The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    ha ha, yes, I remember that one very well, great toy. glad I still have my spare.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime A smile better suits a hero

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just read issue 5 of the new comic...

It's not quite the big bang that Ruckley was promising, but it does feel like it's all coming together quite nicely. I love the world building - this is a very different Cybertron.

Poor Rubble though. I'm intrigued to see if he's actually dead. It feels like there's been far too much investment in him to off him at this point.

I definitely think that one of the problems people have with this is the very decompressed nature of the comic, particularly compared to the very dense storytelling of MTMTE/LL in particular. It may perhaps be a break too far for some. I quite like it though - I'm a fan of understated storytelling in comics.

Prowl's pet pterasaur was quite nice too!

Spoiler free: I like it, I'm not sure it'll win over people who are on the fence about it though.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

What a floppy fellow you are Mr O'Shea 2019-05-15-22-56-37.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  4. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Innit tho. That cheeky Ravage perked me right up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Siege wave 2 is still M.I.A., but at least Red Swoop and Ricochet arrived today.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  6. fourth_heir

fourth_heir Battles for the fun of it!

Nice to have a proper coloured Swoop on my shelf at last, but he's an incredibly floppy chap - clearly been on the engex (and looking at some comments above, it sounds like his buddy Rick was with him on the pub crawl).

• Like Like x 7
  7. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Had to take the day off work today after I completely lost it over my bosses stupidity on Tuesday - still too angry to go in - so I spent the day putting together the Kotobukiya Hexa Gear Scarecrow I bought at the weekend

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nice build, fun little mech thing with chainsaws hidden behind its calves that it can deploy like a raptor’s claws. Definitely going to buy more ASAP, probably the first one will be a pilot for this lad :D 

• Like Like x 7
  8. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hmm... I think this Chromia I found at Wal*Mart will have neck problems in later life...

20190515_143157.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  9. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wacthed jonh wick 2 now loved it only thing i hated was th absence of my dad hes away for work til the end of june miss him very much

• Like Like x 7
  10. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooh - had never thought about that possibility of a ‘where they are now’ sandbaggers return. That could have been excellent. And I’d never clocked that Karla/Smiley switch!
    Sorry to hear that - hope you can keep in contact whilst he’s away.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just seen that TonTon fella has started pumping out factory fresh legitimately acquired Wave 3 Siege. Brunt looks amazing. He's had me worried, the colour change ups in particular but nah, this thing looks the absolute sexxxah.

Another partsformer heartwarmer. And I haven't even smeared my sweaty finger oils on a Sixgun yet. More of this stuff. It very much has an audience.

• Like Like x 10
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

The MCU then,

Phase 1
    Wasn't on board from the beginning and only saw Iron Man 2 and Avengers at the cinema.

Would presently rank them,

1.Avengers ( Not too big and weighed down by it's own backstory like later ones. Had a great villain and I still liked main characters such as Iron Man, Thor & Hulk at this point. Still my favourite team up movie in the series. )

2.Iron Man ( Still my favourite performance from RDJ and think his onscreen chemistry with Rhodey V1 was much more genuine than it felt when he regenerated into Don Cheadle. )

3.Captain America:The First Avenger ( Never liked the concept of Cap but Chris Evans makes him likeable and Red Skull was a decent baddie.)

4.Hulk ( Liked Ed Norton as Banner and Abomination and General Ross were good antagonists.)

5.Thor ( Tom Hiddleston steals it, Hemsworth was decent here as well. Anthony Hopkins sounded like he was on autopilot. )

6.Iron Man 2 ( One or two good bits but the character was already starting to grate a bit and Rhodey V2 sounded more like he resented Tony than being his friend. The less said about Whiplash the better. )

Phase 2,
    1.Guardians of the Galaxy ( Fantastic. In Rocket & Groot it gave me my favourite Marvel characters and the movie as a whole replaced Star Wars as THE sci fi movie in my affections. Love most of the characters, the use of music, the ship designs, just about everything. Only downer is that Ronan was a bit shite. )

2.Ant Man ( I got over the Edgar Wright departure as soon as I saw it. Lots of fun. )

3.Avengers:Age of Ultron ( Best bits were the introduction of Vision and James Spader as the voice of Ultron. Not great overall but it did have a lot to live up to. )

4.Captain America:The Winter Soldier ( Too "serious business" for my liking. Not awful by any means, but one of those that didn't do a thing for me. )

5.Thor:The Dark World ( Tom Hiddleston was the only good thing about the movie and Malekith was so pointless he may as well not have been there. )

6.Iron Man 3 ( This was the one where I really started to sour on the character and after reading up on what The Mandarin could have been what they actually did was bullshit. )

Phase 3,
    Was definitely feeling some burnout and started to miss movies,

1.Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 ( Not many sequels live up to a great first outing but this did. Only thing I would have changed is killing off Yondu as that felt like something that would have been better in a 3rd movie. )

2.Doctor Strange ( Really liked Strange, Wong, The Ancient One and Mordo. Magic being introduced into the MCU is a great move as I never liked the "what you call magic we call science" thing established in Thor. )

3.Avengers:Endgame ( Thanos is a great villain, I really liked how Cap's story played out and got an awesome surprise when they killed one of my least favourite characters. Rocket slapping Thor was a great moment for my favourite character. The ending was predictable in the sense that other movies had set up characters with a personal history with Thanos which I feel should have been significant to how he was defeated but it was always going to be all about Tony so I wasn't disappointed by it. I also liked Ant Man in this one and as my introduction to Captain Marvel I left wondering why there's been so much criticism of her. )

4.Avengers:Infinity War ( I watched this largely on autopilot at the height of my burnout and forgot most of it by the time I got home. The only things I remember are related to Guardians characters.....Rocket and the eye, Rocket & Bucky being the choice moments. I didn't feel anything during the snap as it was blatantly obvious it'd be fixed in the next one. )

5.Captain America:Civil War ( Airport battle is great, not arsed about the rest.)

