Like x 13
  14. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did... did Kapow actually want you to send the figure back? Like they genuinely wanted SS-01, a figure that was made redundant by SS-27? Christ.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Super 7's new TMNT pre-orders are mint (they'd need to be for the price, I'm only ordering Shredder)

Ultimates Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles, and More!

I'm waiting on a Toyfair vid of this Venom (hopefully it's got better articulation than the BAF and I hope they do Kingpin, Apocalypse and Lizard)

Marvel Legends Variant Venom

ION, Tesco are doing the Spin Master Batman line I've been posting pics of, so hopefully I'll be able to get the Batmobile on clearance eventually! Also noted that they've gotten the new Lego in!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bit of everything on my behalf, think most eras are represented apart from my movie stuff that went a few years ago, Generations stuff, G1, Beast Wars II and Neo, Unicron trilogy, think the only era not properly represented is the 07 movie and ROTF because I sold off those bits a few years ago (regret that as it was a lot of early stuff and at the time I knew it was nowhere near what it was worth

customs I’ll be hoping to sell enough of these to make it worth my time. Done a lot of development on the head though not casting the backpack for him, will paint Hound’s weapons accordingly.

question is how many do I make, thinking a run of 10
    C75AF50D-1E36-4B73-88D7-4D9C8A10A50B.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 19
  17. Imperator

Imperator The last, best hope for humanity

Sounds good, I’ll definitely drop by and have a browse and say hi.

• Like Like x 4
  18. rikkomba

rikkomba Retired Minicon Guru

no, luckily. they wanted back Hot Rod. And they got it. Then they corrected their mistake by sending me the wrong BB. Which made me less than happy. Comparing ss01 and ss49 makes it look like 10 years or more have passed between the two designs

• Like Like x 2
  19. Risk

Risk God Of Gamblers

20. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

The only truly good ones are Soundwave's, Decepticon Aerial Patrol (?) and the Battle Squad Cons, but that hasn't stopped me buying all of them... Oh, and you'll be wanting the occasional Battlemaster to climb into rockets and what have you...

• Like Like x 3