The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

Grr... starting to wish I had some kind of foresight and ordered wave 2 stuff separately instead of all at once.

Curse the siren allure of free shipping! Curse it to the pits of Hades! *shakes fist at the heavens*

• Like Like x 4
  2. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Now Hungary have Siege Wave 1 AND 2 to boot?! HUNGARY!
    So much for Hasbro UK fixing & oiling their machine, eh?

• Like Like x 8
  3. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

Just call me a Hungarian. At least I parsed wave 3 into separate orders, but wave 2 shall elude me until it is all present and accounted for at Kapow! Towers.

I still wouldn't be surprised if one of these days I somehow skip ahead a wave on a trip to America. Imagine stumbling over wave 5 while we're still waiting on wave 4 in Ol' Blighty :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Oof! Thanks to @barry posting the Pt.2 Warden interview in the Siege Speculation thread, and...
    Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 23.45.18.png ee3c64dd1e1c2beff13a7b8d7c0d6c2c.jpg
    [​IMG]
    That relation of heights might be just right!

• Like Like x 17
  5. Yankee0

Yankee0 I own one jacket.

Rodimusiiesers? :deadhorse: 

On which subject (the Rodimuselis, not the equine spankage), a little progress made:

20190323_005349.jpg 20190323_005404.jpg

Still plenty to do, more styrene work to go then putty filling the cracks and obviously a paint job, but the basic trailer form is there now!

• Like Like x 14
  6. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Ottertron - totally hilarious!

No worries Andy, and thanks for the kind words, glad it arrived! Yep, this thread is an anomalous bright spot in the morass of online bickering! And hope the bad luck is on its way out.

Yep, as @bcm77 says, it’s dx9 war in pocket thrust (pocket thrust? :/ ) - although the ko version. The Skywarp of this mold is what got me into legends. Just sayin ;) 

• Like Like x 10
  7. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    not good. sounds like the lowest sort of pond scum that are doing it

read your article at work yesterday, good read as always.

hope all is ok now.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    That's so nice of you mate, thanks a lot <3
    Times are... Interesting ? Long -and boring- story, spent the last few months fighting for my rights after being told I was fired and... Well, that wasn't easy.
    Now it's done, managed to leave with some kind of a deal, and I'll be officialy unemployed on april fool day ! (you can't make that up).
    After that I'll have to move back with my folks for some time (sigh) and start to figure what to do with my life.

But there's some good, I'm actually in love with a wonderful girl who is a tremendous help and every day making her smile is a blessing. Poor thing loves Ducktales now. And have been playing Celeste, Undertale, wears an Iconoclasts T Shirt... What am I doing to this woman ?

Also, finaly got a Switch.
    [​IMG]

But yeah TF wise nothing new for me, kind of a shame, Siege seems to be really cool.
    And I miss you guys, I really do, for what it worth, I still think a lot of you threadizens are among the best people out there, miss our fun a lot.
    When I'll feel fully recharged, you can bet I be posting here crazy.

Oh and hope y'all taking care of @barry, that @Vanessa still lurking around, that Oreo and Becca are still a joy for our own @bcm77, that @Avon is going full art still, that Kev, Brum Bot, Decepticreeps, my man big Jon, toybubble soap great box Hulk, Seeaich, Ottertron, Nice Sideburns, My sweatteaboc, Motor Man, We are la Foret, Tikgnat, Recon, Steve, Underlord, Un Sergent, Doucoo and Pablo (hope you two are still catching up for life), all of you guys, are fine and still kicking ass.

Love you.

Des bisous.

• Like Like x 21
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Hoping she is all good after some rest.

That siege omega looks phenomenal! If not for owning the y0ts omega with upgrade, i would 100% get that.

Hi @Large ! Glad your still with us. We'll keep the front light on for when you are ready to come back fully. Sorry to hear about your job but bright side, sounds like you may have found yourself a keeper.

