The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Raz0rClash

Raz0rClash Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    0C9C7F79-C502-480D-8C59-549101DE3197.jpeg Anybody else having trouble splitting the hood/cockpit section on Siege Springer, the 2 notches on the hood are jammed in there tight! Just cannot get the hood to come away!

• Like Like x 2
  3. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@motorthing,
    Needed that laugh!, hope you don't go too heavy on the pipe! :D 

Thanks also to everyone else for the support, just been a bit of a rough few days where I've not slept much and I've also not been keeping an eye on how I've been eating as well as I might and when my blood sugar's playing up it effects everything else.

Spidey possibly out of the MCU = Maybe now he'll get to star in his own movies again instead of being Tony Stank's pet project.

I think Tom Holland's great and hope Sony keep him and just reboot with a new continuity that isn't dragged down by a decade of past movies or the need to keep stroking RDJ's ego in case they need him to return at some point......first time an MCU movie does a "Solo" they'll panic announce Iron Man 4 with a "new" Tony from the multiverse.

The news doesn't change my feelings on the MCU, still very on board for GOTG3 as it looks like the story may be going into Rocket's origins and the Loki series on the Disney channel should be fun but beyond that it depends on what happens with Deadpool, the X-Men & Fantastic 4.

EDIT
    Simple solution for Disney is to rebrand the character as Night Monkey and carry on with their plans :D 

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  4. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Must get add on set! You got a link?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Keep checking Unclebilly. Com set is made by Matrix Workshop in development as yet, will be dropping soon I expect.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet will keep an eye out

• Like Like x 3
  7. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Straight refund, annoyingly.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man, when I don't TFN I don't TFN hard.

20190821_134641_20190821134738683.jpg

Not great news regarding Springer though. I didn't get a dispatch note so I imagine it's just hanging fire for the next available stock to come in. Not a biggie but again, the waiting game. Was he available from them at TFN? That might bug me a touch more if so.

• Like Like x 18
  9. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    He was, but £30 a piece I think.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kapow didn’t have any Springers at TFNstion that I saw but I got mine from ID

• Like Like x 7
  11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if we get an A-Force style team like we did in the comics. Unlike the comics the movies don't really have a status quo to reset to, so everything changes and nothing is permanent. The comment about escalation at the end of Batman Begins is actually more appropriate when put on Marvel because every single choice in those films seems to cascade and lead into the next crisis sort of inevitably. Masterfully done really, considering some of it evolved by chance.

On a separate note, did you read Jason Aaron's Thor run? Odinson was found unworthy and couldn't be Thor anymore, and Jane picks up the hammer. We basically got two Thors for the price of one, as part of a huge 9 year run of fantastic comics. Amazing stuff. The movies are perfectly set up to follow that arc if they wish, but with their own take on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  12. Collectotron

Collectotron Dreadwind aficionado

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm very curious to see what the final MCU movie will be as they can't just rehash what they did with Endgame though I imagine it will include Galactacus in some way. Also seeing how much they're experimenting with the movies I wouldn't mind a Death's Head movie

• Like Like x 1
  13. Imperator

Imperator Confirmed ninja consultant

Whenever this sort of thing comes up I just turn to this picture:

[​IMG]
    And it makes sense.

• Like Like x 15
  14. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I see the usual drama is coming with regard to Siege stuff so a few points to clarify, I try my hardest not to log in here anymore as its depressing.

I have overseen the import of 100 jetfire 150 springer at an inflated cost to get pre-orders moving but again it seems to have done nothing but make people angry.

At TFN We had nothing apart from 24 imported Springers which we sold for £30 and some Thundercracker which is currently fulfilling or has been fulfilled for single orders and orders which are able to be sent out due to the other items being in stock.

ID Toys on the other hand took a huge pile of everything including Jetfire, sold them at more money and told folk if they had a pre-order they could either pay more or wait but as yet this doesn't seem to be an issue, only that Kapow have done it properly.

I implore anyone that spends their day online to please cease shopping with us, I know many of you personally and ''thought'' we got on but sadly it does not seem that way, myself and the staff go out of the way for people sometimes at nothing other than detriment to us an an entity.

