The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not even the original Generations deluxe one?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

My collection is fully thunderwing free. Bludgeon, straxus, custom characters, yes. But not a single thunderwing of any description.

• Like Like x 4
  3. angelic

angelic Well-Known Member

I'll certainly add you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    You sure that isn't a facehugger?

• Like Like x 7
  5. Maniac23

Maniac23 resident Tim

Its been ages since i posted in here, nice to see the usual squad are still hanging around posting lovely pictures that are most definitely relevant to why we all come here all the time ;) .

I am probably going to actually be getting out of the game in the near future and selling up my entire 700+ collection (daunting task) and know that it's going to be an uphill battle. Had a bloke ask me to sell mp04 to him postage costs free with a tenner knocked off my asking price yesterday. Needless to say i threw my head back and chortled like a muskateer at that juicy non time wasting offer.

Also any of you gents/ladies been having a go at apex legends on the xbone? Its a bit alright.

Regards

• Like Like x 17
  6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Quick picture of Beast Wars Jetstorm from yesterday:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oooh. Another fella selling up? Part of me is sad (leaving the fold!) and another part starts rubbing his hands a bit.

Tasteful, that's me!

Anyway I find buying stuff second hand means I can grab things that were HTF to begin with (like the SDCC Exclusive Skywarp I picked up from @RobotoChan) buuut of course because of limited availablity that means they get priority over current toys. Hence me being Magless. In fact... of the months 'budget' 99.45% went on second hand... yeah I know that makes no sense until you realise I 'may' have gone over budget.

But fret not! It all builds character, I'm sure. And the very worst case scenario is I pick it up at TFN. First world problems eh?

Anyway, I must get around to selling stuff myself. Not getting out the game, just having a clearout for space. As I said in a previous post, I have a lot of stuff in storage. WHY?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Top left deffo looks like the jelly John Hurt sees before he gets face fucked.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oooooh, snap!
    Along both these lines I set myself the dangerous precedent of pre-ordering the mafex comic series wolverine. 'Just a one off' I said, but then they revealed cyclops :( 

X-Men-Cyclops-MAFEX-Figure-Close-Up.jpg
    Love achewood - got around to reading some of the in-character blog feeds this year and loved them.

• Like Like x 12
  10. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

For fear of being your next victim, if you carry on adding people to your ignore list at the rate you have been, you won’t have any reason to visit the UK thread which surely defeats the object? You are asking questions of people but alienating a lot of the lovely people here or sticking them on ignore is not going to help you. Like I say not trying to get a rise or get myself added to the list cos’ naturally these choices are yours, it’s just something that occurs to me...

• Like Like x 14
  11. angelic

angelic Well-Known Member

Listen, i only ignored the massive photo poster, the nitwit who tried to falsely accuse me, and the guy who asked to be. I made my suggestion about the photo posting, it wasn't liked, that's it. I like tfw, it's tolerant of various opinions, as it should be. Whether the pics should continue? Well i asked the question, and the ayes have it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Another Siege related ramble addendum

This might sound funny, considering how prevalent Optimus Prime figures are, but I feel like I’ve been waiting for a Voyager Optimus Prime for as long as I’ve been collecting the Generations line (since 2013, if you must know).

Yes, yes. I know. There are several Voyager Optimus Prime’s available in the Generations line. I do follow the line and have access to TFWiki. Yes, I’ve heard that the 2006 Classics version is the nuts. Yes, I even own the Combiner Wars Optimus.

But everything available has felt, in one way or another, lacking to me.

I’m sure I can already sense an incoming rotten tomato as I write this, but the Combiner Wars version has been my default Prime for several years now. It was the one that felt the most like the dude I was reading about in the IDW comics. And it was pretty crap.

But now I really feel like the waiting is over. I have my Prime.

This is, if this doesn’t sound like too much, quite a beautiful figure. Once again, I feel like I’m dealing with some sort of mini-Masterpiece line, so close to the platonic ideal of a Prime is this figure. He’s (nearly) got it all; that iconic headsculpt and chest, articulation die for, and a spot on deco.

Is it perfect? No, of course not. The back and arms are a bit of a mess, the alt mode I’ll come back to, the gun looks wrong, and I’m irrationally irritated by the short smoke stacks, but these really feel like trivial complaints. This Prime is excellent, and any improvement on him, at least on the Voyager price point, is going to me a matter of refinement more than anything else.

So, how about that alt mode?

Of all the ‘Cybertronian’ vehicle modes, this the one that’s made me chuckle the most. I admire the sheer audacity of it. Even more than Hound or Sideswipe, it’s the G1 vehicle mode with some extra bits stuck on it. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t dislike it. It’s got some really cool features, like the various levels of clear blue plastic and the ‘easter egg’ hover mode. But I don’t buy into it. And if I don’t buy into it, then i can’t completely enjoy it.

But again, this is another trivial complaint. I’ve finally got my Optimus Prime, and he is -in the words of Delta Magnus- Glorious!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  13. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lovely write up @barry. Siege Prime is a must have, even with his loft conversion in alt mode. And his axe/shield is a bit wank.

I can't wait to get hold of the Star Convoy redux of POTP Prime. I knew there was a reason I held off the big guy despite him looking absolutely tremendous (I actually only bought the Prime Masters from that entire line, but hush.. darkness gathers).

• Like Like x 12
  14. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Oops...seems like POTP OP's stacks arent fully erect...was it a long day for him? :p 

• Like Like x 4
  15. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Leave it Steve.. He ain't worth it Steve, have you got enough money for some chips, ooh I feel sick.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    Ramble away, this was an excellent read! I'm also loving the purple backdrop, very striking.

I've still yet to delve into Siege, for better or for worse. But this guy and Magnus (and Shockwave too, who am I kidding?) would be top of the list. And with the Supermax funding not looking too healthy, I may end up having a few quid freed up...

• Like Like x 6
  17. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:

Lovely stuff, Barry.

Although you've reminded me I still don't have a POTP Optimus Prime. Need to change that, stat. So on a completely unsubtle tangent, got a few bits for sale...

CW Ultra Magnus, complete - £35
    CW Optimus Prime with Beelzeboss upgrade kits (and all the original parts too) - £50
    TR Triggerhappy with Siege Blowpipe - £18
    Large bundle of CW/TR/POTP collector cards, covering most of the toys released in that time. Dunno, whatever.

UK postage obvs included, open to trades because lets face it I am only going to spend it on toys or booze.

• Like Like x 10
  18. Maniac23

Maniac23 resident Tim

Perched like a bird of prey lol

It is both about money and space for me as having two kids over the past 3 years has put room in our place at a premium. Also need to add some more cash to the house deposit so it's the collection that's gonna go as with my aforementioned kids and the design career, i spend 0% time doing anything tf related these days.

• Like Like x 6
  19. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Got any Boxed G1 MIB?

FT Phoenix or Terminus?

What ya got dude?

• Like Like x 2
  20. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    POTP Prime is one of my favourites, just looks and oozes Optimus Prime to me, whereas some leave me cold

You need a POTP Optimus, he rocks!

• Like Like x 5