The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Hig you suck.

I thought wave 2 had been confirmed? I could be wrong though.

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    There goes economic recovery!

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You secretly like me Jon...

Bruticus is the only thing that has tempted me in a long time, hope we see it at some point

4. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Craig missing out this year will give te rest of us a chance. 2010... Wow don't know how he made it home that year

5. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I thought it was in limbo, like most things these days.

Fire up the Red Leader signal?

6. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. Get your tracking number and find the Edinburgh depot phone number.
    Call them up and they can give you the long reference number the card will tell you.
    Then go onto the website and pay for it online as you will have to anyway.

I did that and I got my box the very next day. The letter didn't arrive for another 2 days and then it would have been an extra day for delivery.
    Customs suck lately. I had a £17 charge but considering the size and cost of the box that wasn't too bad.

7. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    56 minutes into Happy Overlord Day, I'll open him in the morning. Fingers crossed Cyclops arrives tomorrow, I know Andy has sent him and it's in the hands of Royal Mail (no chance then:) 

In less self-centric news but still kinda, I'll be trading at the "Sittingbourne Mega Event: Toys and Games" this weekend, and nearly all my stock will be Transformers. All you Kentish people come and have a browse.

8. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bit off-topic but definitely the only place worth asking- has anyone here done any post-graduate study? I'm plotting a post-grad in Nuclear reactors at University of Birmingham and am trying to figure out my options (ie what to do about funding, part-time vs full-time; apparently I can get 75% tuition fees paid for but that leaves ~£600/£1200 fees + living expenses for one/two years to cover. I'm considering a year of work to save up for it at the moment). Please PM me if you have any wise words!

Looks like all that lovely 3rd party crack might have to wait. Gonna have to stick some aside for the Igear stuff though, hmm

Also, I badly need to save up and buy a new xbox. Fall of Cybertron is looking mighty smexy. Dat multiplaya!

9. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Rockdown will always hook you up fast,
    This heat is killing me, not built for it, its even worse when you've a 3 year old to entertain when all you want to do is chill in the shade,

Sold,
    Had to go the evil bay route

Is it the 12 being released? I thought it was just the initial 6
    I'm up for a group buy on the kre-o minifigs and i think it could be really fun if we just devide the blind bags, No your probably not gunna get the lot in one go, but it will be fun to find out what you get and hey we can all trade swapsies (just like in the play ground at school) postage won't cost fuck all either, and its rare for us to be able to do something fun like this, its the 'not knowing what your get part that I like,
    Also minifigs are cool,

I'm in - just need 2 others and we also need to decide who the designated driver will be (the one who receives the package)
    PM me if you want in,

10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ugh, after being pleased with my last few TF purchases Hasbro have put out a crap one. In a nutshell.

Weaponizer Optimus Prime, bought with low expectation, came out surprisingly impressed with the figure. Apart from the legs not transforming anymore to close off the alt mode he doesn't feel particularly 'cut' to lessen costs.

Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime, bought knowing what to expect but still amazed at how small he is. Still, a decent figure, shame about the size...

Cyberverse Optimus Maximus. Bought with relatively low expectation but am slowly but steadily warming to the big guy. Yesterday I had him hooked up with all my other Cyberverse playsets with his legs outstretched and his feet pivoted to point forward, and you know what I saw? He was basically a modern version of Powermaster Primes base mode.

Weaponizer Bumblebee, oh dear. Oh dear oh dear. Tabforming shellformer whose yellow colour doesn't match in alt mode, whose release mechanism is too close to the actual guns (ie, press the engine to pop out the guns in alt mode, except your finger gets in the way) and his robot mode is a flimsy folded up kibbletastic mess. Also it doesn't help that his alt mode blatently has tabs restrainers for side windows, yet they aren't here.

Cheap and nasty. :(  And I was expecting great things after being blown away by Weaponizer OP.

11. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

I think the current ones in the wild are a preview wave, and what Kapow is getting is the actual first wave. Even the description says 12 to collect. Normally Andy is a little more accurate than Argos!

12. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    There are kreons in the wild???

13. Luffy20

Luffy20 Well-Known Member

Tikgnat, does your weaponizer bumblebee have loose back kibble.

14. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perhaps I should just banish you to the Prime and Movie forums?

:p 

Finally saw Spider-Man last night. Really enjoyed it.
    Andrew Garfield was more believable as Parker/Spider-Man than Tobey Maguire was IMO. Story was good though, about the same as SM2, if not a close second.
    They also didn't do one thing I have always disliked about some super hero movies, but won't say just in case others haven't seen it yet.
    Overall, a good film and interesting to see where they go for a sequel.

15. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guys, I've found some old junkers and bits and pieces that I need to get rid of fairly quickly. What's an appropriate amount to charge for P+P within the UK these days?

I felt that Garfield blew Maguire out of the water as Peter Parker. I had a little bit of trouble believing that he was 17/18 but apart from that he was great. Maguire delivered a Peter Parker who was more of a sad sack and a bumbler whilst Garfield's interpretation of the character was someone who was more competent and whilst lacking in social graces, actually seemed to be a decent guy and could turn the grimdark on when needed but not to silly levels.

And please let's never see Emo Parker again *shudder*

16. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds good, still not seen it yet so good to hear that Garfield is believable in it - never liked the Tobey Maguire version - there was never enough wisecracking. Toby Maguire always seemed a bit of a wimp.....

17. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This! I nearly walked out of Spiderman 3 with the emo rubbish (and singing). Singing? Really?:eek: 

18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Couple of new bits on my blog today if anyone's interested - particularly of you're an ocarina of time fan! /shameless plug

19. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Yay, but boo! WST Sixshot and Astrotrain have arrived from Robotkingdom, but I'm home from work at 10.30. Gladness and sadness. It's going to be the longest day ever.

20. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

2 Jet Vehicons paid and ordered with Kapow Toys.
    Going off to see The Dark Knight Rises soon.
    The sun is out and this through my door. Today is a good day! :D 

Attached Files: