The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Collectotron

Collectotron Dreadwind aficionado

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

God damn you.

Also, partsforming Cliffy? Shaaaaaaame.

3. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

@Imperator: congratulations on the job front!

Anyone heard from @tikgnat? Dropped him a pm at the weekend but not heard anything back. Hope all is well.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    I wholeheartedly agree, been having a lot of fun with apeface

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 14
  5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Some IDW goodies.

Tricky to do this one as theres a lot of CHUG figures that could fit, but I've kept it 3rd party for all but the very Roche Springer who needs to be on this shelf I feel. I say its IDW but let's be honest its LSOTW and MTMTE for the most part.

What's missing? No Prime! But honestly I feel Whirl, Cyclonus, Ratchet, Rung, Chromedome and Rewind are the most conspicuously absent characters. Look forward to finishing the DJD.

20191211_000108.jpg 20191211_000119.jpg 20191211_000138.jpg 20191211_000132.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  6. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Shining Force III was released on the Sega Saturn 22 years ago on this day.

[​IMG]

And The GG Shinobi 2 (or Shinobi 2: The Silent Fury) blessed the Game Gear and our ears 27 years ago today.

And yes yes yes Apeface is good, and yes yes yes happy to see traintrain get real love.

• Like Like x 6
  7. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

I sent him a pm on Twitter the other day & he replied a few hours later. He may have just forgotten to reply to you if he has a hectic schedule.

• Like Like x 3
  8. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    He’s a lot of fun to mess with. The robot mode is stunning. It has such a great shape and proportions.

• Like Like x 6
  9. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    I know, right?

But chin up! Seeing as they're now doing mini-bots in 'Earthrise' I think we're due a new Huffer. And a new Huffer begets a new Pipes. Probably. And looking at all the extra nick-knacks, high class deco, and loving attention to detail that's gone in Cliffjumper, I think this hypothetical new Huffer/Pipes will be mighty fine!

Speaking of Cliffjumper
    Oh, Cliffjumper. This might be interesting. I'll give that a watch.

Right! I mean, it's not great, but it's not awful. I see your post and I have hope that, like you and I, the rest of the boards responses will be equally reasoned and proportionate.

Ok. Just clicked a few threads outside here. Can confirm that hope was in vain. Talk about embarrassing. The spectrum of blowhard opinions has been amazing, from the 'for' side with thier "You don't like it, don't buy it, and shut the fuck up pussy!" responses, to the 'against' side who either feel hideously exploited by this being a deluxe, or feel that the sky is falling due to the bit of partsforming, not to mention the smattering of 'Beast Wars invented integrated weapons. Show some fucking respect', and the guy who responded to the reasonable observation that 3P engineering could point the way to more elegant solutions by exclaiming that such a claim was "literally comparing apples to oranges" (which of course it isn't. Comparing apples to oranges would be literally comparing apples to oranges). It's hard not to imagine some of these people frothing and fizzing with excitement as the opportunity to prove the world right about their preconceptions of adult toy collectors. Thrilling!

Me? I kinda think his feet are too big. Cute car though!

In anticipation of 'Earthrise', and in the vain hope that Siege wave 5 might arrive with me before Xmas, I got out some of the old guys for a play.

Wheeljack remains an utterly barmy, but still quite enchanting example of Diaclone era TF's. I'd long since assumed he was one of the very early guys, up there with Sunstreaker and Ironhide/Ratchet, due to his 'primitive' look and distinctly un-anthropomorphic 'bot mode. Imagine my surprise when I realised that the molds that wound up as Skids, the Datsun bros, Hound, Mirage, and Sideswipe all came first!
    [​IMG]

I should add, I'm heartened to see Apeface getting such good reviews on here. I really want him to be good, but the pictures haven't wowed me. This wouldn't be the first time a Siege figure has looked blah in pictures, only to stun me in hand.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  10. Large

News Credits:
    That makes me think, TR was all about the Deluxes (rest was good, very good, particulary the Legends, but the Deluuuuuuxes), POTP had me with the so much fun to play with Leaders, and now Siege, while having great Deluxes and all, is Voyagers pure love.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  11. barry

News Credits:
    You know, I actually think Siege is the best 'all rounder' out of them. I mean, obviously I'd prefer to still be getting Titan/Primemasters and Legends instead of Micromasters and Battlemasters, but if we park that comparison then I honestly think Siege is topping out. There's a smaller assortment of Leaders, admittedly, but they've all been killer. The Voyagers are way better than anything in the 'Prime Wars Trilogy', and I think the Siege deluxes are as good as the Titans Return deluxes, which I agree were the stars of the show. I'd admit that the last point is the most debatable, but I stand by it.

