The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Imperator

Imperator Confirmed ninja consultant

Will they finally give Star Saber a decent alt mode, though?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Skjalddis

Skjalddis Generations Strongarm when?

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Good thing it's Iron Factory, really. The day some 3P makes my dream IDW giant Ultra Magnus I'm gonna need to dislocate my jaw.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Ride said beast to work day.

• Like Like x 4
  4. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Sex!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the film front, yeah looking forward to the fast and furious spin off too - more self-aware ridiculousness is good. Rewatched the meg this evening in hangover recovery mode - great silly entertainment.

Batman wise, I think I’d still take the animated series over any year ones/dkrs etc (not that I don’t like them well enough too).

That’s
    Awesome
    !

(Wish they had gone full gi joe though in terms of shoulder and elbow artic.)

• Like Like x 8
  6. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It'll very likely be IDW influenced so possibly.

Though it will still need to accommodate the jet combo with Leo.

• Like Like x 7
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Iron Factory Star Saber and Victory Leo eh?

Considering how well they've already done a regular sized combiner I'm pretty confident they'll knock this out of the park, it's what they do best.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Got tired of the trawling for increasingly expensive but still likely fragile options for lateral gunnage on the Ol' Fort and thought, "F*** IT! I'll just put a 3mm port on there and figure something out to stick in 'em!"
    The "something" initially being the cannon-looking twin thruster MSG thingummies I got on a whim until it turned out that the available space was somewhat hindered by his left leg's wee tank/helipad, something I hadn't considered while scratching my chin and staring at his right leg (I really have to start doing the ol' 360° viewing of Max when I'm looking to expand on his exterior). Despite him already having a wee asymmetrical extra I didn't want to go that way so much on his right leg so a rummage through the pile o' Diaclone bits and we have salvaged the stiuation!
    DSC_0044.JPG DSC_0045.JPG
    Plus they're still removable if my mood changes or a better 3mm option comes along.
    Hopefully this exorcises that particular creative urge, lemme be, Brain!

• Like Like x 6
  9. Skjalddis

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I dunno why sellers try and fuck about with eBay. I received a broken item, provided proof, bloke tried to make out like I'd broken it because I'd taken too long to raise the issue. I show the Royal Mail redelivery sticker to show that I'd reported the issue the day I received the item. A few days later, he offers a partial refund (no message to apologise for calling me a liar, of course.) I accept the refund, but it doesn't come through. I waited a few days, asked eBay to step in and boom, full refund straight away. In my experience, this is pretty much always how it goes down when a seller pulls this kind of thing, so why do they insist on doing it?

• Like Like x 6
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Neoteny. Behavioural Neoteny. The state of infantilisation brought about by immersion in a Capitalist culture which shapes people as consumers not providers.
    Step back and take a look at that behaviour, it is the cycle of responsibility avoidance of a toddler until brought to heel by the actions of a parental figure. Late Stage Capitalismitis.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Skjalddis

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I got off the boat again. Even the Siege appreciation thread is no longer safe.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    G1 Canada Whirl and Roadbuster WNS601-1.5NNC8100S151.5NN 1200.jpg

Whirl and Roadbuster

• Like Like x 15
  13. AkibaSilver

AkibaSilver Time Traveller

It's always good to get out once in a while, so you can remnd yourself why the slogan "Stay on the boat" exsts. Otherwise, we might get complacent, and slowly let the boat fall apart until we're all stuck in a Titanic scenario, clinging onto a piece of wood big enough for two.

Lost track of the metaphor somewhere in there, but it should still make sense. I hope.

• Like Like x 5
  14. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    Grounding in reality = I hate everyone, and everything ever * and no smiles.

I am now obviously qualified, and ready to work in Modern Comics.

*actually I do love Netflix Daredevil too. It was the only reason I kept the bloody subscription even though I have the box sets. I could of course hate the Corporate Cuntery that means we have no more Netflix Daredevil to come........yes, I could spin that.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

That's why i mostly say here and the movie appreciation thread. The two that stay civil (and i really like the movie toys).

• Like Like x 5
  16. Kohakuriko

Kohakuriko Bill

megscream.jpg
    Finally posting something toy related! Got a little cheapy lightbox recently to try taking a few pictures, in hindsight it's a bit too small for anything larger than a deluxe though.
    As a slightly anxious new member, I'm happy to see that there's a pleasant safe haven here.

• Like Like x 17
  17. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    The TFW Forums at the best of times.
    tenor.gif

I sometimes poke my nose in to the 3rd party forum but usually regret it. More to keep up to date on news than anything. The daft thing is that no other forum seems to have a similar safe haven. Allspark and Seibertron are just as weirdly antagonistic as here.

All hail the HMS UK Toy Discussion.
    [​IMG]

(The HMS UK Toy Discussion does not currently have any jets to use on it, or sanity. This is no problem at all. Honestly...WAIT COME BACK.)

• Like Like x 13
  18. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

been away for a few days (nowt much) - IF Victory Leo news has significantly brightened my day- cannot wait to see them smash that one into the stratosphere...

TFN is so close i can almost taste the hotel breakfast...

• Like Like x 8
  19. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    We didn't have breakfast included with our room last year (no idea why not), so rather than pay the supposed premium that Sunday morning we thought we'd trek to the airport...which was a mistake and didn't initially realise we could have easily cut through the convention centre (which we didn't think was open that early). Cue a very tired, hungover drive back after breakfast and saying our goodbyes.

I really wish I was going this year, just for the excuse to hang out really, even thought it's quite an outlay just to hang out and pay even more for beer...

• Like Like x 7
  20. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Good morning moi luvvers!

So obviously I'm a bit late to the party, BUT WE'RE GETTING FUCKED OVER BY HASBRO UK AGAIN? I've asked Kapow if they'll either separate Brunt from my Deluxe order or cancel it and I can get him some other time. I'd really lie Reflector(s) and Red Alert before the end of the month. Pisser about Springer too, but at least his delay isn't holding back another toy from getting sent out. I've been reluctant top pull the trigger on the wave 5 stuff. I think I'll see what happens with IDToys and Kapow's wave 4 stock before I pull that trigger.

As for the weekend. Well, I went to Scarborough (Scarbados to you, mate) and tried to do some art. Unfortunately my pentagram wound up looking like a starfish and things deteriorated from there. Needless to say, my arms are now burnt.
    [​IMG]
    Ut oh! That'll be my next stop. Did someone get upset about scale again? No, don't spoil it. I'll go revel in the misery myself.

First in the inevitable deluge of comic recreations featuring everyone's favourite Chief Medical Officer.
    "Warrior School" from The Transformers #7. An all time classic.
    "Megatron!"
    Welcome Chief Medical Officer Ratchet. You will be a most impressive addition...to my collection of scrapped Autobots."
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15