The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

There's finally a Marvel Legends Squirrel Girl review on YouTube and I had to skip much of it to get to the info I was itching for ie how the tail affects the figure's balance.

The bad news is that the tail has no posability whatsoever so can't even be rotated so that it's facing downwards which is LAME.

Fortunately it's not overly weighty and SG can stand OK without having to be leaned against something else, at least in a basic pose, the review wasn't very good tbh and like many YouTubers I think the guy was more concerned with being first than showing what the figure is really capable of in terms of poses.

Looking at how easy it would be to remove I'm hoping the customising community steps up and either does a better plastic tail or a furry one with a wire in it.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    Gotta love Facebook Marketplace. This is the Botcon Ultra Magnus and Exclusive Tanker set, that I paid £200 for a matter of months ago. Also, the given price was listed in the description. :lol 

Screenshot_20200125_153149.jpg

In other news, I got the pleasure of seeing Caravan Palace live last night. Utterly incredible performers, I was blown away. Was a surreal experience to see that kind of sound produced by real people.

IMG_20200124_223309.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It also makes me wonder if perhaps Black Zarak might be the first Select Series Titan? I suppose it depends on if/how well Scorpy shifts units.
    Would Hasbro take the punt on that recolour in the mainline? Takara would probably take the punt, so that's why I suspect Select, which seems to be taking the form of Takara's former LG releases but with Hasbro getting the final nod on production.
    I've got my fingers crossed for a bit of cross-pollination with the Energon design to give Scorpy his own kinda "Nemesis"/spaceship mode to better mirror Max.
    In fact adding a bit of construction vehicle motif to scorpion mode might be a fun to hint at a character twist, like he started out pre-War as a rival architect to Max but a pretentious and unscrupulous one not averse to cutting corners and exploiting his workers for personal gain whose hatred of the big ol' pacifist is rooted in professional jealousy because Max is just straight up the better architect with pure natural talent for function and aesthetics Scorps just couldn't match with a team of underlings assisting him!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Especially for you, I have built some Robin Hood up. First time for 33 years.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  5. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Haloha, if anyone is after a MISB TakaraTomy Diaclone Battle Buffalo - the TTMall white repaint - give me a shout. I'll be selling mine as soon as I'm back in London a few weeks!

All the best
    Maz

6. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

AMAZING! I adored that set! A cave that opens up filled with treasure, it was a kid's dream... I used to love hiding the figures around it and placing the smaller tower set by it.

I love the level of thought that went into the sets back then - thanks for this!

• Like Like x 6
  7. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I like that backstory. Tf needs more builders and architects. I would be very surprised to see bz in selects. Even if scorp sells well, A titan, even with minimal remoulding for the head, is a big ask for selects. They would probably do it the same way they did grand, a kickstarter pledge type thing. Get enough buyers, the spear as a bonus maybe?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What a fucking weapon.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Oooh, yeah! Maybe a PULSE HASLAB Kickstarter that isn't quite as ostentatious as Unicron but limited edition with the proper remoulding and including his spear, a "Devil Z" orb thing accessory, and a "gold" recolour of Fasttrack bundled with him, maybe his Zone cape to boot?

• Like Like x 4
  10. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Occasionally you get some gems through such sales. I had a fairly rude fella inquire about an item a couple of years ago. Item was already on hold and I had said that--he pretty much responded with whatever, I know, just tell me if you'll sell it to me. Suffice to say I never did, and have avoided interactions with said fella.

On the other end, a guy bought a figure from me once, all went well, then kept messaging me with pictures of other figures, asking if it was a good price etc etc. What threw me off was that he once sent me a picture of the item I sold to him, at a lower price, asking if it's a good deal. A fair number of ignored messages through a few months, I think he got the hint.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    IMG_20200125_185736.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Okay, I have watched Picard and am fully ENGAGED, definitely an intriguing opening but
    Anyone else having viewed it thinking the Borg might be misdirecting the Good Captain, and they've stuck a Borg Cube at the end of the episode to distract you from linking the Synths/Data's legacy directly to them?

