The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

• Like Like x 12
  2. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Those chompers!!!

I actually like Runamuck better than Runabout. A) I'm a sucker for a Trans Am. B) That orange really pops.
    [​IMG]r

• Like Like x 11
  3. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Having been introduced to those chompers on day one when he bit my face and didn't let go for several seconds I'm relieved that once he'd settled he turned out to be way more laid back in temperament than Rebecca because even if he nips he draws blood.

I don't let him climb on me the same as Rebecca but he still gets plenty of fuss, he loves having his tummy tickled and like many blokes at Christmas he spent a bit of time yesterday on his back with a bottle in his mouth :D 

Whilst I'm not entirely sold on Iron Factory's Battlechargers I'm potentially intrested in Newage or Magic Square versions if they make them as I'd like to have the proper Lotus and Trans Am alt modes.

• Like Like x 5
  4. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

if you look carefully, MPM Megs' chest looks like the head of a Sphynx cat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Active now and then

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    IMG_20191226_135337.jpg IMG_20191226_140652.jpg IMG_20191226_140819.jpg IMG_20191226_141112.jpg IMG_20191226_141833.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Do they ever need the fangs filed down or anything if they get too long? I wouldn't envy you being gnashed on by them...

• Like Like x 1
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Fortunately not,'cos that'd be a hell of a job!.....I have to clip their claws every so often and that's always intresting as sometimes they'll behave and other times not so much :D 

Oreo really doesn't bite much, just occasionally he'll have a quick nip, usually at one of my legs but I know his behaviour just prior to a nip taking place so I usually see it coming.

It's more difficult with Rebecca who's much faster and more agile but even she's mellowed a bit in the past year or so, very rare she actually draws blood now and it's more of a thing to make me jump than actually be painful and most of the time they're not doing it out of malice, it's just how ferrets play with each other and they have much thicker skin than humans....the first time I saw them playing was very scary as they literally grabbed each other by the throats but the worst battle damage either have ever sustained is a small mark that went away after a few days.

I totally get why it'd be offputting to some but they're otherwise so much fun that it's something I just learned to deal with, I don't know if it's a touch of masochism, stupidity or a combination of both :D 

• Like Like x 4
  8. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I love ferrets, wonderfully bright creatures. My girlfriend had a cat-snake called Jordan, smelly but adorable. mustelids in general in badass (honey Badgers...) And I've heard it said that if weasels were the size of lions we'd all be in a lot of trouble!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Holey Moley! The Quintessons appearing in Cyberverse (or at least the toyline) with a Starro-alike twist?
    EMucz_tX0AA-UNw.jpeg
    Found randomly in Target by Peaugh.
    I can dig it!
    (Yes, the octo-helmets come off, click thru to see in the full thread.)

• Like Like x 8
  10. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

The smell also took some adjusting to but I change their bedding regularly and they usually have a splash about with their big water bowl when they're out of the their cage and having a run round in the house so it's usually not too bad.

Whilst my ferrets have yet to show quite the same ability for mischief as a honey badger I saw on YouTube called Stoffle they have proven to be very resourceful, Rebecca has learned how to open zips which has meant my Mum can't leave her handbag lying around if the ferrets are out and both Oreo & Rebecca are very good at running off with random objects and adding it to their stash behind the TV cabinet.

And those that say animals are dumb have clearly never witnessed a ferret stealing biscuits either straight off a plate or by shoving the tin off the a chair so it falls and opens which always requires quick action as biscuits wouldn't do them any good. They also like anything in a package that makes a crunchy or crackly sound so they have great fun with all the wrapping paper and bits and pieces from Christmas....they're very childlike in that they spent more time playing with the packaging than their actual presents :D 

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

It's killing me waiting on pre-orders :( 

Siege Apeface, Astrotrain, Skywarp and another Spinister... Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't just pay over the odds with the tax and import fees at Amazon US or whoever.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seconded! I’m always kind of surprised we don’t see more updates of them. I mean, I know they’re pretty z list, but they look cool, and everyone likes cars, right? And probably easy remold fodder.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

As someone who missed the pre-orders on the Selects Seacons, I’m hoping that one of our usual outlets offers the newly bundled 6 in-a-oner.

