The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    quality write up

yes please, loved that show. felt they never got to do more with the bad jumper in the last series

beautiful

• Like Like x 4
  2. JimmyWrong

JimmyWrong Active Member

IMG_20190820_201409.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    yip, my family and friends don't understand why I buy toys!

what else would I spend my money on, sensible things like plants and the like! lol

Glad he found you, although he probably loved the adventure knowing him!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    Oh god, you're so right. The way the torso collapses in on itself is just... *chef's kiss*.

Well, I certainly can't fault you there! :D 

• Like Like x 4
  5. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Mentioned to me at TFN by @Raz0rClash.

Now I’m no detective, but....

EABFC904-728B-4826-B3EE-2A62D226A8A0.jpeg

I’m going to go out on a limb and say there aren’t any “Rocky” conventions going on next year...o_O 

• Like Like x 17
  6. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol 

No regrets.

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 5
  7. Imperator

Imperator Confirmed ninja consultant

Well, if you chaps will indulge me a moment of weakness...

So today has been a bit of a one. I'm pretty sure I'm heading down another bit of a depressive episode at the moment, and this morning I crawling back into bed around 11, throwing the covers over my head and just sinking into semi-conciousness and miserable state staring at my ipad. After about an hour of this, constantly nodding off and breathing in the same glob of air over and over, I managed to persuade myself to go sit in the garden for a spell, and then to take a walk (thank god the weather's still good. Don't know what I'll do when it's constantly pissing it down). Made a big change to my mood, and even allowed me to actually do something positive with myself and put in a job application. Nothing fancy, part-time admin work at the library. So much more my speed right now than embarking on some massive career change. Whether or not I get this I think I'll be looking into part-time jobs more now, in order to ease myself back into what might one day be considered a normal life.

Aha yes! Break out the synths and let's have a keytar solo!

You know what, I wish there was a piano in the hotel bar. I can crack out a few odd Transformers themes on the ivories. Would be a jolly lark.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 16
  8. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Don’t know if you ever head into Londinium much, but there are plenty in St.Pancras train station. Hope the job application goes well, keep us posted :) 

• Like Like x 5
  9. Imperator

Aw man, every time I've been through St Pancras the pianos have been occupied by people who are far more talented than me. I go red-faced and shuffle away quickly. I'll be honest that I'm by no means a good pianist, but I am at least an enthusiastic one. And while I can't Clair de Lune my way out of a paper bag, I can play a waltz version of the Japanese Galaxy Force/Cybertron opening theme song. So I've got that.

• Like Like x 10
  10. Collectotron

Collectotron Dreadwind aficionado

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If that's the case it seems that they're alternating each year between a G1 voice actor and a G1 musician so who would it be in 2022? I'd love Kick Axe to be there so we could all jam to Instruments Of Destruction like total mad men :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @Imperator Sorry to hear that, bud, have you considered volunteering in the meantime? If you have a local easy/inexpensive to get to charity shop or similar? Apparently that can look good to DWP jobsworths, and even one day a week can get you a routine way to be out of the house but with a definite purpose, and an anchor point get you into the habit of scheduling your time.

Meantime it turns out muggins here had only tried out the peg of the "rear" gun, so the spinny bit can tab rather less egregiously (and not at all twizzily) to the front end of the long gun for a bit more bulking it out.
    DSC_0064.JPG

And also, it turns out, make a pretty decent underslung grenade launcher...
    DSC_0062.JPG

..or the Mother of All Bayonet Mounts!!!
    DSC_0063.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  12. Imperator

I'm hoping if it's a TFP theme they'll manage to snag some voice talent from there. It'd be great to have Kevin Michael Richardson (Bulkhead), he's a class act.

Thankfully I don't think I'm that far gone yet. I'm not signing on for the time being, but a part-time job would give me the option to look into getting a second job to fill up the hours, do some supply work (bleh) or look into being more creative and seeing if I can start being self-employed. At the moment the idea of a career seems a long way off, but if I can get the money to keep going I think I'll be alright.

Anyway, here's something fun to cap the evening. MOOMINS!

• Like Like x 7
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Mate, I don't want to be condescending but unless you're of a current financial status where they won't give you anything, if you qualify to sign on, sign on for what you can get. This isn't coming from a place of arrogance but experience, in my late twenties I found myself out of work and foolishly subsisted on my savings for far too long before taking my entitlements out of a mix of pride and a certain wrongheaded sense of personal responsibility inculcated by my parents' worth ethic. It totally jeffed up my long term finances in a way that still affects my status to this day.

• Like Like x 5
  14. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

I want to say blue beetle - I had exactly the same experience

• Like Like x 3
  15. ToaArcan

ToaArcan Needs more Brainstorm

I spent stupid amounts of money on the Takara Headmaster pack just so I could give my LG Brainstorm the right head.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Imperator

Yeah, it's not a political thing, it's one from experience. I've been on the dole before, and it was a pretty soul-crushing experience. I don't need my soul being crushed any more than it already is. Truth is I've got supply teaching to fall back on if need be, though I'd rather it didn't come to that.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I forgot to mention the doctor have me the number of a telephone consultant if I need to talk things over.
    @joetele thanks for your support too.

• Like Like x 7
  18. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Thanks! He's been fine since his jaunt so no harm done other than to my blood pressure when I thought I'd lost him! It was soooo lucky he went the route he did and I found him within seconds of hearing something moving and sniffing about in the bushes where I went to look. Doesn't bare thinking about what might have happened had that not been the case but I scooped him up and gave him the biggest hug and he looked totally unflustered as always, he's very laid back compared to Rebecca.

@Imperator,
    Voluntary work did me some good, at least to the point of knowing I can operate in a working environment again, and I can confirm what @Seeaich said about it going down very well with DWP jobsworths....after some of the BS I've dealt with it was a good feeling to shut one person down mid sentence with "I've actually been volunteering for a few weeks now".

I just wish I'd been able to stick with it longer than I did but I got really disheartened how things played out at the farm and the past few months have seen me struggling for motivation to try again because I feel like I'm too old to have a realistic chance of turning my employment and social situations around.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20190820_223534_com.android.chrome.jpg

Over money, of course. I bet they want him for Venom 2.

Oh, you're making us more money than ever? Sorry, we need more money. Fuck off Sony.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Gulp. As it stands, looks like Spidey is out of the mcu.

I'm sure they'll work something out.

Edit: ninjad!

Both sides have a lot to lose here. Spidey is now integral to Disney's mcu, and Sony's big hits are very thin on the ground these days. The relationship is almost.... Symbiotic...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 6