• Like Like x 5
  13. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's worth getting hold of. Think it's due a reissue, so you might be able to grab it soon from people who pre-ordered it then either got buyers remorse or their car broke!

It's a foot high if that helps...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    So. I recently learned of a new anime called "Interspecies Reviewers." Which is about a group of people in a fantasy world who go around reviewing brothels to see which species is the best lay.

It's a comedy anime and not a hentai (apparently).

However this is an image from the opening titles.

[​IMG]

*INSANITY LEVEL 100%*

Also PINGU NO!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Ah! I was stuck trying to think of something other than the spear as incentives. Those are some good options. Gold fasttrack may be a bit much, unless they put him as the top level incentive, but if so, selects would be perfect for him. And yes pulse haslab! I completely forgot that was a thing. Bz would be perfect for the next one.

no but i am now. I was originally thinking daysh knew picard through the borg link, but i like your idea. Not sure how keen i am of data having daysh planned out from 2369 as i believe that would place it in the same year he ha Lal. And while i appreciate the continuity, and him painting a daughter picture at that time makes perfect sense, daysh is too advanced to have been conceived at that time. Now if she was done while he was on the E, that would make more sense. Although seems it wasn't data who made her anyway, so what am i talking about? I know the name Bruce Maddox from somewhere, but can't place him. Honestly, i find myself much more interested in the daysh storyline than the romulan/synthetic rights/mars attacks storyline. And why is the federation people against helping romulans? Do they not know history? 100 years ago, the exact same situation was going on with the klingons, and they became allies because of it. Do they not know history? So glad picard actually called her out on that. And what about holograms? Where are their rights now synthetic lifeforms are banned? Are holograms considered different to androids? And how does this ban affect the case of android rights as established in the episode measur of a man? Ah! That's where bruce maddox is from! He's from that episode! Damn, wonder if he'll turn up in picard? And finally, nice to see B4. But where the smeg is Lore's body??? Data does look a bit off to me though. Not sure if its the cgi to deage him or the colour of his skin, but something isnt right. Overall, its got me interested to see where it goes. I hope it explores these themes instead of turning into a discovery shoot fest.

• Like Like x 4
  16. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I would expect he might be hollow and lack in accessories. But I'd also be down for energon nods.

Folks gotta lay off the glue sniffing!

• Like Like x 4
  17. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Happy Burns night to our Scottish compatriots!

And happy Chinese New year to the rest of ya!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I still can't believe we've gotten Dinocassettes as part of the reissues - and on vintage Hasbro-style cards with extra Frenzy for added novelty. It's a shame about the toy/packaging QC issues, to the point where I'm reluctant to open them, but they certainly look amazing.

WalmartReissues02.jpg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 9
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Eh, I think bunging a Deluxe in to justify the price tag would be an inexpensive (production-wise) incentive that would still come in waaaay cheaper that the Chaos Bringer!
    Yes, THAT Bruce Maddox!
    Alas no matter how clever the de-aging make-up and/or digital effects are there isn't the time or budget on even Prestige telly to remodel Ol' Bent as lithe as he was in his relative youth!
    b248640e1f9f7d9a1f790e36a1533cd4.jpg Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 20.57.23.png
    The computers dinnae have the powur tae tuck in them jowls, Captain!
    They'd have had to do it Gemini Man-style with a full CG Young Brent Data - and then they wouldn't have been able to pay Sir Pat!

The whole access to Data's memories angle made me think, "Now who might have the technology and, canonically, the opportunity to have copied all of Data's memories?"
    [​IMG]
    "Oh. Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!"

Are these new Synths the next evolution of The Borg, using Picard's affection for Data as a lure?
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully with Chabon on board it'll be a bigger and more nuanced Big Idea than Kurtzman comes up with himself usually, and they have answers to the questions they've set up and aren't Abrams "Mystery Box"bullshitting their way along!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    STOP!

20200125_182826_20200125184936721.jpg

Have a Prime weekend.

• Like Like x 11