If you want anything you can always send an email, if you have something valid to criticise it will be dealt with correctly, if you simply want to be negative, moan and indulge in drama then please go elsewhere.

You can slate us on Google reviews, Trustpilot or Facebook if you wish I'll even send you the links.

It is a shame the DPA stops me from letting a lot of you good folk know just what a nest of vipers exists in this very thread masquerading as your friends.

I'll call as I see it and take it on the chin if my company has cocked up, I cannot take the two faced attitude of being nice as pie in emails then coming online elsewhere to behave in the opposite manner.

Rant over and apologies if this has annoyed anyone.

Andy

• Like Like x 23
  15. Lothar Hex

News Credits:

To clarify, this comes in response from an email thread where I apologised to Andy for my attitude, but seems he's done.

Happy to show people the emails I have sent if they wish.

16. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Straw that broke the camels back sadly, I realised sometime ago it was pointless coming here as a ''fan'' due to the company, however has anyone noticed that pretty much most sellers have withdrawn from having an online presence in forums ? I used to think it was a shame but can totally see where a lot are coming from.

I've never run Kapow as profit driven, sure we have to make one to keep going and mistakes have been made along the way but we have also gone above and beyond for some folks here only to be bitten in the ass.

Valid criticism go for it, barbed comments etc why ? if you feel like that we can give you a refund, I cannot make Hasbro UK / USA do anything and sadly all the supply issues lay with them

I used to love this hobby but this last weekend managed 1 day at TFNation as I cannot stand speaking to folk who are so happy and smiley to our faces but so awful behind our backs online or via email, it's not a practice I understand to be honest but different strokes for different folks.

Facebook Q and A starts in a couple weeks so there will be a public platform to air grievances etc if you feel like it, it's a shame we don't get positive feedback online for the 1000's of other orders we do every year where people are happy. No one mentions the charity stuff we do or the free stuff we frequently give out to make people happy it's always the bad but that seems to sum up the internet these days.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 22
  17. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    Entirely fair points, Andy. I figured that with my Springer preorder being delivered, you'd sourced an import and yet were still selling it at UK stock price to me (unlike ID Toys who I guess were just doing what they thought best for their business) - which I mentioned over on UK Sightings, and I'm eternally grateful for that - genuinely noble, generous gesture.

In Whatsapps with friends we were wondering how you're making a profit with these kinds of gestures, and more credit to you. I've tried not to reply to every negative post about Kapow with "they're doing what they can", or reminding them that a lot of the issues have been the way Hasbro USA handles matters with regards to poor Hasbro UK - but sadly people don't seem to get it.

Hope you're not deterred from interacting with the decent folk here in future, but I can completely understand your frustration. People seem to treat the hobby like something that needs to be delivered as and when they want it. We all get impatient for things we really want, but we need to remember to be patient with those suppliers doing their best and going above and beyond to make their customers happy.

• Like Like x 9
  18. ToaArcan

ToaArcan Needs more Brainstorm

I'm looking forward to Love and Thunder personally, but I do have some misgivings.

1) Mjolnir was already destroyed in Ragnarok, and 2013 Mjolnir was taken back to 2013 by Cap. How they going to do the thing if Mjolnir is still broken?

2) The name. It always bothered me that the Jane!Thor saga started treating the name as a title. It's not a title, it's Thor's birth name. That'd be like someone else taking up my laptop and calling themselves "Dan" for a couple years while I had to make do with a shittier laptop and exclusively call myself by my surname.

But hey, I'm sure Taika can pull it off. Ragnarok was great.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Imperator

Imperator Confirmed ninja consultant

To me it shall forever be ‘Thor 4: More Thor’.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Lothar Hex

News Credits:
    Honestly I can see your points. I will say again I apologise for any frustration this caused you. Certainly wasn't my intent. Was frustrated with the situation more on Hasbro's end but now have a better understanding of it, and I probably fell in to the trap of forgetting there's a person on the end of all this sometimes. I'll own up to that and well, no hard feelings.

I still use you and I'll keep my pre-orders with you, since I've got a better understanding of the situation now. After all, looking forward to Brunt.