I have a pic request if anyone is able. That voyager mp10. Could someone post a pic of it's trailer hitched to the original classic prime? I figure it'll just sit there but I'm curious how well it goes.

• Like Like x 11
  10. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    That's great to hear dude! Sounds like you've found a good one! I'm sure you'll find something new job wise soon, but in the meantime, I am glad to think your girlfriend is making you smile everyday too!

I am a sweaty fellow to be sure! :eek: 
    Good lord I hope you fine French folks can't smell me over from across the sea :p .

I totally have an image in my head now of a boiling hot cup of tea made from sweat.

• Like Like x 10
  11. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alas poor Optimus, I knew him Magnus a fellow of infinite jest.
    A1BD9192-2645-432B-936E-5D7A897B969A.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  12. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    I have cat poo all over the garden and dog poo all over the pavement. either that or one of my mates thinks it is funny to have his dumps in the vicinity of my house!

• Like Like x 5
  13. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

Another qc toy delivery this morning. The Slicer repaint of Toyworld’s Whiskey Jack arrived from China this morning minus his head.

The first person to make a “good warrior doesn’t need a head” comment gets a firm tutting.

• Like Like x 6
  14. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Nice!

You know, CHUG has given us some nice megatrons.
    IMAG0979.jpg
    Each one a little nicer than the last.

• Like Like x 17
  15. hedrock

hedrock Member

Was this bought off eBay? Can’t find any listings yet

• Like Like x 1
  16. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@Large,
    Good to hear from you! Glad you were able to get some sort of deal with your old employer and have some closure, hope you're able to find something else soon!

Congrats also on finding a new love, glad you've got someone making you happy!

Oreo & Rebecca ferret send their regards, they've recently moved to a new house indoors which they seem to be liking,
    [​IMG]Orebecca 1 by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Orebecca 2 by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr
    [​IMG]ZZZZ!!!! by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr
    [​IMG]ZZZZ!!!! part II by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

As for me, I've been in a bit of a quandary with the voluntary work at the farm over the past couple of months as one or two issues with how the place is run have arisen that have made me question whether I want to continue there but I'm in the process of exploring new options as I think the variety will do me good, particularly when it comes to meeting new people.

I've just discovered there's a dog and cat home around half an hour away so I'm going to call in and see if they need any volunteers and there's also a couple of animal rescue centres in the area that are within reasonable travelling distance so I'm aiming to keep moving forwards.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 16
  17. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    @Large - glad you’ve got something back from the job, and a huge congrats on meeting someone special.

It will all work out in the end, you deserve all the luck in the world!

So Bailey has lived with us for exactly a year today, and he has grown amazingly. And he has the kindest soul I know of either human or otherwise.

B1026974-6EF3-4953-89D1-DD990C0CCEB1.jpeg

• Like Like x 25
  18. Hubcap

Hubcap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @Braddock thanks for your thoughts on T&R Meister. I went to have a look today but I only found the version without the tail spoiler stickers, which didn't appeal. And then I couldn't decide if I would prefer Downbeat, Meister or Maestro. And I don't realise that both DX9 and X-transbots are making Menasor so I couldn't choose there either...

So... I pre-ordered the New Age tiny little Jazzlet instead. I picked up Harry the Prowlet today and I declare he is exactly the right size, and with nice articulation. If they come up with more of this, I'm getting out of CHUG and going all in for their shrunken equivalents.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Started fiddling with this guy.
    IMG_20190323_124744.jpg

Sold off the others except swindle. So swindle I'll paint up into iron fist and maybe paint this guy into someone. Maybe deathc0bra? Or someone brand new. An Autobot, to be friends with alpha bravo. Either way, vortex is the best of that team and works well as a stand alone.

• Like Like x 9
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

The Newage Bumblebee mould is very nice,
    [​IMG]WJ scale comparison by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr
    [​IMG]EVIL!!! by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

• Like Like x 12