The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Excellent news! Bon voyage!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

What do you call an Autobot who watches films for a living.

Mark Carmode

• Like Like x 14
  3. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    F*ck that would look good in cyb noizemaze colours....

....engage resisting custom project mode

• Like Like x 6
  4. Decepticreeps100

Peace my Bruder, all of us are here for you to vent, pick up with a dm, enter a little bit of introspection no matter how ridiculous you think you're being (you're not btw) and your sunshine.

Bungholes, my two are wanting to go back having endured a constant stream of trades folk smashing their rooms to bits (including the first set of demolitions by yours truly) it's been a brick dust filled summer all up your schnoze and all over the house. Never, never again are we taking on a project like this. Wreck to a home in 2 years.......

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  5. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Good to meet and chat, Kit!

• Like Like x 4
  6. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    I just can’t resist at this point
    5706E905-C600-4AB2-80CD-BA702D769DF2.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  7. Decepticreeps100

Was he something you were after A?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    9B14DAF5-733E-482F-A8A7-D82E04AA3EA3.jpeg

Was nice to have opportunity to photograph Ironfist next to Pyro again, the owner is taking really good care if him. Of course this means next year I need to have made Guzzle out of sone poor bot if the MMC one doesn’t come out in due course A44E3CB7-6C5D-4FEF-A4EA-A0C238369F9C.jpeg

Head swap, had to

AD5DCF15-03F1-4725-81F8-A1F9E546FF74.jpeg

Thanks fir the parts @glaug

• Like Like x 15
  9. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

IMG_20190819_231203.jpg
    Loving that glow. Does anyone make plastic energon cubes with leds in them?

• Like Like x 10
  10. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    MMC Aero Alpha in stock at Kapow. Wallet busting price like, but a gorgeous looking piece.

Oh, and stung by customs on the Maketoys shop purchase. To the tune of what though, is the question. Bargains my arse.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  11. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Yeah, I did enquire after one a while back when @Prescient was moving one on but I had to pass on it when it was decided that a/ I couldn’t really afford it at the time b/ I didn’t really have the room and c/ that Mrs Sidey’s would have a meltdown if she saw the size of it, but since then I did some consultancy work on the side which basically became my tfnation budget and where the Mrs and i had agreed I was going to have to give up man-cave, we came up with a compromise which meant I could keep the room and as such I now do have space to accommodate the big bar-steward! Hooray!!

BDE4D4CC-DA50-4199-9185-EB7D58668515.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  12. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have always loved this version of Soundwave, both the Prime character and the alt mode. Clearly, he needs an update, and an unmanned military drone is so on brand for him that its just brilliant. The character was so well done too, and a highlight of an already excellent series.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Welcome back, fella! How ya been?

• Like Like x 4
  14. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hey. I think I just needed time to enjoy collecting for myself for a bit, to be honest. I was getting dragged into wanting a lot of stuff that other people thought was cool, and some time with just me and my collection helped me to focus. Plus, a financially difficult year or so made me prioritise.

But things are good. I am moving house now, and I am confronted by the excess of my hobbies.... I regret nothing!

I missed this place though. So good to see a few of the old icons still around. My TF discussion was limited to Twitter, which I found to be..... fine, mostly. Its kind of ok, and then gets toxic for an afternoon randomly.

I should also note.... Singapore seems to be lagging behind. The shelves are full of Shockwave, Studio Dropkick and those three Deluxes - Punch, Blast Off and Repugnus - at S$70 each! But we do still have TRU.

• Like Like x 12
  15. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

Hey sid! I had the same issue a while back when stickering up mine - after consulting with @Maz I ended up basically dismantling the lower half, putting the stickers on the thighs and putting it back together. No Vic Reeves thigh rub on them haha!

I’ll keep it brief because my daughter is smacking me in the face at the minute, but a massive thank you to everyone that supported me in the forge, and just generally made me feel like I actually have some friends! Lovely to see everyone, let’s not leave it another year though!

• Like Like x 16
  16. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

@jame5y - it was a genuine pleasure to meet you - had a thought or two on that commission we chatted about - once i've got my head above water at work, i'll drop you a DM on Twitter

Not been through the last few pages, but TFN this year was maybe my fave of all so far - there was just a wonderfully friendly, inclusive atmosphere - EXACTLY AS IT SHOULD BE - picked up some lush bits and bobs (went heavier on SIEGE than i hoped, but avoided a cheeky Jetfire (if the wife hadn't been in Brum too, i may have crumbled) - will post a full list later, but i'm a very sated nerd this morning - it's a bit of a post-orgasmic come-down..

• Like Like x 9
  17. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

Yeah no problems dude! I think we all need a head clear haha!

Also as some of you may have seen I’ve already had thoughts about next year, and I really think I’m going to do it - I really want to make a panini style sticker album with blind bag stickers- even thinking about things like some shinies or perhaps a sticker you can only get if you buy something from toyfu

It’s going to be a fair bit of work, but I’d love to do it - I think I just found it lovely people liked my stuff, as it was hugely different from everything else in the forge - I mean I had no pastel colours or robots shagging other robots which seemed to be big sellers for others haha!

(Basically if I had done more LL/MTMTE stuff I reckon I’d have done better but it’s just not me!)

• Like Like x 9
  18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    That's surprising, Singapore always seemed to be ahead of the curve! Is that the big stores that are lagging or the smaller collectors shops? (those places were amazing!)

So what you been collecting?

• Like Like x 3
  19. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    Found out about these just before TFN but since found some more stuff when I spoke to space bridge about it (printed in a book called the toys that time forgot)

Basically before transformers in 1983 a company called knickerbocker was looking to release the 4 non penny race mini bots as “Mysterians” and went to both DC and marvel and got story treatments made before they were bought out by hasbro, you can read about it in Jim shooters blog.
    The Secret Origin of the TRANSFORMERS – Part 1 – JimShooter.com
    9E3F9FDE-A6EE-4451-ADA0-11FE0007B938.jpeg

The designs on the right that turn into boxes actually did see release, hasbro most likely sold the designs and mysterians title on to Marchon who released them. CD524E8A-B1A9-4430-8EEF-FD84B9BBD83D.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It's fascinating how they misfired on selling transforming toy robots initially, I first learned about the Mysterians in SF Debris' rather excellent opinionated history of TFs.

• Like Like x 4