The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This shift needs to end. Though it has not yet begun.

20190821_214119.jpg

Sexiness awaits.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Collectotron

Collectotron Pretender Defender

News Credits:
    I'm not the biggest fan of Brie Larson as a person but I thought her performance as Captain Marvel was really good

• Like Like x 2
  4. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Please, there's only one TRUE Captain Marvel. But who is it...?

[​IMG]

:p  :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  5. Kohakuriko

Kohakuriko Well-Known Member

Just had a very quick skim over the pages I've missed since I last poked my head in but hope all those that attended TFN enjoyed themselves and that everyone is doing well - if not then I hope things improve for you soon. :) 

Probably haven't bought as much from Kapow as others here but I've had a pretty good experience with them and the few little problems were resolved quickly. I really think that Hasbro UK should employ a community manager (if they haven't already) to improve communication with fans and try to give a better idea of what's happening with Siege over here - should take some pressure off retailers.

Really liking Siege Thundercracker more than I expected to - Starscream was fine but I find Thundercracker's colour scheme to be more vibrant and appealing so he totally deserves to wear that smirk. Seeing pictures of Skywarp around these parts has persuaded me to order him from Amazon.com too and I'm looking forward to finally owning the main seeker trio.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, last of the Brawns. They also had TR: Roadburn (Chase)x2, Bumblebee, Scourge and Twinferno (Doublecross) if that makes you feel any better.

• Like Like x 4
  7. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Just found Lego Robot Wars on YouTube...my god, it's like all my nerdy passions at once.

• Like Like x 7
  8. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Lovely shots dude. Making me regret selling ripclaw.

:eek:  thou shalt not speak ill of Lagertha!!

• Like Like x 5
  9. JimmyWrong

JimmyWrong Well-Known Member

Honestly, I feel bad emailing you to ask questions because I get the impression you're an indie outfit under the hammer when it comes to supply chain... I'm happier to support you than go through Amazon US, because I assume you pay taxes and treat your workers well and they obviously don't.

Toy collecting can be a very... fixating hobby, I know I get anxiety and OCD issues from it. I dunno if there's any possibility for reconciliation with people, but this is my first 8 months of collecting, and most of my stuff came from Kapow. Be terrible if you went anywhere as a buisness.

You might have problems with the first hurdle cos the contractors are all completely awful, but if you have genuinely severe problems with depression and can't meet the criteria it is something you *should* get. A psych assessment can be helpful, a helpful MP's office if you have one too. But go to the tribunal with someone or with some representation and you're not dealing with ableist jobsworths and you've got a pretty good chance of getting what you deserve, including back pay. It's a horrible, horrible experience of course. They want to break people down until they don't have the strength to fight.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

I prolly could have expanded on that post, don’t get me wrong; I really enjoyed it and it was a great job all round by those involved....l just had to laugh at myself for being so oblivious to the wider “outcry’ about the movie when all I was worried about was the leads ass-kicking skills!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Negativity breeds negativity, I've been on this forum for 12 years and it used to be a fightclub of stupid comments but it was also fun, people have problems, I do myself with a crappy backstory a lot of my friends on here actually know but at the same time sharing them in a thread with folk you don't know isn't the best way forward simply because some in here just aren't very nice or the type of people you want to know your issues. If you don't separate the fun aspects of your life from the problems / issues / depression they become one and the same and there is no respite from that awful blackness in your head.

If anyone is suffering from mental health you can drop me an email at [email protected] and mark it as '' FAO Andy'' and I will point you in the direction of a transformers based mental health forum on Facebook which is private and run by a good friend which is for nothing but support in times of difficulty. It has a lot of fantastic members who will genuinely prop you up but without the fear of the subject matter being on a forum for all to see.

Also thank you for the kind words from a lot of you, it's nice to know we are appreciated in some capacity still.

One last thing, with regard to tact, you're right, shouldn't that go for me though when I come here as a fan and one of you guys instead of it always being because someone is unhappy but not conveyed it in an email ? it must go both ways ? it'd be like me dropping in that someone was rubbish at their day job whilst trying to chat about daily life ?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 21
  12. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Agreed. Hope you're doing OK sir.

Looking forward to Siege Thundercracker, mine is still with @Art Vandelay as we wait for a long-overdue pub-meet - used to be an almost-weekly occurrence when I was working in Newport...

I think I might be on for TF Nation next year - having sought clearance from my wife - probably first thing Saturday to late afternoon Sunday. Really looking forward to it, and the Prime theme means I'll actually attend the panels. Every now and then on this thread we go back into a retrospective about Prime and its toyline. Also despite not being bowled over by TFN last year, I really missed the hanging out with friends aspect this year - there's a small bunch that I chat to online on an almost daily basis, some of whom I see now and then, that I'd have loved to be drinking with.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Somewhat rude awakening for the household with an early*-morning call that turned out to be the Parcel Farce text alert for Jetters coming through on the BT Text-to-Voice service. Apologetical and remorseful I go to check my account, figuring I'll remove my landline to at least prevent the occurrence again, only to find that apparently I've only listed my mobile phone on there in the first place!?!
    [​IMG]
    They've managed to send a text to a landline for the correct address for a delivery for an account that only has a mobile listing.
    That is some next level over-competent incompetence that's almost competent. Not sure what I can do about that either?

* = For us sleepyheads at Casa del Seeaicho

• Like Like x 9
  14. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

@Red leader -
    damn shame - had suspected that might have been why you skipped out sunday at TFN - was looking forward to a quick catch-up ( life's kinda got in the way this past year, so our semi-frequent email chats dried up) - have seen the massively un-neccessary flak you've been blitzed with on FB and frankly it's disgusting.

if it helps warm your cockles, my Autistic step son was with me at his very first "big" convention, and his first solo purchase ( he's normally terrified of the whole 'person behind a till' scenario), by choice was from Kapow - i couldn't have been prouder of him.

keep it up big man, the UK scene would be a much darker place without you..

• Like Like x 8
  15. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have about 30 items ending on eBay in the next day, eBay finally let me raise my number of selling items

Check them out

In other news, I really am impressed with the Skywarp set. The seige figures really all do look nice but I have went all in on SS and there can only be one :p 

• Like Like x 2
  16. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

Double post - cos why not?

started opening the TFN haul yesterday - thoughts below

Triggerbots/Cons - i'd love to see this gimmick brought back - it's simple, effective, and really cool - SIEGE 2 maybe?
    SS Hightower - as with all the other Constructicons, he's bloody awesome - really surprised how involved the transformation is - thought i would be much simpler..
    SIEGE Brunt - i've been increasingly impressed with each weaponiser, and Brunt is thus far the pinnacle - would love a grey repaint for some Stormbringer love..
    SIEGE Reflector - only opened 1 so far, but the build quality is absolutely top-tier - great little generic army builder - actually took me quite a while to figure out their was a double-joint on the elbow to allow the camera mode -

still to open- SIEGE Springer - is there any way to tell before you open him if you've got a duff one? - what are the tell-tale signs?

• Like Like x 3
  17. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes! I read that and...

Agree with everything you've written. That really was a well paced, thoroughly enjoyable, done in one,. little comic and stands in sharp contrast with the current ongoing comic.

Thanks you! It's lovely to see you enjoying Siege!

Words for life!

Happy to say my Springer and TC have been dispatched and will hopefully be here tomorrow. I'm on annual leave for a week after today, so I'll sneak in and pick 'em up before anyone sees me and asks me about workloading, booking flights, or, staff induction.

It's a right pain finding scenes with Reflector to recreate. This might be really scraping the barrel.
    "Why he's chosen you for this mission is beyond me."
    From 'Night and the City' Robots in Disguise #9
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  18. Skjalddis

Skjalddis Generations Strongarm when?

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yes, very much this.

• Like Like x 8
  19. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Happy Thursday folks!

Whatever you get up to today, hope it goes well and we all have a bit of craic ;) 

4pmziv.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  20. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well one battlemaster took to the fabric dye but the grey torsos look completely unchanged, that’ll teach me for not listening to @Seeaich time to order some RIT dyemore it seems
    8D2326B6-910E-4AA0-AC94-337EE4A1EBEE.jpeg

• Like Like x 5