The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Just woke up to surprise money - last payout from work, which I was convinced they were going to screw me out of - so bought some robits. MMC Guzzle and Brawn and the Siege Fan Vote Pack coming from Kapow and XTB Pathfinder coming from TFS :D 

Also, bought the base for my next custom - CLENCH.

Had to stop myself buying a Switch instead of robits though

• Like Like x 7
  2. Imperator

Imperator The last, best hope for humanity

Jetfire in the same box would be ace, but l imagine it would be a bit complex even for that price point. And besides, you then need an Overload trailer to carry him and make the complete package.

Still... enticing.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

I can see that. But it was the Earth guys who were sitting around defeated and all that. Drift came in with the wreckers, and all those guys were ramped up and raring to go. Perceptor sniped off an Insecticon from long range. Kup gave them the gusto and kick up the arse to get moving. Springer was there ready to lead the forces. I remember all the hubub when Drift came in, and taken as an isolated thing, sure, I can see where folks are coming from, but he came into the story with the Wreckers and that whole group were basically outshining the 84 cast in that story. But we can all agree Drift has an awesome toy.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My lust for a MP Artfire was good timing. Ebay has a 10% off code so got a new one for £90

• Like Like x 8
  5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Today newest addition to the MP collection...

762C5F1F-A85A-4332-995F-5EB0426CEDB2.jpeg

I’ve been longing for this guy ever since he was announced!

• Like Like x 19
  6. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

So its not robits but the announcement of a reissue of the film accurate Luke Skywalker X-wing is good, I missed out on previous versions so will hopefully be able to grab one at some point

• Like Like x 1
  7. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Well... I'm more thinking how easy it would be for them to release a follow up Thunderclash repaint from MW Prime :p 

The Anit-Air base was the only Micromaster base I had as a child (a 'well done for not dying' present from my folks after a rather dramatic bike accident that included a visit to the hospital to check for concussion) and it definitely ranks up there. I've got my paws on more of the bases since, and it still ranks in the top 3 - beside Countdown's base and Groundshaker.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Imperator

He's a very fancy lad, but looks remarkably wee there. How does he stack up against a deluxe?

True, and I think what I love about his character is that while I think it was a legitimate reaction in 2009 to sneer at his over-the-top introduction, his later development has basically vindicated his early appearances as a character. Basically, Drift is ace.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    Using what I've literally just grabbed from across the room...

IMG_20190927_120030.jpg

In his most basic state, he's a pretty standard, old school deluxe. The shoulder pieces do naturally add a bit more presence.

Armoured up, I believe he's around Voyager size, although clearly much more hefty and intricate. He's the perfect size for me. Bigger than most of my Legends stuff and flashy enough to command respect, but still small enough to easily fiddle with. Although I may be biased, because I am of course completely enamoured with him! :lol 

• Like Like x 13
  10. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm. The Honey Badger Don't Give A Fuck MPM Megatron KO arrived. Rant incoming?

Strangely, I think I prefer the sparse, flawed deco of my original over this top to toe gunmetal spray job. It isn't lifted by the gold accents in the way I expected in hand and genuinely does not pop as well as the much criticised official deco, actually utilising colour break up in a much poorer fashion and in doing so coming across pretty damn boring. That and he has a veeeeery floppy bicep swivel, which probably isn't the end of the world at half price of the official but does make me question a big change made to the figure compared to MPM-8.

While I think that removing the diecast back plate was a good idea (purely cos that thing is absolutely gonna rust), the rearrangement of the rest of the metal for (I assume) better weight distribution makes fuck all sense to me. Putting it in the forearms accentuates the weakness my copy has in the bicep swivel and placing it in the knees removes the lovely solid footing the MPM had in those shiny steel stompers. And one more click forward in the hips I couldn't exactly call making a huge stride.

Badger boy went back in the box, which doesn't bode well for his survival at Casa Napalm. May well flip it, and I expected it to go very much the other way.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  11. Imperator

Ah lovely. Not as wee as I thought, and a nicely proportioned bot as well.

IMG_20190926_212732.jpg
    This is the MMC version, which is about voyager size in the core robot but only increases slightly in height with the armour. Doesn't look at all like Nova Prime in its unarmoured state, and is supposedly based on Prima, but who knows what Prima looks like anyway. Those arm joints are ridiculously finicky to transform, and the alt mode looks less like a futuristic truck cab and more like a trainer.

• Like Like x 14
  12. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    He looks a lovely fella too! I followed the MMC version for years, but after waiting so long for release, my hype sort of died out. I wish they had found out a way to implement the initial idea of an Iron Man-style armour gantry!

You can't deny how imposing he is though, a real statement piece!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Get well soon

Nice weekend to all

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  14. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    And you, dude!

"Back off, Cyclonus! You and Scourge are keeping us from doing our job. The Wreckers want Galvatron - and you're in the way!"
    rare sighting of the 'VAM' sound effect. Well deployed!
    From 'Wrecking Havoc' TF:UK#173
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  15. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Thanks.

Thanks man. And to you!

• Like Like x 1
  16. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Yeah out Pudsey way to be precise. If you're interested in comic art and graphic novels there's some interesting stuff to see. The TF pages were an unexpected surprise :) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Top tip, cheers!

Just got shipping notice for Impactor and Mirage. Woooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeee!!!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    That's one sticker set done. Phew.

IMG_20190927_150720.jpg

Really does make a difference though.

IMG_20190927_150744.jpg
    giphy (11).gif

Any tips on what to use to get them off the sprues? @Seeaich? @Rotorstorm?

• Like Like x 9
  19. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Just got Impactor notification myself. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  20. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a great mould - MT Jazz is up there with my top 3P figures (he surely has the best 3P face sculpt of all time, too, if a little on the small and feminine side). That G2 deco does look great too.

Talking of Jazz, I've been blown away by this guy this week:

IMG_2767.jpg

I'm not really a fan of the Bay movies, but I have a soft spot for the Jazz design from the first movie, because it takes so many design cues from the G1 character while updating it to make it look more alien and complex. Other than Optimus Prime, it's about the only recognisable design in all of the movies. (So I could do without the rip-in-half and spinal column gimmick which reminds me that the first film still messed things up by killing off one of the best characters in a horrific way in what should be a kid-friendly movie.)

So I bought this pretty much on a whim and I love it. It nails the screen appearance and the silver and intricacy of the robot mode design really make it look like a high-end collectable standing on the shelf - he just looks great. And yet the transformation is pretty straightforward and fun.

It's not all roses as the registration plate on mine is scratched up out of the box, the silver has some scratches in it, and the legs are a little loose. Squeezing the last parts together for car mode is a little awkward too. Still, he's one of the most unexpectedly great figures I've picked up in a while, in terms of just how much fun he is to handle and how much presence he has.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 11