The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The Car That Killed Hitler!
    Actually, on that tack there's a rather neat low budget fillum on Netflix that I really dug called 'The Man Who Killed Hitler And Then The Bigfoot' a high Pulp Fiction premise done in a really grounded way with an excellent dual central performance from Sam Elliot and Aidan "Poldark" Turner (who makes a surprisingly convincing young Sam Elliot), if offbeat is your bag give it a go. It's high adventure done in a kind of myth-busting fashion. I loved it - but it did also punch my heart out.
    Quite. You have to be a pretty inbred, idiotic, over-entitled twerp to think you can leave the club but still use all the facilities for free!

Also found something else to spend my pennies on, good ol' the artist formerly known as Spurt Reynolds now Repro Man has the small guns for Pincher, Doubleheader, and Stranglehold!
    OOpsie!

• Like Like x 10
  2. Imperator

Imperator The last, best hope for humanity

1) Is he MP scale or CHUG scale?
    2) Does he come with that brickwork mat thing, or is that from elsewhere?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    @Imperator - deffo Studio Series scale, so he's a wee deluxe. The brick piece also came with Bulldog and they're magnetic at the sides to build them up. I only realised this cos I wound up with two.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep its SS scale. The brickwork comes with all figures and they are magnetic.

They also come with parts for a BAF of a Biplane Starscream. 3 more parts to go!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Imperator

Well... shit. I definitely think I'm going to miss all of these at this rate. There was a Bulldog at TFN but I couldn't stretch to £60 for it. The first real historical line of transforming bots, and it's when my funds are tight.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Glad they're getting on OK, they're very cute!

The first week or so we had Oreo was a bit fraught as Rebecca had been on her own for a couple of months after her chum passed away so there was a bit of squabbling but they got used to each other and aside from a few days after his operation they've been together ever since.

Today my Mum made the basic error of leaving her new pair of furry slippers next to her chair when the ferrets were about and they didn't waste any time trying to steal them....anything furry is a potential toy!

For this reason I will be extremely careful with my Hot Toys Wicket when it arrives as I don't want to have an awkward returns related conversation with the seller because the furry buggers tried to "befriend" it :D 

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  7. Napalm

News Credits:
    Aye it's pricey, I still have that spare you could have for mates rates if you're interested?

• Like Like x 4
  8. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    I know, mental isn't it. I love my raspberry pi but do like the original consoles. take my pi on holiday.

need to get amiga games on the pi. and the star wars arcade game.

In other news, had info back on kidneys. the chest infection was the cause of my kidneys being on the blink so I should make a full recovery and be able to come off the blood pressure pills.

• Like Like x 13
  9. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'd love to see this, but for some reason I think Bulkhead and Knockout would be more likely than Breakdown.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

@Imperator challenge failed.
    IMG_20191015_200359.jpg IMG_20191015_200351.jpg IMG_20191015_200253.jpg

I thought he had more to his legs, but the lack of any outwards hips really makes him suffer. Still really like this guy and will be my fiddle fodder tonight.

Looks like the wife will be starting her new part time job tomorrow. Be nice to get a little extra cash in. Evening shifts so I'll have a few hours to myself when i get home from work each night. Hmmm, what can i do with myself?

*ques up star wars prequels and every star trek movie.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Imperator

Right, well that was something of a ballache. I've queued up posts on Tumblr for the next week to repost my Snowflake Seekers reviews, so they're all in the same place. Once I've gathered the energy to do so I'll do the same for the season 3 Autobots and then get my act together on the current series.

Anyway, it's called Sterner Stuff Toys. If you like, have a look. I occasionally (frequently) forget to post anything there, these queued posts will be quite the change.

Back when I had him out more frequently I'd put him with the sword casually resting over his shoulders, but that's about as good as you can get, sadly. The key for me is always head rotation. If they can't turn to look at something, they always tend to look unnatural. After that you need 3 dimensional movement in shoulders and hips, and at least 2d movement in knees and elbows. Everything after that is a luxury, like bicep and thigh swivel, wrist and ankle tilt.

I really wish I hadn't lost my Swindle minicon, as that deploying gimmick was my favourite thing about Armada Starscream.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Yankee0

Yankee0 I own one jacket.

Excellent news old bean, glad to hear that you are on the mend!:thumb 

• Like Like x 3
  13. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    X Men Grand Design is also marvelous. Can't wait for Scioli's FF version.

• Like Like x 3
  14. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

@doucoo: that is indeed good news Doug!

Are you still recuperating at home for the time being?

• Like Like x 3
  15. jhs8swd

jhs8swd Well-Known Member

Circuitously reminds me that I picked up Banzaitron off the shelf the other day where he has been for some time, and within minutes of each other both feet had snapped at the ankle joint without barely being touched. Nothing that superglue wasn't able to fix fortunately, but hardly ideal nonetheless!

• Like Like x 3
  16. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    going to work but resting at night and taking it easy, well as easy as I can with 2 young boys.

just need to get my kidneys to 100% and then hopefully I can come off the blood pressure tablets.

such a relief but cannot believe how tired it has left me. ah well, nice food to build me up! lol

• Like Like x 8
  17. Imperator

Yikes. That'd be the one based on the ROTF mould, yes? I think my ROTF Bludgeon had a minor snappage some years ago, but I can't remember where now. Like yours, mine is just resting in a drawer. I'll probably bring it out if/when a bigger Thunderwing comes out, so I hope it's still in one piece.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Napalm

News Credits:
    Me: It's a good job I stopped buying into needless bollocks I'm only ever going to instantly regret.

Also me: NEEDLESS BOLLOCKS, GET IN MY FUCKING MOUTH RIGHT NOW.

IMG_-qjbbnx.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    :lol  Same energy.

Me: No further pre-orders for me, Sunny Jim!

Also: Me on the 3P accessories listings...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  20. Yankee0

Yankee0 I own one jacket.

Don't know if you have seen it on the boards here, but there is apparently an issue with the ROTF Bludgeon whereby the plastic/rubber used in the tank treads literally melts away the harder plastic used on the rest of the figure where they come in to contact. Old news apparently, but something I only just read about and might have something to do with the snappage?

• Like Like x 3