The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    "I'd like you to meet a friend of mine. He's a duly designated representative of the Tyrest Accords."

20190303_163721.jpg

"And... what about him?"

20190303_164050.jpg

"He just shows up to look badass and not much else."

"And the red one?"

"He boosts ratings and popularity with children."

• Like Like x 15
  2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    So how are people doing with the TF-related drought so far?

It's one of the very few times in my collecting life that I have the capital...yet nothing really grabs my attention that's out now.

To clarify, have 3 PO's so far...MP Beast Megatron [paid a deposit so the price shock won't be too much], X-Transbots G2 Wildrider, X-Transbots Dead End. Last two fully paid for.

I've also bought another Macross figure probably days before its price doubled on the secondary market.

But other than those, not much is out that grabs my attention. I have Siege Prime and Megatron and love them [especially Prime], not PO'd any of the rest. At the very least I'll get the two seekers and some of the weapon bots because the effect parts are awesome. Omega and Jetfire look spectacular but unsure if I'll commit. Despite loving Prime, not interested in any of the other Siege Auto-cars.

Flirted with getting a V2 UT Challenger and maybe an MP36+ Megatron...but then again I sold [subjectively] inferior versions of themselves in December and not sure I want the hassle again in case I dislike them [sold mine due to some loose tolerances for my liking]. The DX9 Stunticons look good enough but I am covered by the X-transbots ones.

Realistically could always get a Siege Cog to armour up Prime. Only expected Studio Series figure I am mildly interested in is the new Prime [the SS38 one from the BB Movie] as he looks interesting to transform. Maybe the Leader Class DOTM one with trailer. I want to like Rampage [and the ensuing Devastator] but not sure I trust Hasbro with studio series tolerances on making their biggest ever combiner [two leaders, four voyagers and two deluxes? hmmm...that's one loose joint short of collapsing].

Thoughts/suggestions? Anybody else just waiting out on new releases to hit the floor?

• Like Like x 6
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @Knightdramon I'm keeping my hands busy!

To quote the Great Sage, Egg Shen, "It wasn't easy!"
    DSC_0049.JPG DSC_0048.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  4. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

I have ended up with a renewed focus on picking up MP figures Takara look like they won’t release for 15 years. Most are easy to come by, but Huffer, Brawn and Cosmos are proving more difficult (Badcube huff and Brawny, x bots klattu), X Transbots Cliffjumper and Skids look potential purchases. Also probably going to go back in to X Transbots stunticons. I like the fact they are MP car to size and not towering over them like every other company seems to do.

Then there is the evil Sixo and the anime Takara MP pics... makes me tempted to go back and get the plus versions. At least they should be more reliable than some of the 3rd party figures I have picked up recently (Quietus, Hoodlum).

Oh, also got a couple of G1 Headmasters/powermaster and targetmaster too last week. Longer term purchases will include Pointblank and Getaway, but think they will be expensive (like the original autobot and decepticons).

So there is always something to turn the attention to. Just means I also need to focus on what to keep and what to sell.

• Like Like x 5
  5. ToaArcan

ToaArcan Needs more Brainstorm

I'm dealing with the drought by having no money to spare until like the 12th.

I spent it all on TFs and Planetside 2.

• Like Like x 3
  6. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@Knightdramon,
    With Transformers I'm just waiting for the next lot of Iron Factory releases and Newage Cosmos.

I'm in more of a drought with 1:6 scale as for the first time in forever I only have a single figure pre-ordered, the new version of Tyrion Lannister from threezero and only the following are on my radar,

threezero Brienne of Tarth
    Unlicensed black costume Netflix Daredevil

I haven't given up entirely with Hot Toys but the decline of my intrest in much of what Marvel does has meant the only characters I'd definitely be up for more of are Rocket & Groot.

• Like Like x 5
  7. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    I have a g1 point blank mib, that I am considering selling.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skint until the 15th over here with moving , will also be busy moving stuff across until the 26th.

Still I’ve got nitro on the way and customising him into thunderwing will keep me occupied alongside setting up my detolfs now I’ll have space again.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    Got an MFT Chromedome on the way and a PO for Select series Ricochet, and that's all. Got a few Botbots, can't see me going all in on them though, gotta have a bit of self control :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime A smile better suits a hero

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I caved in and bought my first Battle Master yesterday - I'm quite smitten now! Fun little things.

I think I'll try and get the man cave sorted this week. It's full of boxes at the moment, and I've been putting off tidying them for ages!

• Like Like x 6
  11. Yankee0

Yankee0 I own one jacket.

For me its been less of a drought than a flood, woke up one day and decides to replace most of my collection with MP figures, and a couple of months later its filling out nicely, having picked up Masterpiece versions of Prowl, Ratchet, Ultra Magnus, Starscream and Hot Rod, plus OpenPlay Big Cannon and Big Spring as well as an OS Reximus Prime (he is a bloody monster).

Now to sell loads of bots to cover the cost....

• Like Like x 6
  12. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    IMG_20190303_220854.jpg So, you're my new partner, and you transform into a donut? Great to see that Prime is doing his utmost to reinforce stereotypes about about the police...

• Like Like x 11
  13. ToaArcan

ToaArcan Needs more Brainstorm

Speaking of my other addiction, I'd love to see a TF game that's similar in size and scale to Planetside, albeit... better.

• Like Like x 3
  14. fourth_heir

fourth_heir Battles for the fun of it!

I recall waaaay back in the earliest days Marvel UK ran a "Design a Decepticon" contest and my young mind hit upon the superbly original concept of a police car altmode, essentially just a straight up evil repaint of Prowl. I didn't win anything back then, but it pleases me to see Hasbro finally acknowledging my genius. :p 

• Like Like x 13
  15. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    @Knightdramon I've been enjoying the lull, with the firstborn due in a few weeks it's helped me to make sure I've all the stuff needed! Although I did track down one or two funpub figures to help fill the void like serpentor and seaclamp... And I did use a bit if spare cash over the weekend to grab a few micromaster bases on the fly.

@Seeaich love it! That would be part of a Lego shark right?

• Like Like x 6
  16. Yankee0

Yankee0 I own one jacket.

On a related note, anyone got an MP10 they are willing to part with for a reasonable price? Made the mistake (not really a mistake as its awesome) of going with the MPP10 before I decided to embark on my masterpiece spree and he is a bit big to fit in with the rest of the chaps...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I wish! Muggins 'ere didn't think of that! Lovingly/Fretfully sculpted from superfine white Milliput by mine own nervous hands. The extra eye detail from carving out his sharky sockets was a pure fluke of where I did 'em plus the shape of the original chest, I thought I was gonna have to mould some tiny shark eyes to go in there. Happy there's one less very fiddly thing to do now!

• Like Like x 5
  18. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    That is much more impressive! Nice sculpting. my nephew would approve. Apparently he spent lunch yesterday trying to fend off shark attacks
    IMG-20190302-WA0013.jpg
    Kid is obsessed with lego!

Can't wait to see the finished product dude.

• Like Like x 12
  19. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    I was doing a bit personal reflection tonight...

IMAG0940.jpg IMAG0939.jpg lzppew.jpg
    IMAG0937.jpg dwyktp.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I have a Takara one that's complete with all packaging, accessories and coin that's only been transformed once to truck mode that I'd like to get shot of....would you be intrested for £90 shipped?

• Like Like x 6