They are still not looking cheap and far beyond the price of previous mall sets such as Defensor and Galvatronus. They are almost to the point of being poor value. o_O 

At the risk of being an utter cheapskate, anyone know if TFC Posiedon was subjected to the KO treatment? :oops: 

• Like Like x 7
  14. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 
    I too am surprised we haven't seen a Generations Deluxe Runabout & Runamuck yet after everything that's been already. Where's the easy redeco of our Battlechargers from the same mould already?
    Heck they've even gone as far as doing Punch/Counterpunch, not that he would suffice as RnR!

I've started on my own custom Battlechargers over the last week or so. Need to strip some paint apps and find some Deluxe sized ball jointed heads though. They may not be Trans-Am's but the Generations lines makes an allowance for that, so I'm all good with my decision of mould! ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Top of the Bots 2019 #7
    IMG_20191223_145242.jpg
    So anyway we were talking about Transformers: Prime? It is criminal that one of the absolute greatest carformers of the decade should be relegated to being a faceless mook character. I mean, it’s pretty rubbish in the first place to even have faceless mooks in a race of unique robots but I digress.

Prime’s Vehicon is a work of engineering genius, proving in one fell swoop that being a shellformer is not a problem so long as it’s done right. Most of the alt mode folds up and away into the legs, leaving behind a body with relatively little in the way of car parts other than a few chunks here and there.

This was another TFN purchase, and a really pleasant surprise. But then, that’s what TFN purchases are all about.
    Runamok is definitely coming in Earthrise, as he ended up somehow winning the last poll.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Here's hoping patience proves rewarding, the complete box set might not be cheap but the Sealads do come the fullest equipped of any combiner thus far, so is the full set any more expensive than buying 'em individually?
    I'm too lazy to do the research and maths myself! :p 

I have however also just completed an Ebay trawl accompanied by the Watchmen series soundtrack that really paid off.
    I had an inkling at the back of my mind that there was some half-remembered existent TF accessory/ies that would ideally finish off Slamdance but exactly what remained a vague notion just outside the tip of my brain.
    My meditative deep dive into TF & TF Parts listings bore fruit though, as I happened across Skyhopper's twin, er...well. there's two of 'em so...twin twin missile launchers(?).
    Each hollow on opposing sides, promising the perhapsitude of being mod-able with an additional 5mm side peg to tab nicely onto his upper arm ports in 'bot mode.
    Fings crossed I'll be able to find out for sure shortly into the New Year!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  17. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    o_O 
    Whhaaaaat? Really? Has he been announced somewhere? Must have missed that. Did someone also mention an Earthrise Inferno too which I haven't seen info on?
    I need to log in more!

Just popped the head off of Crosshairs to see how it looked on custom Runabout. Maybe just a touch too large and has a visor instead of eyes/nose but checks the faceplate box!
    Can anyone recommend a pair of black and white heads at Deluxe size which may work? Perhaps a Shapeways head like @Rotorstorm suggested for Rack 'n' Ruin? ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  18. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Seems like the “new” set comes in a just shy of $260 USD, about $20 USD over the separates. Those are the figures being bandied about in the main thread...

Like I said, hefty in comparison to what has gone before and borderline poor value; no matter how “exclusive” they purport to be.

I dread to think what shipping and VAT would do to that...!!:eek: 

• Like Like x 5
  19. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I'd guess a lot of people owned them back in the day too - even I had Goldbug.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just 7 releases to grab for the year (stretching that till January).
    Siege Smokescreen
    Siege Bluestreak
    Siege Spinister
    Siege Apeface
    Siege Spy Patrol Unit 2
    Siege Singe/Shrute
    And Ratchet ( most likely the hardest to get).

• Like Like x 3