The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Skyguy

Skyguy Well-Known Member

Haha my dyslexia played a trick on me and read that as “Transformers Reverse of the Fallen”

• Like Like x 5
  2. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The composition went great dont know my note but think i pased

• Like Like x 10
  3. Skyguy

Skyguy Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed dude. No matter what it sounds like you did your best and that’s what matters.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hey, who wants a music fact? No? Well, you're getting one anyway.

The theme song to Steven Universe has the same chords as Creep by Radiohead.

Yeeeeeeesss.

And the good news is that it's over and you can relax! Celebrate!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Legends tryp, nah, there's no difference. Legends max, depends if you want the headmasters 'cerebros' figure. If you're not fussed, then I'd say go for the hasbro. Cheaper and his legs can still open (takara glued them shut). There's a version of the master sword that can be bought separate though i forget where it came from. Or there's a 3p option for it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the input, I just wanted to see what the waters were like for both versions.

I know Trypticon had that horrible ratchet scenario, did they fix that in later versions or does it affect all of them? If there’s an easy fix I wouldn’t mind having to do some DIY, but I’d prefer not to.

I have to say that the legends version of each is much more easily obtainable for me as of right now than the Hasbro versions, but I’d be willing to go second hand on eBay too. I’m not too bothered with mint boxes either, just care that the figure works as it should.

They would be displayed next to Omega. Kinda tempted to save up for Scorponok though atm.

I’m not sure if I would want to apply stickers to the Takara versions either or use upgrade kits though. The fort max sword and the like is an exception due to the plug and play nature of it.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Going back home for the night, hey what's at the door ?

[​IMG]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like Like x 16
  8. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

So, typically late to stranger things ( just binge-watched all three series in about a fortnight) and I am in love with it.

Anyone here collecting the figures, be it funko or Mcfarlane and got anything to say about them? Or dare I say it, the LEGO set (for fear of the expense!)

Robots? Nowt inbound, just my pre-order for waradaros gigantor but that’s like not due until March next year. Selling some bots at the moment as I am seeing a bit of excess in my collection and I feel I need to trim the fat.

• Like Like x 12
  9. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    My girlfriend is collecting the pops for it.

She seems to like them, but she’s a big ST fan anyway.

Picked a few up on Saturday while out shopping for Christmas gifts/ideas.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I think later versions wer fixed. No reports that i know of from takara breaking the hips. The fix involves taking his leg apart and compressing the spring for about ten minutes. There's proper threads that go into more details. If takara is easier to get, and the price is good for you, go takara if you want certainty of good hips (mine seems pretty good having a few transforms, and it's from Smyths earlier this year so i assume a later batch).

For max, the question is do you want the Japanese headmasters anime version or the us rebirth toon/marvel comics style version (the 'cerebus' figure is completely different coloured and has a different face, so which you want is the one you'll have to go for)? And does it matter if the legs can open up to allow titan masters to use them as a playset or not? Takara has some more paint, like a white chest, and has his master sword included. Hasbro has no sword. If you don't care about the sword, and he's gonna be in full sized robot mode the entire time (rendering the cerebus differences moot) then go for the cheaper/easier to get.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    I’m not really knowledgeable on all that side of it, I’m just after pretty titans to look at really. I didn’t know about the leg thing or that the Takara version includes the master sword though. They’ll be spending the majority of their time in robot mode so I’m not too bothered about playability. It’s a massive plus though.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    A Tale from The Box Office for Hallowe'en:

Me sat at the box office desk on the doors of a recent family comedy event. A head bobs into my view, the head of a girl of about 7 to 9 years of age (just tall enough for her head to bob into view above the edge of the desk wall).
    A small hand puts something on top of one of the floor plans right in front of me directly in my line of sight, in a fashion that implies it is important for me to pay attention to it immediately.
    It takes me a moment to fathom it is a single garlic bulb.

"Is that your garlic bulb?"
    "Yeah."
    "Is it your lucky garlic bulb?"

She stares directly back at me as her small face contorts into the universal crumpled brow of confused consternation that, in adulthood, she will later be able to vocalise as "Are you some kind of fucking idiot?!"
    At age 7 - 9 though she can only make the facial expression as she replies acidly, "No!"

"Well, why have you brought it with you then?"

The scornful brow intensifies just before she exasperatedly explains the clearly obvious.

"For the vampires!"

She snatches her anti-vampire equipment and storms quickly away from this fucking idiot that isn't worth giving the time of day to.

:lol 

• Like Like x 17
  13. Large

News Credits:
    Oh right ST ! I have no real ideas as to why I wasn't particulary excited for the 3rd season when it hits Netflix (and I absolutely loved the first one and was more than ok with the second), maybe my situation this year or whatever, but heck once I decided to give it a try I BINGE all the season in one night, it was wonderful. Didn't expect to say it but yeah 3rd one is my favorite.
    Between Robin/Steve and neverending moment, exactly what I needed. Even Miss L loved it and that's not really her kinda thing.

No help to offer you as far as figurines go, I only collected the vinyls soundtrack.

Speaking of this year situation, I had to give away some of my toys and other stuff (still in that process...) and after doing a recount right now it would appear that Shockwave is now my 113th of the Generation Lines (T30/CW/TR/POTP/Siege), not couting combined forms.

Fitting.

Siege Shockwave (2018)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  14. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Love it. Imagine you hanging round condemned buildings at night taking pictures with arcing fluorescent light in Highlander style. F-Risky.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Large

News Credits:
    " What the hell ?
    - It's incredibly logical my liege, like you wouldn't believe logical, even logic is ashamed of how logical this is.
    - Shockwave...
    - I just... It's been millions of years now, MILLIONS, I'm just fucking tired ok ?! Leave me alone and go make a plot involving an Alligator made out of Optimus body or something."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  16. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oir dining room table has fucking mines all over it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  17. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Tried to get the kids into young mc, wee papa girl rappers and sugar bear the other day along with a bit of junglism. I even demonstrated some typical dance moves to accompany said drum and bass combos. The reception was less Buck Rogers the movie and more like when Gaston commits Belle’s father to the asylum leading the enraged mob on a subsequent murder quest. ( on hard repeat in our gaff unfortunately)

• Like Like x 11
  18. Large

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  19. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Great news dude!!

Lovely haul! Had no idea they had brought super monkey ball to the switch. My reasons for not having one dwindle by the minute.

D'awww bless.

James Roberts would be proud. How you finding shockwave?

Next time TFN rolls around you need to bust your moves out there and get a dance off started!

• Like Like x 8
  20. Large

News Credits:
    I'd say that I'd prefer a remaster of the first two ones or heck, why not a compeltely new third but this remaster of Banana Blitz is actually really cool, loving it at the moment.
    I sucked at it with the Wii gameplay and now I can enjoying it.

Luigi's Mansion 3 today though... How exciting.

The armor thing makes absolutely no sense and yet I enjoy it for... That reason !
    Shockwave looks terrific, transformation's a true pleasure, we've got a real mini MP here.
    A real nice toy, really glad I've been conviced, merci !

Downside now is... I'm gonna buy 3 Reflector now ain't I ? Dang it !

• Like Like x 9