The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Skjalddis

Skjalddis Generations Strongarm when?

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just discovered the existence of the TFN exclusive Rune. I absolutely need to get my hands on one of these, since that's my girlfriend's name. There's one up on eBay for £60 buy it now, is that a reasonable price for one? Do they come up for sale very often? This thing has just become my grail.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Collectotron

Collectotron Dreadwind aficionado

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    No they don't come up for sale often. At last years convention I only saw one and that was a prize in a raffle so if you want one don't hesitate on it.

• Like Like x 5
  3. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

Well, e-mailed Kapow to see if I can get Refraktor(s) split into a separate order. Normally I wouldn't mind waiting, but with no dates for Thundercracker, and Brunt apparently taking the place of Schroedinger's Cat in uncertainty principle, I hope they can.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Sweet! Did you slip under the door Indiana Jones style before they sold out or go with Notts Bots? Seemed like about a minute after posting some poor bugger in the sightings thread pointed out they'd gawn!
    Still, It's gonna be neat to have at least a little something new before the death of August!
    I kinda love how Highjump seems to be keeping at least the spirit of his G1 predecessor with a bit of a weird janky robot mode, except now it's tyre knuckledusters instead of arms that start at the elbow and a weird butt-axle!
    Plus a rhinoplasty!:p 
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  5. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Went with Notts Bots. Nice.

• Like Like x 3
  6. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

If I knew exactly where mine was I’d sell it to you for cheaper than that but wouldn’t want you to potentially miss out on it

• Like Like x 5
  7. Skjalddis

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    To be quite honest, I don't have £60 to spend on a Transformer right now. So if you've got one you're willing to sell, I'd very much appreciate you looking for it.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Aw, yeah! Spread the reliable UK retailer Love! I've just nabbed a Red from Star Action Figures for about the same price as from Kapow singly to salve the wait for Springer. (I managed to resist Studio Series 'Bee OP by a hair's whisker.)
    I feared buying the pair of sick squid Lionizer's before he dropped might be a jinx but I just knew if I left it there'd be a very high chance of them selling out in the meantime!
    Such are the First World Problems of the dedicated TF toy collector!

• Like Like x 7
  9. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Got my package from Star Action Figures today!

80th Anniversary 1st Appearance Wolverine is my first experience with a ML Wolverine mould and it's about what I expected in terms of posability.....decent but the arms feel a bit "gummy" in places as opposed to a more solid plastic and the butterfly joints took a bit of getting moving but they really help with poses.

Claws are a tad annoying due to their bendy nature particularly after being more used to diecast ones on my Hot Toys figure and it looks like I'll end up having to reglue some of them as they seem to be coming loose rather easily but better that than outright snapping which was what I first thought was happening to a couple of them.

Paint apps are very good for a Hasbro figure and no noticeable sloppy areas and the design looks accurate enough to the comic art on the packaging. I wasn't sure I liked the smaller shoulder pads in pics but in hand they're OK and overall this will do the job until MAFEX Wolverine comes out in November.

I'll be getting another 2 versions of this mould with the one in the upcoming 3-pack with Jean Grey and Cyclops that I'll display with the bone claws and then the Age of Apocalypse version with the mad hair. Wolverine was one of the first superhero figures I ever owned as a kid as I had the Secret Wars figure so I've always had a soft spot for him even though I've never read any X-Men comics or anything.

80th Anniversary Hulk brings the chunk in impressive style, he looks great, is extremely easy to get good poses out of and having the options of fists or open hands for both left and right is something I think should be standard with all figures.

One area to take slight caution with is moving the ab crunch as it can cause some scuffage but nothing too major.

I've looked at all the other ML or Select Hulk moulds and none come close to this , it just looks "right" whether as this version or the accessory to the SDCC Exclusive Crushed Pipe. There's a few differences between the two including the headsculpts, some paint apps and the shade of green but IMO that's no bad thing and it's a great base for future Hulks and related characters such as Abomination.

Packaging for the 80th line is decent too, the comic cover with Hulk and Wolverine is also a decent way of cross promoting the Wendigo BAF as he was in that story as well.

The other figure in the package was the Walgreens Exclusive Thing which Star Action Figures managed to get a couple of pallets of and made part of a package deal with Wolverine/Hulk set for an additional £20 so I got all 3 for a few quid less than the average starting price on ebay for The Thing.

