The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Dropfire

Dropfire Well-Known Member

I love this thread...but damn does it move fast. I need to get an assistant to give me the daily bullet points.

You've so made me want to read time wars again....i used to loce those old transformer uk annuals, and special seasonal bumper comics....

Wonder if any of its been reprinted

• Like Like x 7
  2. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 
    F92DB8F6-4DC4-4E2F-A21D-862E60FC2615.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  3. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Thanks to whichever one of you enabling gits kept posting white mp10 pics, I've gone and finally added Delta Magnus to my command crew. I love the mp10 mould, and this little version has a strange appeal to it when i hold it.
    IMG_20200129_213832.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 12
  5. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Damn it, went to buy Spinister off of Smyths website (got paid yesterday, and @barry's review today tipped me over the edge) and he's bloody sold out! Just have to console myself with the Pocket toys Cone heads and MFT Hardhead I've got coming from China. Hopefully the Corona virus don't muck that up:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I could be tempted by a brown version for sure. Mrs Ottertron has Legends Doctor Doom, The Thing and She-Hulk put away in work for me so at least I'll be able to get the Super-Skrull without buying too many figures that I don't care about, for a change - She-Hulk will be going onto eBay minus the Super-Skrull arms as soon as I get her though. WHERE'S MY LAWYER SHULKIE AT EH?!?!?

• Like Like x 1
  7. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can't say that's a bad thing. I might pick one up if that's the case (so to speak). :D 

Same here. Went to impulse buy and WHAM - Out of stock.

That'll teach me.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    image.jpg

Really annoyed. The heel rotation peg on Thunder Manus has sheared off completely and I’m not able to fix it due to how it broke.

Does anyone know how I can do this? Loctite doesn’t want to bond and I’ve been leaving it for 30 minutes at a time.

I might just reorder Manus and pass on the Divine Suit parts (since I’ve already got Divine Shooter).

Would anyone be interested in a full non transforming set for a custom God Nemesis???

• Like Like x 1
  10. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I've only experienced it with MAFEX figures so far and also Hasbro's recent Beast mould and I agree it's a great design for a joint and not only for functionality, but it also looks nicer than the usual thigh cut that most Marvel Legends have.

@Ottertron,
    The brown costume should easy to do as the shoulder pads are removable so they'd just have swap the upper shoulder section so it didn't have the holes where the shoulder pads plug in.

I'm curious to see what variants they'll do...if they did the same basic colours but the black tiger stripes and did a set of bone claws and a First Appearance headsculpt amongst the extras then I'd move my Marvel Legends versions of those on and likewise if they did the X-Force costume. I'd also love to see another Logan sculpt of a similar quality to their first one as whilst it's got the slightly anime styling that's Medicom's forte it still works way better than the Hasbro ones.

I'm not getting the Super Skrull BAF unless there's a rerelease somewhere down the line but I'm possibly getting the two headsculpts as I've seen a decent custom Skrull grunt made using the Paladin body and I need one of those for the final part for Sasquatch but am not arsed about Paladin as a character so if I could make him into a Skrull it'd be a nice army builder to have my heroes beat up.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I wasn't fussed on these because the promo shots were shite and I detest applying stickers, but this video has sold me on them! Still waiting for clearance prices like...

• Like Like x 5
  12. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

G1 Classic Astrotrain WNS701-1.5NRC6100S401.5NN 1200.jpg
    TC 11 Astrotrain Middle WNS551-1.5NNC8100S301.5NN 1200.jpg

Astrotrain

• Like Like x 7
  13. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Try this.

Get some brass wire, get a drill bit that is the same size. Cut some of the wire. Drill a hold in one side of the break put some glue on the brass wire and wait to dry. Then use the piece with the wire to mark where the next hole should go in the other part. Drill the hole. Shorted wire to needed lenght, glue + hole. Wait to dry. Should hold it and if done properly allow the rotation.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

• Like Like x 9
  15. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s a good thing you posted, as I assumed mine was one the way, but after looking into it it was waiting for me to manually select ‘ship’!

I am very much crossing my fingers for a brown wolvie. Have cyclops on preorder too; I’m going to guess they do magneto next (which is Ben very happy about). Also hoping they add to their batmen with an animated version, or (more likely) a blue/oval dark knight returns bats.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    IMG_20200130_071712.jpg
    I know, I know, more Lego. I promise that normal service will be resumed tonight, provided my Seacon bros arrive.

Anyway, the Speed Champions line has had a design shift to accommodate two figures instead of just one, which is good. Of course, this kinda makes the rest of the line a bit obsolete, which is bad. This Ferrari looks good (though the camera is making it look pink) which is good, but the driver doesn't properly fit while wearing his regular hairpiece, which is bad.

• Like Like x 12
  17. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

@Imperator - outstanding set - it's amazing the difference 2 studs width makes to the model..

Robits?

errr - Up to London tomorrow (penny only dropped at the weekend it's Bre##t day, so that'll be interesting...) and step son has a strict itinerary of Hamleys (sigh), FP and the lego store - i've trained him well ;-D
    Combat megs may be purchased...

• Like Like x 4
  18. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

I may be interested in the Shulkie, was looking to pick her up at some point in the near future and I never do the BAF so that would work out perfectly, especially if its loose and is cheaper than retail

19. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ah, Time Wars! What a lovely mess of lovely messiness. I'm forever narked off that UK Classics seemed to fizzle out before it got to Time Wars. Very fucking annoying.

Guess what? These guys are cool!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  20. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info, I managed to scrape together the materials but for some reason I just can’t get the glue to fuse to the wire and plastic. That joint is ridiculously tight and even though my first attempt was at 8 this morning and after leaving it for half an hour or so to bond it was no good.

I’m going to write it off, and going to buy another and keep an eye on those parts in the future.

Message me if anyone is interested in the divine armour parts I have no need for them.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1