The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Cheers! Saw 'em a couple of months back when they played in London, on Marshall Allen's 90th birthday no less! Space is the place.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Collectotron

Collectotron Dreadwind aficionado

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've only ever witnessed one proper arguemnt in this thread it was a few years back and I'll just say that s**t didn't just hit the fan it smashed through it

• Like Like x 8
  3. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if in a decade's time people will look back at Botbots as a toyline and say ""That was the 1st significant Girl focused toy line for the Transformers Brand" I just opened an 8 pack of them and 7 of them in the packet are female & the 8th male one is a negative sterotype against Videogamers. But then they also made one of the females a toilet diving slob so I don't think I can hold that against them when they seem to have written the bios and just changed he to she it seems like in some cases - especially when you look at the toys and they don't look at all feminine facially I'm not sure a female zombie-tuna robot who stinks of fish is exactly a positive female stereotype either. But it has some things in it that surely must be seen as female specific interest items. I'm sure Hasbro thinks it's Unisex (or they are trying to make it so) but i'm looking at a lot of pink and yellow robots here. I don't really mind that the line seems about half male half female - it's an unusual premise and it also adds loads of story potential if they ever do a cartoon. I also like how many of the characters have a male and female equivellent of a mould. It is almost giving me a Rumble and Frenzy vibe only with an added Gender angle on top - I'd be interested to know if Hasbro has a feeling how we are supposed to see these pairs - as siblings, as consorts (is implied in some cases) or rivals or even married couples - I am kinda curious about that.

But overall i'm starting to think ... is this overall a Girl's line ; ironically just as Sainsbury's move their Botbots from next to the girls line and in with the other Transformers.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Weird, short but still slow shift today as they try to balance my hours at work, got everything I needed to do done though with enough time to check Kapow for general stock Red Alert, then as they haven't yet I thought I'd give a cheeky check in to Games & Cards UK!
    No Red's as yet BUT Suprise, Surprise! They apparently have the Siege Micromaster Off-Road Patrol Powertrain & Highjump in! That's a bit of a turn up for the UK, eh?
    These lads aren't even on Amazon US since their weird truncated non-appearance/cancellation on Amazon US! Stuck a spare Aimless in with 'em because, hey, may as well get as little extra sumthin' sumthin' for £3 posted (plus I have an inkling some dye-able limbs may come in handy)!

Also got home to a delivered Shapeways order so I have, to cite the correct technical terminology, silver Molotow'ed the sh*t out of 'em! (After a quick grip check.)

• Like Like x 9
  5. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    Red Alert and Reflector (I really can't be arsd with changing that) on their way from Kapow - but as reported by others nothing else on the way. For a bit.

As you were.

• Like Like x 8
  6. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    Excellent box of things turned up today from @Braddock - a handsomely-priced bundle including Prime Cliffjumper, Classics Ultra Magnus, DOTM Murderbee and HFTD Seaspray - most of whom I had at some point in the years before the Great Purge of 2018/19, but all of whom I wanted again just for fun. Trying to take this relaxed approach to collecting which just includes some stuff I think is neat.

Definitely not touching DOTM Jolt ever again, though. Fucking awful toy.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    They've also landed at Notts Bots Co., so I've no clue what's going on. Did they send these to the UK by accident instead of the solid cases of Springer?! :p 
    And does this mean the UK has skipped the Sports Car Patrol? Good job I nabbed mine from Amazon on a whim if so!

• Like Like x 8
  8. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

dunno (also grabbed mine from our associates over the water) - but perfect timing for TFN ;-D

• Like Like x 3
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Oh, aye, you're right! At least there'll be something new at TFN! :lol 

BTW have you checked your Sports Cars to make sure you got a Blackjack and not a Swindler in disguise?

• Like Like x 4
  10. scamper

say wha?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I have no idea what that little piece is ultimately for, the use of it as a shield is reaching, and I use the term charitably. Perhaps it comes into play as Devastator, but I wouldn't be surprised if not.

That being said, personally I found a lot to like here. He's a nice simple bit of cannon fodder, a background 'bot asking to be killed off but with just enough about him to make an ideal toy to idly play about with. I get Beast Wars toy vibes off him.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Collectotron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    There's a variant running around of a black swindler

• Like Like x 6
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    There's been a number of Swindlers in Blackjack's deco been found apparently...

• Like Like x 7
  14. scamper

huh - completely passed me by - will take a look tonight...

not for the first time, i'm in total agreement - he's a genuinely fun bot and was well worth hunting down

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

My pleasure, most of that crew are pieces I have found myself in possession of in far too many numbers as they are just so cool (also see Classics Prime, every conceivable version of ROTF Bee...the list is too long), all except for Seaspray, who to me looks exactly like this -
    zelda.jpg

..that's you that is.....

etc....etc.......

Laters.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Collectotron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 8
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @Collectotron It's also the chest details that are different as the head and chest are the single remoulded part.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    @Seeaich, cheers for the heads up with the MicroLADs. Went on there and saw they had the Decepticon Micromaster jet set in as well. So that's handy. @joetele - you were looking for these?

• Like Like x 5
  19. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Oof! Just been emailing Kapow. They don't have a date for Brunt at the moment. Brutal!

• Like Like x 5
  20. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

I wonder what happened to late August?

• Like Like x 3