The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Only stuff you can check unopened would be spotting any duped parts like two fists of the same orientation (not that I've seen or heard of any cases of that with him), the main documented issues I've seen are the potential for weak or loose ankles or @Lothar Hex's duped fin which you'll only discover by getting him out and running him through poses and transformations.
    Are you referring to a Blowpipe grey torso, Ash? If so, yeah, they can be tough buggers even with RiT but persistence eventually paid off on the toughest one I got (weirdly the first Blowpipe torso I did turned way easier than the following one), don't be afraid to keep redipping in freshly-brewed dye.

• Like Like x 5
  2. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    It's always nice to wake up to a Parcelforce delivery before having to go to the drudgery of work.

20190822_102949.jpg 20190822_103050.jpg

My, my... this is a fantastic looking dude. Tall, imposing. Everything I could want from a Jetfire figure.

20190822_104523.jpg 20190822_104546.jpg

Even his armoured up mode, which I will never have him wear again after this photo, looks pretty darn good.

20190822_104224.jpg

But the vehicle mode? Oh baby...

20190822_105929.jpg

Commander class is a winner right out of the gate. Now we need more. MORE!

• Like Like x 12
  3. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Scourge? Even better! Thanks for responding!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Here's a little fun mystery about hidden stickers on G1 Drag Strip's sticker sheet that make him look so much nicer than if one just follows the instructions. This was originally a mystery solved by Lee Cheney on twitter (some of you may have met him at TFN!), and taken a step further by myself here:

Square One: Hasbro G1 Drag Strip - The Hidden Stickers

Dragstrip12.jpg Dragstrip08.jpg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 13
  5. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    I know, it's not like he wrote or called, pretty poor friend in my book. maybe the TV work went to his head

• Like Like x 6
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    No body could ever truly be ready for Siege Jetfire.
    DSC_0068.JPG
    An aesthetic impact so powerful I'm pretty sure it has reverberated back through my personal timeline to seed tiny Chris' first conception of what a platonically ideal Jetfire toy would be after seeing Fire In The Sky and longingly gazing at the appropriate sequence of stickers in the Panini album!
    That exquisitely unaerodynamic copyright-skirting brick jet finally give form in the plastic (officially at least, 3Pedants, not even CHUG Jetters was so exquisitely faithful to the cartoon model that totally turned me off the Valkyrie toy)!
    A slightly-explodey transformation that, though this time I've done too much research to judge how instinctive it is, seems somewhat less rigorous than Springer's (though I am now feeling that triple threat transformation the more I run through it).
    One note for fellow jet-getters is, at least on my copy, possibly due to tab tolerances, it was a faff tabbing in his side pec intakes to the rear torso side tabs for jet mode. The torso back side the tabs were on kept flexing as I tried to tab on so, like me, some of you might want a glue spatula (or similar thin-handled plastic implement) to insert behind the torso side to support it and prevent flexing as you press the slot onto the tab. I suspect some time in jet mode might resolve that, or if not a slight reduction of tab material might be called for. That amounts to just about nowt on the QC issue front.
    Actually, I just readjusted jet mode to turn around his head and hide his manly chin from view and pressing upon the flex without fear worked but, yeah, it's possible working out those tabs might have helped so i shan't rescind the prior advice.

Also Shin Guns are so 1988, what's hip in 2019 is HIP GUNS. You're so passé, Grandpa Max! :p 

And Kudos to past Chris for whim-ordering the Matrix Workshop bunny ears, he won't likely be long displayed fully armoured-up but I'll be glad to have that option!

• Like Like x 12
  7. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

A bit of positive news from Chateau Skywarp. As a lot of you know I was taken quite seriously and quite unexpectedly ill a short time ago. Thankfully the prognosis was always good, I just needed to build myself back up again.

My job involves using some heavy machinery and there are all sorts of Health and Safety implications around them for obvious reasons.

8 weeks ago I was in intensive care, I’ve been back at work for 6 weeks, albeit only on the projects team doing office stuff.

Today I passed my physical and medical, which means I can go back to my full role on the shop floor.

Well chuffed :D 

• Like Like x 35
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That beats out any TF arrival, mate, happy trails on the rest of your road to recovery!!! :buttrock 

• Like Like x 4
  9. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Amazing news! Glad to hear and totally made up for you, man!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Good to hear, dude, congrats and good health to you, mate!

Al the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 4
  11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    The more I look at Siege Jetfire, the more I look at FT Phoenix and think "yeah, I'll probably transform the official one".

Maybe I should have sold Phoenix at TFN.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    There seems to be an eager market for Phoenix, even long after Siege JF was announced. I'm sure you can get him sold real fast.

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Squirrel Girl has been one of the few Marvel comics for which I didn't already have one foot out of the front door, waiting on it to go to shit or reboot unnecessarily. Sadly it looks like that's about to happen as it's ending in a few issues and since it does well, there's NO way Marvel won't do what they always do and relaunch it with a woefully inappropriate/inadequate creative team.

TBH, I'm having serious thoughts as to if I can even keep buying the few Marvel titles I still get as they're creatively unstable and Marvel are run by an absolute cunt.

Making depressed people jump through hoops that you know they just can't jump through is one way of ensuring that you don't actually have to pay out isn't it?

Yeah, I'd hoped for someone with a little more zing than Larson but what I'm REALLY dreading is that wet lettuce Portman as Thor. She makes Paltrow look strong and charismatic, she's so limp and flat. Now, Gwendolyn Christie as Thor, NOW we're talking. Oh, and NICE ONE @Skywarp SCS !!

In other news, mere days after a TFN that I had to suffer through with a heavily curtailed budget I got a fucking tax rebate. OF COURSE I missed a reasonably priced FT Quietus reissue and OF COURSE I can't find a sensibly priced MMC Inventa anywhere post-TFN.

argh.

• Like Like x 5
  14. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll need to take this again when TC lands, and add in Skywarp too. But you know, the 'Cons have done VERY WELL out of Siege!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  15. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:

In all honesty, this does not look like a fun time.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @Ottertron I recently learned via Twitter that they've handed that w*nker Mr. Double-down on Nazi Cap at the least appropriate time Nick Spencer a Spidey title, and an upcoming set of foes is some EEEEVIL FEMINISTAS.
    I'm surprised Disney hasn't yet shuttered the place to protect their IP already!
    Now learning Cebulski-san is EIC so, oh, of course.
    I'll stick to just reading Immortal Hulk until they jeff that up, then.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dunno if shipping will kill this but MMC - Reformatted - R-36 Inventa

Also, baba has it Transformers TOY MMC Reformatted R-35 MAGNA Sky Lynx Leopar New instock 691054829657 | eBay

• Like Like x 5
  18. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool

Great news

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  19. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Question for siege jetfire owners- how does your battle mask stay on? Mine keeps boinging off!

• Like Like x 2
  20. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Spencer's been on Amazing Spider-man for months, and it's actually not that bad. Also, the 'evil wiminz' people are bleating about are just female villains who are sick of being treated like second-class bad guys. I'm enjoying it *shrug*

Secret Empire WAS a mistake, though, no argument.

• Like Like x 5