The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Thx to all for t the good wishes

• Like Like x 10
  2. Imperator

Imperator The last, best hope for humanity

Yeah, I'm not too worried about that card artwork. If Needlenose does show up in Earthrise it will be a more earth-style jet. Probably won't be the ER Seeker mould, so there's room for him to be deluxe. At least, I hope so, as I try to keep all my jetformers at deluxe size so they don't look daft in alt mode together.

Yeah, I'll not get TFCC Needlenose for that very reason. If there's a Fractyl this year though...

• Like Like x 4
  3. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Happy Birthday to both

• Like Like x 4
  4. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I did indeed, impatient whelp that I am.

Worth it though. Delightfully off the wall. Beautifully fucking ugly. Wonderful damn toy.

MYBOY3.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  5. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Movieverse  2 Optimus Prime WAS601-1.5NNC6100S251.5NN 1200.jpg
    Mask Kenner Rhino WAS501.5NRC8 1200.jpg

Optimus Primes and Rhino

• Like Like x 12
  6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    "Eeeeeey, it's-a me, Crawsshayers!"
    DSC_0046.JPG
    Welp, as usual Sapphire Blue has failed me, it's my most incompetent Henchdye, but Mr. Hobby to the rescue!
    DSC_0047.JPG DSC_0048.JPG
    The full Ratchet Crosshairs kit is black and I don't dig that for his blue bits but it's way easier to paint a bright colour over a lighter surface so even accidentally gone lilac blue is easier to go over than a night black.

Racing Red though? You *Huff* are my number one *Wheeze* Guy!!!
    DSC_0049.JPG
    The thighs have it, not as close a red as Sh!tcam would have you believe but still waaay better than black in red!

"Now youse make the resta my buddies, Hasbro! Or ELSE!"
    DSC_0050.JPG
    (I know Crosshairs should sound like Clint Eastwood/Ronald Reagan but that first pose just screamed Brooklyn Italian American to me for some reason! :p )

• Like Like x 10
  8. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course, even if the Battlechargers aren't retools of Cliffjumper they may still come in at this new "leguxe" class (legend-ish size deluxe). I would prefer them at Sideswipe's height, but I do suspect we're getting tiddlers now Cliffy has opened that particular floodgate. And Runabout will probably be an even pricier Selects tiddler.

Still, I'll probably swallow my complaints and buy weenie Battlechargers rather than try to track down the TFCC retools of Generations Wheeljack, because I really don't like that mould :) 

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

THIS. I wish MMC/OM would give us a wee render of theirs, just to be going on with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Reading between the lines, you are telling me she had a fully kitted out murder room ;) 

Such a typical thing, like the 'good china' that never gets used because everyones family are waiting for the fecking royal family to come visit before they break it out.

Again sir your photography skills are ramping up my impatience. Beautiful ugly bastard he is.

As @CZ Hazard rightly noted, a repaint I could get behind. Also the first Transformer my wife ever bought me.

Lovely work dude!

In other news, Kapow's facebook is claiming they'll have ER Screamer in stock next month. The anticpation is building!

screaming.png

I wonder if it'll be like W3 of Siege where the voyagers landed at different times?

• Like Like x 11
  11. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    No Comment

Hubba hubba!

Hand on heart, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a new mold. I reckon we've probabaly seen the last use of the Siege Tetrajet.plus they'll want something that looks right alongside Spinister.

I reckon they'll likely be around Refractor size. That's based on nothing.

Lads who are likely to get replaced in 2020 #7
    Replaced but not sold. I'm far too fond of this guy's IDW stylings. He's a figure dear to my heart. I'll somehow just have to reconcile doubling up like I did with Springer, Ultra Magnus, Hound, and Blackshadow.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I too don't think I could get rid of this lad. He's just too pretty. It actually would be an ideal time for someone like Renderforms to create a flatline style head for this figure.

Cutthroat has a wonderfully pleasing headscuplt doesn't he?
    IMG_20200115_145514.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  13. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Ah, 07 leader Optimus prime. Often overlooked now because he has been so thoroughly trumped time and again in terms of screen accuracy, but I still love him. He's like a Unicron trilogy toy in bayverse cosplay.

I still remember seeing the grey prototype pics of him, thinking he looked like the greatest action figure I'd ever seen.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I'll take that trade to tiddler if that means they get the same amount of extra gear Cliffjumper has, especially if it includess Cybertronian Spraycans and ankle jump rockets that combine with their blasters to make ridiculous larger weapons!
    Cheers, Bri, but as is common with some of my latter modding I am left hankering for more - more figures they ain't done yet, that is! Now git along you black filler parts!
    I'm torn between taking the punt now, or waiting for Grapple to bundle, or seeing if he lands Smythswards for a cheeky commando run to a local.

• Like Like x 4
  15. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Usually Wave 1 figures do end up in the bricks & motar retailers, so might be worth the wait? Being the impatient imp I am though mines been on pre-order with Kapow for a while now! But bundled with Grapple.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Julie Strain? As in big, bountiful bazongas Julie Strain??? What a shame... she was an ‘icon’ of my teenage years shall we say!

I’m sitting in the sun re-evaluating the collecting hobby. I’ve spent a few quid on new bots for the man cave (mostly 3p) but official stuff is leaving me cold. Blatant QC issues on V3 OP, V2 Bee and now Hound make me glad I haven’t purchased or just balked at price.

When I think of the inflated costs involved to buy these things versus what I’m doing right at this moment, it gives a bit of perspective. £300 on new OP? No ta I’d rather spend that on a nice holiday.

Time to reign it in.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The very same, very sad situation for a leading Scream Queen.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Ordered the NECA Flasher Gremlin from BBTS lol

ION, I want an option to buy Soundbarrier without Smashdown. I've already got two Smashdowns!

EDIT - Just read the Skywalker leak... wow, that sounds like a much better movie than what we got! No wonder the guy walked!

• Like Like x 1
  19. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I've discovered the real reason a couple of royals are moving to Canada...……...Marvel Legends Squirrel Girl is already hitting shelves there! :D 

• Like Like x 7
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I really think the House of Mouse should've pulled a mulligan on the production after dropping Trevorrow (which doesn't seem like a bad move after Book Of Henry) and Carrie Fisher's demise, which would have been a great excuse for a "respectful pause" on the franchise, and really let the production breath for a proper and full retooling under the circumstances, as is it's little wonder that they've ended up with a hodge podge of about five different films with a gajillion set pieces that just don't cover the plot holes.
    Ironically it seems Star Wars has become somewhat like the republic serial SF films that inspired it but for being bloated-budget top heavy too-big-to-fail, instead of being so haphazard due to a shoestring budget and quick turnaround.

What do I know, though? I'm just an idiot who's punted on some unboxed KO Diaclone gear from Hzj just to get the DA-13's therein to cannibalise for better Fort Max flight deck turrets! D'OH! :p 

• Like Like x 7