The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

As someone who missed the pre-orders on the Selects Seacons, I’m hoping that one of our usual outlets offers the newly bundled 6 in-a-oner.

They are still not looking cheap and far beyond the price of previous mall sets such as Defensor and Galvatronus. They are almost to the point of being poor value. o_O 

At the risk of being an utter cheapskate, anyone know if TFC Posiedon was subjected to the KO treatment? :oops: 

• Like Like x 7
  2. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :) 
    I too am surprised we haven't seen a Generations Deluxe Runabout & Runamuck yet after everything that's been already. Where's the easy redeco of our Battlechargers from the same mould already?
    Heck they've even gone as far as doing Punch/Counterpunch, not that he would suffice as RnR!

I've started on my own custom Battlechargers over the last week or so. Need to strip some paint apps and find some Deluxe sized ball jointed heads though. They may not be Trans-Am's but the Generations lines makes an allowance for that, so I'm all good with my decision of mould! ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Imperator

Imperator The last, best hope for humanity

Top of the Bots 2019 #7
    IMG_20191223_145242.jpg
    So anyway we were talking about Transformers: Prime? It is criminal that one of the absolute greatest carformers of the decade should be relegated to being a faceless mook character. I mean, it’s pretty rubbish in the first place to even have faceless mooks in a race of unique robots but I digress.

Prime’s Vehicon is a work of engineering genius, proving in one fell swoop that being a shellformer is not a problem so long as it’s done right. Most of the alt mode folds up and away into the legs, leaving behind a body with relatively little in the way of car parts other than a few chunks here and there.

This was another TFN purchase, and a really pleasant surprise. But then, that’s what TFN purchases are all about.
    Runamok is definitely coming in Earthrise, as he ended up somehow winning the last poll.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Here's hoping patience proves rewarding, the complete box set might not be cheap but the Sealads do come the fullest equipped of any combiner thus far, so is the full set any more expensive than buying 'em individually?
    I'm too lazy to do the research and maths myself! :p 

I have however also just completed an Ebay trawl accompanied by the Watchmen series soundtrack that really paid off.
    I had an inkling at the back of my mind that there was some half-remembered existent TF accessory/ies that would ideally finish off Slamdance but exactly what remained a vague notion just outside the tip of my brain.
    My meditative deep dive into TF & TF Parts listings bore fruit though, as I happened across Skyhopper's twin, er...well. there's two of 'em so...twin twin missile launchers(?).
    Each hollow on opposing sides, promising the perhapsitude of being mod-able with an additional 5mm side peg to tab nicely onto his upper arm ports in 'bot mode.
    Fings crossed I'll be able to find out for sure shortly into the New Year!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  5. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    o_O 
    Whhaaaaat? Really? Has he been announced somewhere? Must have missed that. Did someone also mention an Earthrise Inferno too which I haven't seen info on?
    I need to log in more!

Just popped the head off of Crosshairs to see how it looked on custom Runabout. Maybe just a touch too large and has a visor instead of eyes/nose but checks the faceplate box!
    Can anyone recommend a pair of black and white heads at Deluxe size which may work? Perhaps a Shapeways head like @Rotorstorm suggested for Rack 'n' Ruin? ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Seems like the “new” set comes in a just shy of $260 USD, about $20 USD over the separates. Those are the figures being bandied about in the main thread...

Like I said, hefty in comparison to what has gone before and borderline poor value; no matter how “exclusive” they purport to be.

I dread to think what shipping and VAT would do to that...!!:eek: 

• Like Like x 5
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I'd guess a lot of people owned them back in the day too - even I had Goldbug.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just 7 releases to grab for the year (stretching that till January).
    Siege Smokescreen
    Siege Bluestreak
    Siege Spinister
    Siege Apeface
    Siege Spy Patrol Unit 2
    Siege Singe/Shrute
    And Ratchet ( most likely the hardest to get).

• Like Like x 3
  9. Siege Fan

If you don't have someone in the States who can pick them up, I'd suggest getting a hold of them through Comics and Cocktails for Spinister and Apeface... BBTS for Smokescreen, Bluestreak, and Spy Patrol... And you'd probably have to pay well over the odds for Singe and Ratchet at ID or Amazon US, currently.

But the point is buying/ordering them now, I guess, cos it's a total shitshow if you haven't previously done pre-orders and it only gets worse as the months drag on. You need to be on items in the first week otherwise, it's ridiculous now!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Q Prime

News Credits:
    Spinister and Apeface are supposed to be coming to ID in January so that’s ticked off. I’ll get wave 4 targetmasters from them as well. Found a decently priced eBay listing for Smokey. Bluestreak also ID. Spy patrol with Battle Squad from Kapow. Ratchet will still elude me unless ID restock.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Me? Rifling thru my Constructbots bits for 5mm peg options? At this hour? With my reputation?

• Like Like x 7
  12. Q Prime

News Credits:
    Anyone wanting to get rid of their amazon exclusive battlemasters please contact me in the near future plese.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Seacon boxset? What? This interests me.
    What? How much? Screw that, i could get the tfc ones for not much more. And those are bigger and not cw remoulds.

I mentioned this in the rant thread. It really kills the momentum and passion for collecting. Hopefully ss 07 bee, megs and shockwave will hang around as those are the three I'm after come the new year. If hasbro uk ever decide to ship them to us.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Siege Fan

The big issue is Hasbro not maintaining both stock and distribution - I mean FFS what are they doing?

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I haven't worked since September and can't get any benefits. We've been living on just Mrs Ottertron's income and a bank loan, so very little spare money unless I sell anything.

I finally saw the Star War today though. It needed a rewrite to tighten some bits up and remove some pointless stuff - Knights Of Ren, the maguffin and Poe's beard mainly - but otherwise it was pretty good.

16. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    cs-devs.jpg

Dayum, this guy is impressive. I have the Generation Toy Gravity Builder team for a long time here, but just enjoyed them as individuals. Yesterday my gf demanded I combined them..... Super solid as a combined form, and the details really pop in this mode. GenToy are rapidly becoming a favourite 3P of mine.

• Like Like x 10
  17. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    I’m off to Scotland until The Iron Man of 2020 is feasible. Happy New Year, you big bucket of slag bags!

• Like Like x 11
  18. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    I have seen star wars. I thought it was not bad and it was really my episode 7 with things moved about etc.

have you had the original recipe 1901 Irn bru?

• Like Like x 4
  19. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Not yet. Reckon I’ll have that with a pineapple tart. Oh, sweet diabetic heaven!

• Like Like x 6
  20. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    it is pretty awesome. Irn bru makes me ill, but I had a wee taste.

tastes like normal according to my Irn bru addicted sister.

• Like Like x 5