6.Spiderman:Iron Man 3.5 ( Tom Holland and Michael Keaton were great, would have liked it much more had Peter Parker not been reduced to Tony Stark's vanity project. )

I didn't see Ragnarok for reasons I've already covered in other posts and also decided not to bother with Black Panther, Ant Man & The Wasp and Captain Marvel due to the aforementioned burnout.

Considering I had very little history in terms of comic reading I've gotten much more than I could ever have anticipated out of the whole thing but the same issues that have kept me from getting into comics in a big way with everything becoming too bloated by it's own backstory have arisen and I'd prefer more self contained stories than everything having to tie into the bigger picture all the time.

I also think the big CGI battles of Heroes Vs Big Bad & Generic Redshirts are getting a bit "been there, done that". I think the next one needs to get nuts because a shitload of squirrels running about would give that type of battle a very different look :D 

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, a shame 'cause I think Marsden's retired from acting now, I mean he is 77, and we can't all be Christopher Lee! It's a show coloured by tragedy though, if not for Ian Mackintosh's tragic and mysterious disappearance/likely death imagine the abandoned Series 4 with (according to Lonnen) a wheelchair bound Willie Caine wrestling with his disability as well as his new duties as Acting D/Ops (there'd have been a running theme highlighting that subtle prejudice against the disabled with Sandbagger HQ being decidedly accessibility UNfriendly) and Burnside sectioned whilst recovering from his nervous breakdown (I suspect it would have been a tragic arc leading to his "recovery" landing him back to the role of D/Ops, or worse getting him bumped up to Deputy Head of SIS).
    Well, it's subtle and underplayed but that just makes it all the more devastating. I suspect a modern version of it would really telegraph it more heavily, you definitely need "Tinker..." fresh in your mind to really get it, it was a second or third watch when I really clocked how lost and broken ol' George is at the end.
    Not only does he sever ties with the Lady Ann but in the final scene he leaves the engraved lighter, the symbol of what Karla would call his "weakness", his connection to Ann, his humanity on the street where Karla drops it. As Guillam congratulates him (sadly, Michael French who, I'm sorry, but to me looks more like a Granddad than the ageing playboy spy that Michael Jayston was just so perfect to play, my one criticism is that recasting. I understand Jayston might have been unavailable but recast with someone who looks handsome-but-the-lines-are-starting-to-show, not a fella who looks about ready to pick up his buss pass!) with "You won." Smiley's, "Yes, I suppose I did." betrays that he is fully aware of the cost to himself and others, and that, to win the personal war between himself and Karla, he lost the argument he made way back in that cell in Dehli.

• Like Like x 6
  14. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    I saw that. Very fucking relieved to see that orange cannon. He looks the tits! Siege has totes redeemed the partsformer.

Moody boy!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  15. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Ooohhh, cineworld in nottingham are showing Batman 89 and Batman returns double bill this saturday. I do think I'll partake. Been a few years since I saw those two.

@Soundwavelover2004 Oh man, that sucks. Hope you can keep in contact with him. I'm sure he'll miss you just as much.

Kapow have confirmed that SS Ironhide kit is in stock this week. So if I can make some more sales, I'll be picking that up. And segue:

All prices are posted.

Botcon 2016 TMIII Megatron: £220 (never transformed, with all paperwork)
    Botcon Scourge: £24 (no paperwork, but includes key and sword wings)
    DOTM Ratchet: £12
    07 Deluxe Jazz: £10
    HFTD Deluxe Ironhide: £15
    Animated Bulkhead with reprolabels applied: £30
    G1 Chromedome: £30 (Stylor has one arm glued in place, otherwise figure is great condition, just faded stickers)
    TR Fastlane: £10
    FOC Vortex: £12
    FOC Swindle: £12
    Alt Swindle: £14
    DOTM Optimus Prime: £12
    HFTD Brawn: £10 (missing both pistols)
    DC Direct Arkham Asylum Joker MISB: £25 This is the reissue that had different packaging to the first release.

• Like Like x 6
  16. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    OK, I've added almost every remaining Transformer I have in my cabinet to the sales pile...

Siege Optimus £19
    Siege Megatron £19
    or both for £36

POTP Jazz £9

Cyberverse Warrior Shockwave £10

TLK Bee (newer camaro one) £9
    TLK Barricade £11

Prime Hotshot £5

Studio Series Thundercracker £15
    Studio Series Bumblebee 07 version £10

G1 Powerglide (decent condition) £7
    G1 Jazz with two missiles, no gun or launcher, some yellowing £10

Star Wars Black Series Death Trooper £5 each or two for £8
    Star Wars Black Series Kanan Jarrus £15
    Arrow TV series figure £5

And to the pedals:

Fender Full Moon Distortion £70

All prices include postage in the UK and if you want

• Like Like x 1
  17. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    I wonder what normal people keep on their bedside cabinets?

image.jpeg

Mixed Media within grabbing distance.

• Like Like x 16
  18. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    I've got a lava lamp and a drill, but I'm not saying I'm normal.

• Like Like x 7
  19. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Legends Blackarachnia by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr
    Jog on Takara.

"But it partsforms" the loyalists will say.

I say "I don't care how it does it, as long as it looks as close as possible to the source material, I'm good".

And it does. At a much smaller scale and pricepoint.

• Like Like x 12
  20. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    Considering the ridiculous price on MP She-Spider I think I may be leaning towards this. Don't care about a weapon partsforming (and who the hell does?) as long as it's a good figure.

• Like Like x 8