The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    I am grumpy!

Siege isn't really blowing my mind, been pretty disappointed with quite a few of the figures and molds.

now all this exclusive rubbish, I just want to buy my toys from one place, make it easy for the consumer. I can't be bothered searching for availability from several shops, even different countries. just make it available for all to buy.

and for the above reason, I am losing interest in what Hasbro is offering. I have never really been a completionist in the modern toys but I used to just buy everything for ease. now I am just picking up the ones I want but if they are making ratchet so hard to purchase, why would I bother buying anything else in the line.

Hasbro need to stop all these exclusives where people of different countries cannot purchase easily and they need to offer easy alternatives so you can buy the Toys.

why are Hasbro trying to stifle the profits they could make on ratchet and the rain makers? Hasbro needs to look at how they distribute their merchandise.

rant over, grr

• Like Like x 12
  2. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

That the Sentinel Re:Edit version? I've got their war machine with my marvel select Avengers, a fantastic figure.

Sooooo.... ummm.... I was slapped. Seige Soundwave on the way. I'll give him a metallic blue paint over to get rid of all his battle damage paint. And the Optimus Prime tpb vol 4 to get the free shipping, since I was going to pick that up someday anyway, and hopefully that will mean they send it in a box, not a bag. I like payday. I'll get the shockwaves lab kit for him at some point, to give him his proper tape deck mode. For those that have him, can the sensor pods on his back be removed?

• Like Like x 6
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @doucoo Can't fault your reasoning there, Doug, could it be after all the years of clamouring for the Collector's market to get more attention it's all gone a bit Monkey's Paw on us, and Hasbro have cottoned on a bit far too well to it?
    There do seem to be some increasingly-difficult (or straight-up expensive) hoops to get high profile characters, especially for us outside of the U S of A!

• Like Like x 7
  4. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    Indeed it is! Their War Machine is gorgeous, if you're ever wanting to pass him on, I'm all ears. ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  5. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    I've felt the same for ages with the whole - 'You're never going to get the last few waves' routine, just put me off buying retail altogether.

*looks at lone Jumpstarter on shelf*

• Like Like x 4
  6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    If Bodger and Badger taught us nothing else, it was to always bodge on. And to eat copious amount of mashed potato.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Skjalddis

Skjalddis Generations Strongarm when?

What's really annoying is that most of this would easily be resolved with better communication. It's not asking too much for Hasbro UK to have a statement alongside announcements along the lines of "New figure X will be on general release in the UK, Y and Z will be available as exclusives, stay tuned for further details."

The Ratchet situation is absolute bollocks though. They've really dropped the ball on that one.

• Like Like x 7
  8. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

OK, sorry if I reacted a bit sharply, I have a history of bad experiences with Who fans going back a number of years ( mainly on the fansites which're insanely toxic ) so I slipped back into "old me" there for a moment.

I have a decent collection of audios although I need to catch up on the Tom Baker ones which're my main area of intrest...I also need to get a new CD player as I prefer having a physical copy.....I think I've got "The Chimes Of Midnight" but would need to check my shelves as it's been a fair bit of time since I listened to any.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    I was under impression they don't know what's coming because the US market gets 1st dibs, and the rest is left overs?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Oh, it would be a full collection purge before I sell up that guy. But should that day come, I'll try to remember. He's front and to the side of my Avengers. I wanted the IM2 Select WM (wanted the minigun, don't like his IM3 weapon), but that was going for more than the Sentinel figure was at the time. So I splashed out on him after seeing Vangelus's reviews. And he is an absolute unit.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  12. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    I figured that would be the case of course! :D 

He really is a beefy boi. Their Hulkbuster is pretty much a grail for me, but you never see those around unfortunately.

• Like Like x 3
  13. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Snagged a cheap Fireblast Grimlock on evilbay. Alas, he lacks his wee dino arms, so if anyone has any going spare let me know!

Christmas themed dinobots for all!
    IMAG1324.jpg IMAG1325.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  14. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Nearly at the end now! My childhood G1 Transformers - Entry #23 - Micromaster Astro Squad.

Bought in 1989, Wood Green (North London, UK) - Toys R Us or Woolworths.

Astro1.jpeg Astro2.jpeg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 11
  15. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

Does anyone in this country have Skywarp up for pre-order? Might have to get that of Amazon.com and have it sent to the missus too...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Imperator

Imperator Confirmed ninja consultant

• Like Like x 2
  17. Collectotron

Collectotron Dreadwind aficionado

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 5
  18. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    That's the one! From a stylised line of Iron Men by the same designer that does the Flame Toys bots. Really beautiful stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Danbot

Danbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Looking for a Siege Skytread and an Aimless Battle Master. Has anyone got any for sale or leads on getting hold of them? I just don't want to pay through the nose on these, and I'm sure I won't need to. Thanks.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopathâ„¢

News Credits:
    God I hate this. I haven't heard back from the interview I took on Saturday. They said they'd let successful candidates know early this week. It's Wednesday and nowt. This morning I sent an email and I haven't heard back from them either.

The worst part of this is that a feel down and useless and I know that's driving my wife up the wall.

• Like Like x 2