One of the things Titans Return had going for it was incredible buzz and innovation. A whole new price point! Base mode interactivity between Leader and Titan class! A whole mass of of super obscure characters getting serious justice done to them (like, I still marvel that we got the clones, the Jumpstarters, and a fucking Action Master)! Two fucking Titans! Siege is just kinda doing it's job exceptionally well, like it's the third album by a band that has figured out all it's shit and refined it's craft and is just giving you the classic songs you're going to be humming for years. TR was like that first mad album where they just flung every mad idea they'd wanted to do since the band started practicing all those years ago.

In this deeply flawed analogy PotP is, of course, the sophomore slump where there was too much record label interference.

"No, I don't care if it's phase SIXTY! We don't cede this world to the Decepticons without one hell of a kick and struggle."
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  12. Large

News Credits:
    Yeah that's about it. I may sliiiiightly prefer the TR Deluxes because the variety in colours was incredible, I mean I still remember making some shots that were pure rainbows, and yes the choice of characters, but at the end it's really up in the air.
    Overall it's purely personal, I mean with TR I had the luck of the experience over more than a year, to give time for every figure and the privilege of goofing around here or in the TR thread and that was really really great. That was pure fun every day.
    Siege, au contraire has been a rush for me, saddly life hasn't been the same, so the experience is quite different but it's another way of getting love with it. Rush is good too in a sense. And that get me back here. AND OMEGA.
    All in all ? Two formidable lines, can only hope for ER to be a fraction of this.

Spinister might be home tomorrow ! Mirage, enjoy today still being my fav Deluxe of the line.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Quick flogging of wares.

Movie Masterpiece Series

Megatron £110

Jazz £60

(Will do both for £160)

Iron Factory

Blue Flash (Blue Bluestreak) £35

Unique Toys

Buzzing (Blurr Mp-alike) £65

Planet X

Mars (WFC Ironhide) £70
    Veojovis (WFC Ratchet) £70

£135 for the pair.

@Imperator - great news on the job front!

• Like Like x 6
  14. barry

News Credits:
    The true winner in the Siege vs TR competition?

US, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

So, uh, yay us!

• Like Like x 8
  15. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ehobby Black and White WNS701-1.5NNC8100 1200.jpg

Black and White

• Like Like x 7
  16. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

it's really weird - Apeface is definitely better in the flesh - i've not seen a single photo that shows the white plastic in a good light - absolutely worth getting

Ref ER Cliffy - i'm really not bothered about the partsforming (unlike the flaming manchid tantrums on the news thread) - yes it's not the most elegant of solutions, but i suspect it's probably something to do with potential retools - can see the Battlechargers coming for this tooling quite easily - still really looking forward to him

• Like Like x 6
  17. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

Morning all

Unfortunately working on my birthday however I did get a huge surprise last night as my brother gifted me these bad boys.
    816BD653-B9D0-41F1-9005-206073D2C585.jpeg

MISB Takara Micron Desentsu Armada Megatron and Cyclonus.

I was absolutely stunned to receive such important childhood treasures once again,
    and you bet I ripped these out their boxes as soon as possible.

I feel bad for ruining the MISB aspect on 16 year old figures (wow!) but I’ve already had such fun rediscovering all the gizmos and gadgets these guys came with.

Nearly lost an eye thanks to the missile from Megatrons cannon however, I forgot that pulling the cannon back launches it. Bloody hell.

Have a good day guys!

• Like Like x 14
  18. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There are a lot of counterfeit G1s nowdays.

May I ask how much are they?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2019
  19. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    True dat!

Speaking of Rainbows......... IMG_20191211_111155.jpg

They really weren't giving a crap about colours clashing long before they got to G2.

As it's getting near Line (and year end!) I think it's safe to say I've found Siege to be as @barry put it, the Best All Rounder of all the Modern Lines since 2006, and this time the Voyagers have been crushing it, not just leaving it to the Deluxes to impress. And the Leaders haven't been a large(r) scale waste of time and plastic this go around either - mainly due to cheating and most of them being Voyagers with a bunch of add-ons (naughty!!) Which has made a change.

And when a Line has the balls to go after The Champ and make a "proper" G1 Springer.........and almost take the Crown away...........then Bravo Mon braves, bravo.

More of this sort of thing.

• Like Like x 15
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I had a bit of spare cash left after getting most of my Christmas presents for everyone and used it to order a Newage blue Bluestreak.

I've been very satisfied with the Barricade version of the mould and being a fan of Bluestreak want to give their blue and silver versions a go as they'll make nice companion pieces for my MP's as Newage appear to have done a great job with the metallic colours.

I'm also hoping Magic Square do some sort of Bluestreak variant as whilst I'm happy with the overall sculpt, the colour choices are a bit underwhelming but I'll still give it a go as I'll likely be getting their Prowl and Smokescreen as well.

• Like Like x 9