The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Wow, gotta say being away from the 3P scene for over a year now, it is as popular as ever. Quakewave and Utopia sold really fast whereas official and even vintage stuff still hasn't found interest.

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 11
  2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once you list *and sell* a few things they will up the limit - in stages to things like 100 and then to 300 and so on..
    Also once you get past about 15 sales they will not do the silly thing of escrowing large payments which they do to low feedback sellers

• Like Like x 4
  3. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey, thanks.

I have been busy working and working out, :) .

• Like Like x 5
  4. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

It -is- nuts. And yet it’s perfectly smooth and logical when you do it.
    That coming TLK Megatron of theirs will probably have to utilize actual spells though, I don’t see how it will work otherwise.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I sold a load last week. Flew out.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Commander is about £80, right? For a trailer done up in silver and blue, a little more stability to the weapon ring, the working axles, prime with the orange fade, painted weapons and translucent orange on the blade? Throw in the ss05 blades as well and I'd buy that. Heck, keep the clear chest windows and give him a mouth to further differ him from ss32. As much as i like prime with the faceplate, it would be nice to have some voyagers with a mouth, other than just evasion.

To be honest, if i were to get a classics metro, it would be Utopia. It just looks better than the official. 3p does tend to hold value for the most part.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Just costed a Brunt up on Amazon US to the tune of £25 including tax and postage.

Not horrendous given the £20 RRP on deluxes. Only two left so get in quick if you’re on the fence...

Treated myself to a Greenlight for only pennies difference from the OOS Kapow listing, so the exchange bite isn’t horrific just yet. Hoping TFN provides fruitful ground for the massive catch up I need to have on Siege...

• Like Like x 10
  8. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Are you into Brunt for a weapons load out or have you indulged in a big city bot to be his home office

• Like Like x 3
  9. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Ordered a Siege Starscream (for its tetrajet/Battlestat Galactica Viper mode) so should have that by the end of the week. Not heard anything from IDtoys yet re shipping my SS dropkick, thought they were shipping Friday??

In the meantime, playing with my legion starscream, as I said yesterday he is quite fun.

Love his crooked little smile! Very starscream-like!

AC88F1DB-1D47-4F05-9216-DA8CE9547F72.jpeg

I find he goes well with Legends broadside and the wst seekers.

F00B4397-41E3-4C96-8C00-4BC2910D78A1.jpeg CA34FCDB-E805-4129-A2F9-B3524D12DDBE.jpeg DA4BBE7B-FBE9-4D65-98F8-88DFDF919FBB.jpeg

The little legion prime has grown on me as well so he’s a keeper but bumblebee might have to find a new home.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  10. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Held off so far as my resolve on those city bots has stayed strong, couldn’t see the need for the companion bots without the bug guys....!

Famous last words.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Imperator

Imperator The last, best hope for humanity

Guys. So I thought the other day I should watch Bumblebee again, not having seen it since it was in the cinema. But then I thought perhaps I should watch The Last Knight again as well, as I think I've only ever seen that one once as well.

And... well, it's tough going? Like, this isn't just a bad film (but it is bad), it's just unpleasant. There's not a single character that actually likes or respects any of the others. Everyone's constantly arguing or throwing useless machismo around. I'm in the company of characters I would actively avoid spending time with in real life. It's also one of those movies that manages to be both too long and rushed at the same time, with a crapload of completely unnecessary scenes.

And yet... there is a point at which the movie starts to 'work', and it's the sequence in England. It's not great, but by comparison with the rest, it's just about tolerable. Then they went on the submarine and it all got too much and I switched it off. I'm determined to finish it this afternoon so I can watch Bumblebee though. I will push on through the pain.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I second this lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. Master Disaster

Master Disaster Well-Worn Member

News Credits:
    Bah-weep granagh-weep nini BONG!

• Like Like x 2
  14. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Don’t do it to yourself. Seriously.

You needn’t watch TLK to enjoy bumblebee.

For anyone who Is going to be at tfnation, a last shilling of my few wares; KBB obsidian black combiner wars Megatron with the dx9 upgrade parts, Boxed/complete, £30 tfn pickup

2A0378EA-AEBC-46CD-986B-CE4FEB7608EF.jpeg

TR sixshot, with normal loose limbs, boxed/complete, £20 tfn pickup

9E682F95-C801-4367-BE8B-ADB1ACF1AE14.jpeg

If people want these shipped and not going to tfn, then allow a few quid extra for Uk delivery :) 

• Like Like x 6
  15. Imperator

Imperator The last, best hope for humanity

Here's the thing... I'm not a completionist when it comes to toys - I'll happily get two thirds of a team and forgo the last one. But when it comes to media, I'm the opposite. It doesn't matter if you tell me that season 1 of X is terrible and it only gets good in season 3, I will watch the crap out of the first season, and either push through or give up entirely. Same with comics - I got into Marvel via Young Avengers vol. 2, after which I went back and read all the Young Loki Journey into Mystery to make sense of YA, then Siege to make sense of JIM, then all the Thor comics from 2007 up to Siege to make sense of Siege, as well as YA vol 1...

But that's how they getcha.

• Like Like x 2
  16. rikkomba

rikkomba Retired Minicon Guru

I would have been more hopeful if we got a Voyager containing three combining Legends bikes. At that size, they might as well be sold at John Lewis as wine bottle caps

• Like Like x 2
  17. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any fellow UK collectors potentially interested in buying Cogwheel (3P Legends Gears) from the maketoys Trash-Talk and Cogwheel set? I only really want Trash-talk (3P Legends Swerve). You'd get the box and instructions as well as the bot, and any accessories that are for him of course.

PM me to express no-obligation potential interest and how much you would expect to pay for the unwanted half. The set is £60 new.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

I've got a theory both Brunt and Reflector in tandem can add some great towers to Trypticon to help him look a stunner. Connect to leader Soundwave, Overlord and the new AstroTurf shed.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Collectotron

Collectotron Dreadwind aficionado

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So did Shrapnel just have enough of being a Decepticon? IMG_20190804_095945.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

A couple of new Marvel Legends figures have been revealed at a toy show in Mexico,

White Rabbit ( Mad bunny girl with a Penguin style umbrella.....I think I'm IN! :D  )
    Superior Spiderman ( Decent enough main figure but will be rendered somewhat less enjoyable than it could be due to non bendy tentacles. )

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 5