The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Been a long time since I've seen one of these in such a nice condition. I have about three of these from childhood in various conditions ranging from fucked to just about still paper. Complete with decades of crusty blu-tack and wallpaper.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there is some structural differences to Korean Big Convoy the legs & waist are a bit different in tolerances and the arm is less likely to shatter on you.

I don't recall the specifics though. I have an Anime Colour one on the way so I'll see what he's like soon I guess.

-------

Amazon.co.uk had a case of the stupids again I ordered Cyber Commander class Optimus and Commander Class Bumblebee and they sent me two Optimus' (silly people) to add insult to injury they are now sold out of Bumblebee.

I did get the Red chest swoop I ordered - he may be the 2nd floppiest Transformer I've every bought he's a genuine ragdoll.
    I think it will take a lot of nail and floor polish to get him up to spec.

I hope the rumours of additional waves POTP deluxes in the UK in clearance retailers are true as I'd like to get a Snarl to complete my Dinobots & a Rippersnapper to complete my Terrorcons. I wonder if the other size classes will show up too as a clearance offering too ?
    Though most of them are not expensize out of China.

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Always use to hate PM Prime but absolutely fell in love with Ginrai, to the point I have an original, reissue, Nucleon Quest and even Fire Guts.

I softened a bit and now think both are great toys, but definitely symbolic of the change from the detailed Takara toys of the first few years to the change to bigger, cheaper, easier to manufacture. It's also the first time Hasbro ever acknowledged the strength of the characters to the brand with a toy release.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have the full series on Blu Ray and it looks amazing. And the best looking Classic TV Trek that will ever be... because the project lost Paramount so much money they'll not remaster any other Star Trek TV series.

Which is a damn shame. You can probably buy ST:TNG 1-7 for a fiver and a packet of peanuts nowadays.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    Me too. Can't wait:) 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    bird.gif
    This took most of the day. And predictably, when I try to animate up and down movement for the whole thing, it breaks the animation for other bits. Still. Bird! Flames of wrath will have to come later.

I think I'll have to scale back the animation for the future. It's not impossible to do, but it takes so long for what I consider to be a side project at best.

EDIT: Here's a concept still for the fire. It's going to be a much easier job to animate but will require a lot of busy-work. Essentially every frame has to be hand-drawn, but at least the frames don't have to match each other exactly.

concept.png

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  8. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 3
  9. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got an invoice for Kapow for Astrotrain. The email says they've had to import to get them to people before Xmas, and are thus selling at a loss......

• Like Like x 4
  10. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Id have ss 07 bee in (import) stock. Tempting, but I'll have to wait until normal cheaper stock comes in.

Ss07 Megatron looks great in his box, even if his art is all kinds of messed up. The figure still has the wrong chest but I'm resigned to buying it.

Awww, DC Fontana has died. That'll be city on the edge of forever getting watched in short order in her honour.

It's a shame. Ds9 would look beyond amazing done up like that. Mind you, that's not a knock against the model work. I do love model work, such intricate details. At least tos got it's remaster, that's the one that really needed it.

@Imperator that flaming skeleton bird looks great!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Added a new detolf to the room today so quickly threw in some G1 guys that had been out in the open for a while.

0B156712-EEE9-41DF-845A-3B8BA79235B7.jpeg

Thanks to @tikgnat for the purple Galvatron :thumb 

• Like Like x 16
  12. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Just taken a phone call from one of our Dept Heads telling me I’ve been successfully selected for promotion on a permanent basis :) 

No news on if they’ll move me to a different site, but the hard part is done...!

• Like Like x 27
  13. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Today's haul!!

After much back and forth I decided to jump in on the MMC wagon for the Combaticons. Fraudo's just me testing the waters. The X-Men set was mostly for me seeing what Marvel Legends were like. Good figures but honestly not worth the fuss that Marvel Legends are all about these days? If anybody's interested in the trio [opened, loose] for an ridiculously low price, hit me up.

fraudo1.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  14. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    INVOICE FROM KAPOW FOR ASTROTRAIN YAY

• Like Like x 5
  15. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    BOX SAYS WHAT?!

Entry 15: G1 Jazz (Europe)

Both 1985 Milton Bradley and 1986 Hasbro Europe release G1 Jazz have “Jazz - Porsche” as the toy’s name on the box, tech spec and instructions. A very rare case of vehicle manufacturer presence on vintage Transformers packaging.

78F85DF9-CFBB-4882-9ADA-D2D828A42C76.jpeg 04E6743C-1189-45CF-AD2F-7182C366058B.jpeg 739A7752-F9E5-4081-B056-DD62C8D2CF62.jpeg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 14
  16. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The only toyline like that is Worlds smallest matchbox. Do a Google search without adding cars and all you'll get is tiny boxes of matches. They were like Micro Machines but even smaller. The first one I got was a police station which would fold up to put in your pocket. (They could not for in a four year old's pocket :( )
    All the little sets could link up together like the micromaster bases to make a city.

I remember on the back of the gift set I got for Christmas, there was an also available part, including an airport with a large plans you could put the cars in, a seaport with cargo ship, and a car factory. These have intrigued me for about 30 years, as I never saw them in shops, and have no idea if they were ever released.

Even the adverts which featured sumo wrestlers have not been preserved :( 

• Like Like x 3
  17. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

Hi, just received my first order from In Demand Toys and they missed out an item. Is this just bad luck? How co-operative are their customer services?

• Like Like x 2
  18. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Usually excellent. What was the item if you don't mind me asking? Could it be an unreleased item?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Skyguy

Skyguy Well-Known Member

They look really cool. I find small sets like that really intriguing. I wonder how they would look on a Transformer Titan base. I really like cranking up the scale on stuff like that. You always see windows and floors and it makes them seem massive. I always feel like even legends don’t do them justice to how big they should be.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Absolutely top notch, as soon as they'd verified the veracity of my missing item claim when a glitch between the store site and the stock system meant my order was missing half the Titan Masters ordered (one each of wee Repugnus and Shuffler, instead of the pairs ordered) they sent the skipped items straight out to me.
    Likewise when I was worried about my Ratchet & Lancer after they blinked out of my account due to the server move, Nick kindly sent me proof of them still being properly recorded at ID HQ, and I have received both since, of course.
    They may get ribbed about their packing, which can sometimes be a bit basic for the bod who's after collector grade goods, but their aftercare is great in my experience.
    Just drop them a line either by polite email or call during opening hours and they'll sort it.

• Like Like x 8