The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    See: My previous comments about the ship probably having sailed on Wave 2 at this point.

Maybe repacks in future waves, if and when future Voyager Waves are released here.

2. jono83

jono83 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG] Just got this :) 

3. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I love Robocop, and I think the original worked so well because of the subtle satire. An american director would have played it purely for the action and the badassery, but the social commentary was a nice touch (and 80's yuppies are up there with Nazis for awesome love-to-hate bad guys!).

Also, did anyone get some LOTR lego? Thoughts?

4. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

I've got Gandalf Arrives, Uruk Hai Army, and Shelob attacks. Opened UHA so far and the figures are amazing, the builds in these sets are also more detailed and intricate, overall the line is awesome.

5. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Well, they did have 2 deluxe Knockouts, as well as both the Cyberverse vehicle playsets, if that's any good? Am tempted to go back there maybe later this week or early next week, to see if they will have restocked with anything else.

6. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Hey guys! Back from America!

I have bad news for those who asked, didn't manage to pick up a single Bruticus. Basically, after being told two days on the run the wrong information about the queuing process, I became extremely annoyed to find people buying 4 cases of the bloody things with no one batting an eye lid, as the people who wanted a single set where told to come back at a latter time or turn up at 3am to get a ticket or whatever.
    Because of this, I refused to buy any Hasbro products there. It didn't affect them in the slightest, and I didn't go and tell any of the staff members or act rude towards them, I just think the way things where handled was incredibly redundant. Surely a system where only 1 or 2 per customer until Sunday could be implemented?

Alas, I was pretty annoyed until I managed to find an entire set of classic TMNT figures being literally delivered to one of the stores. No sooner had the guy opened the box I had 4 in a bag, haha. I gotta tell ya, they are some incredible figures. I can't stop looking at them and smiling.

So yes, apologies to everyone who wanted a Bruticus or Cliffjumper :(  I feel bad, but all I can do is apologise.

EDIT: buy a case, a mean like, with several of them in one.

7. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Aha, didnt spot this- I hope so!

I can see the ground from my house, so it would be quite a sight to behold from my bedroom window :D 

It can join our new signing, Guedioura, who scored the 35 yard wonder goal in the 7-3 win at leeds next season....as money well spent ;) 

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

See, my big concern is that I don't think any of us have actually seen Vehicon at mass retail.

We've seen his wave-mates at Sainsbury's and John Lewis, but nobody's actually seen a Vehicon.

Yet, somehow, somebody was able to flog hundreds on eBay. That sounds pretty rum, to me.

Would it be possible for somebody to intercept a wave, legally, intended for retail and sell select items previous to street date? I'm not suggesting any illegality here, just asking how that could happen.

Tikgnat - I will have a look. Hope to bring you CV Magnus when I finally pop over to fix my Bluestreak.

Right, see you later, shitlords, I gotta ride.

9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    You've got lots of midgets and even more sideways and backwards passing to witness under SOD......

I guess at least your still in the Championship.....

10. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

Ha - nice 1. Leeds? You can score as many as you like! I'm an ex-pat Geordie and the toon are doing quite nicely. :D Looks like you're on the up though.

Has no-one found a Vehicon at retail then? Gutted as the prices on eBay are ridiculous!

11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    If someone went to that much trouble to specifically cherry pick vehicons, it would likely be someone in the know, and someone in the know would have probably realised they could have charged more than £12.99 each.

Meanwhile, Brooticus has set up a slalom on his desk made out of a bottle of sarsons vinegar, a jar of sainsbury's dijon mustard and a tube of saxa fine seasalt, and both of my vehicons are weaving in and out going "Skeeerrreee, Bwaaaaarp, Vurrrrm!"

12. Bonty

Bonty Dipstick Tapedeck

I'm a Wolves fan, thought he did ok for us when given a chance, which wasn't very often. Prob got too much skill to play in our midfield, like Mark Davies. I await this coming back to bite us on the ass.

Also, Green Giant pics! Hubba hubba. Can't wait, though the new head can stay in the box.

13. chris_jackson

chris_jackson Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    forgot to post this at the time due to moving house, but about 3 weeks back I went into forbidden planet in cardiff and found a vehicon. Picked him up obviously. Thee was also a knock out who has since been bought. Just bumblebees and a hot shot left now I think.

14. Luffy20

Luffy20 Well-Known Member

I got weaponizer Bumblebee today from my local argos (only one they had) and I will say it is a fun toy.
    His gimmick is really fun to deploy. You just push down on his head or what I like to do is lightly smack him on top of his head.

I do have one gripe with the figure though and that is his back kibble is only held in place by friction and is prone to falling most times you pick the toy up.

15. C0urtn33ch405

C0urtn33ch405 Banned

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  16. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a bad find at that price! Must be pushing for last minute bookings!

17. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Wow, thats actually cheaper than buying a single saturday pass. Thanks for that :) 

So if I buy my ticket from there, and my brothers youth ticket from the AA site I should be sorted.

I cant decide whether to pay the extra quid and get my little bro a weekend ticket even though im pretty sure hes only going to be around for the day.

Yes- at the moment I am that tight!

I LOVE SOD. He plays football the Forest way, nice passing football.

The football from Forest as soon as he joined was great at times last season...he nullified the Cotterill effect thank god. He was my number 1 choice for manager, and I thought wed missed out.

I used to really like donnys brand of footy under him, and you always a thorn in our side. I hope you get promoted next season, its a good club there and even though deanos might not be a great manager- I remember him sticking aload past your lot when we beat you 8-1 at bellvue in the late 90's and hes a minor forest "legend"

Hahah, fair dos figured you may be a leeds fan- your better off supporting the geordies ;) 

Im skeptical of the new owners, but so far theyve appointed a decent manager rather than a big name clown like sven/hoddle/keane/Ince (awful manager!) and signed Guedioura.

So its a good start, and fingers crossed :) 

What do you think to NUFC getting Carroll back? Good price it seems

In transformers news- I cant stop thinking of Erectors Warbot......not how it sounds....

18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TBH that's making me want to swear since I bought two weekend tickets atfull rate which is £50 more than the price there.

BTW did you send that Cybertron Prime? I haven't received it is all, no rush though and if you're at AA I could just get it from you there and see if I can get Minerva finished to give to you there and then?

19. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hulk - just get a weekend ticket! Be good to see everyone literally hanging out there own arses on Sunday morning! Sunday is much more subdued!

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yeah when we were on fire we were unstoppable but towards the end of his tenure his record was horrendous. His inability to make a sub before the 80th minute was infuriating but he'll have a bigger budget with you guys so we'll see what he is really made of.

As for us no way we'll get back up anytime soon. Rumours of Stock leaving tomorrow to Burnley and Friend is all but 'boro bound it all depends on who we bring in.