As is fitting for the character, Ben is very no nonsense, he doesn't have the same posability as the 80th Anniversary figures but has enough to do lots of punching poses or if you switch out the fists with the open hands you can have him lifting things or choking baddies out so there's enough to do what the character needs to.

The sculpting on the figure is Fantastic! ( I'll get me coat :D  ) some incredible texturing work throughout the figure, they've even sculpted some details on the hinges for various joints which doesn't always happen and both headsculpts have great grumpy expressions and this figure has so much character I'm not even sure the rest of the Fantastic 4 are necessary to accompany him.

I can be very dismissive of Hasbro's Transformers at times but have far less issues with what they're currently doing with Marvel Legends which seem to be getting better and better.

Robots = I'm probably getting Iron Factory Kaon & Vos in the next week or two which I'm looking forward to as I never really got on with the larger MMC versions as Vos was on the fragile side and Kaon was one of those figures I always found a bit of a struggle to get poses I liked out of it....no such fears with the posability from Iron Factory.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  10. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

This, this and thrice this. Never has the phrase; “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all” been more relevant, than in some corners of the fandom.

I’ve never made any secret about the fact I don’t like the Movie-verse. The fiction is tosh for the most part (Bumblebee movie aside) and I just don’t like the aesthetics. I understand the whole alien robot look they are going for, it’s just not for me.

What you don’t see me (or anyone else in this thread for that matter) doing is howling from the rooftops every-time one of you fine folks posts a pic of a recent Studio Series acquisition that you’ve been after.

“One fans MP Convoy is another’s Armada Sideswipe”

Props to everyone in here, not just for keeping it civil, but for a generally high standard of articulate posting about the franchise.

It’s a pleasure to converse with you all.

They don’t come up very often at all, exclusive to TFN in 2017 and they were £35(?) then (plus your ticket) and I think I’m right in saying they all went that weekend. If it means that much to you I wouldn’t say £60 is horrendous.

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 18
  11. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Cheers for the heads up on the Micromasters, just dropped an order in. :) 

• Like Like x 7
  12. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

If I get time tomorrow then I will have a look.

• Like Like x 7
  13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Rune / Glyph did indeed sell out at Tfnation, one of the best selling exclusives I've ever seen! I've never had a convention exclusive sell out in a single weekend but that's the power of Tfnation marketing!

The White version for Tfcon as Bugbite also did surprisingly well. Shame Skiff didn't fare so well.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Skjalddis

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 5
  15. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Just thought I’d throw this sales list out for the evening crew:

A4D3D51E-F914-4948-8B94-CE80E3B031F6.jpeg
    978D4BA7-938C-4192-B4E0-C5D80C05F7C1.jpeg

DC Universe: The Flash £10
    Spider-Man Origins:
    Secret Wars Spider-Man £10
    Spider-Man 2099 £13
    The Lizard £10
    MOTU: He-Man £13
    Marvel Legends Rock Python - £8
    Transformers ‘07 Deluxe BB - £13
    Marvel Legends SkullBuster - £10
    Marvel Legends Forge - £13
    Transformers ‘07 Rescue Ratchet £20
    POTP Starscream £18
    Transformers ‘07 Thundercracker £18
    DX9 Mightron £55
    Perfect Effect Warden (On Hold)

These have also been put up on Twitter (but without the TFWUK Discount!)

I’m at TFN if anyone wanted to collect, otherwise add £3 towards postage (2nd class Signed For)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Looking forward to the reveal of Iron Factory Victory Sabre, I know I've said before that I'm not keen on their asthetic, but I think Star Sabre and Victory Leo "could" look good.
    Would be nice if they did the whole Victory cast, would love a Liokaiser :) 

• Like Like x 6
  17. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Well got turned down for the job I interviewed for on Thursday. And I think the interview I did today didn't go as well as it could have. Got another 2 this week. One of which is for a part time position which I had hoped would be full time.

Blargh.

18. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Hold up the truck micromaster is not even at us retail I think

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :thumb 
    Keep at it, it’s not how many times they knock you down but how you soldier on. :thumb 

• Like Like x 10
  20. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Never give up

• Like Like x 7