The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Oh, this one was definitely more...celestial in origin (or purports to be, that kind of attitude puts the halo-slippage about round the ankles at best)!

• Like Like x 3
  2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    In all honesty I reckon @Liokaiser1989 has collected all his stuff over many many years, I don't think his posts represent new purchases!

It's a similar thing to what @Sixo used to get when he posted his MP collection. It's something he collected over years and years, but when exposed to it in one hit a lot of people simply assumed he purchased it all in a short time hence 'you must be very rich'.

Now I have a lot of stuff, (too much stuff really) but I started collecting as an adult waaaay back in 2000 hence a (I reckon) decent display (pics originally in @kgorman79's twitter thread) but this is stuff collected over a period of almost 20 years!

D01kHHZWoAAKb5k.jpg

D01kIIpXcAAdoH_.jpg

D01kLmXX4AEyDHZ.jpg

D01kJVgWsAAK_T0.jpg

And there's so much still in storage... *sigh* Better get on that life plan of winning the Euromillions. While I can still play eh?

Anyway, I enjoy LioKaiser1989's pictures, most of my stuff is long past their MISB status and his posts are like a nostalgia hit. But yeah, not for everyone I guess. I will say this though, that G1 Slag almost had me in the feels (I had one as a kid! Still do!) until I saw the back and saw it was Quad-language.

Also, my spending diet continues apace! New month equals new toys! On a budget I decimated in less than a week... it's gonna be a long March...

Right! Sometime this week I will go to the printers and get a few more TFN posters printed... maybe even tomorrow? Yeah.

• Like Like x 22
  3. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I see you're still going on the 40k books! My WH Smiths stopped stocking the bloody things and now I'm epically behind... The broken spine image taunts me.

(I'm hoping for one of the £5 a book sales to hit around easter so I can start to catch up again!)

• Like Like x 3
  4. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    20190305_154341.jpg

I'm still going on them! I've never gone 'all in' on any of these partworks things, and I've never read any WH40K prior to that £1.99 issue #1 (well played Hachette, well played). My newsies specifically order these in for me. I guess I could go for a subscription but I prefer to spend a little bit more and support a local business, y'know? Also, I worry that dropping these books through the post may damage the corners? I dunno.

Anyway the latest issue isn't up there (#66) which means in theory we only have 14 to go... this might all be done in October! I am very behind on actually reading these though, 12 unread. Some fly by in a flash, some... kinda plod. Some writers definitely have a better grip on it being a dystopian satire than others I would say... a bit like 2000AD. Some writers 'get it', whereas as IDW's Dredd output has shown, some don't.

Anywa there's also a small pile of books there that the WH40K has delayed me from reading. I am particularly looking forward to reading the novelisation of Star Trek Enterprise: Broken Bow, as I hear it's quite scathing about the show...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I call this composition "Waiting For LEGOT".
    DSC_0046 (1).JPG

Now to...ah...wait for LEGO.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  6. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    My my my, what a mess.

image.jpeg

Mint in a box. But fuck all to do with TFs*

*But fear not On-Topic Freaks, I'm even now writing a fucking awful Fan-Fic in which He wrecks the IDW Universe with Deadpool. But not Squirrel Girl. Fuck Squirrel Girl. With a rusty garden-rake.

• Like Like x 15
  7. TeaserUK

TeaserUK Well-Known Member

Dear Yukkers - have any of you had any positive or negative experiences ordering from ShowZStore.com, please? There's something on there I wants..... :/

• Like Like x 2
  8. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Solid as, pal. Can recommend.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Excellent. Badcube gears and MMC Hoist both from there. No tracking number sent but arrived in good time. Good packaging.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TeaserUK

TeaserUK Well-Known Member

Thanks guys that seals it and i'm about to be £150 poorer :( 

• Like Like x 7
  11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    ContextlessJack.jpg

Seconded. Ordered many an item, one went awol and they sent another.

• Like Like x 20
  12. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Ive recently fallen down the SOC/FA rabbit-hole. So........

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

.......when I see stuff like THIS on the horizon (even at £240/50+!!) I'm real tempted to go full time Shogun Warror and make this the focus. And it would need to be because of the prices being Hot-Toys levels of stupid, there wouldn't be anything else left in the kitty. And they both combine AND transform.

But I'm tempted.......

• Like Like x 16
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    You missed out "once, and then never again". :p 

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    I've used them via @rubadubspawn. Quite good through him, get a slight discount and never had any customs charges even on the biggish stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Aye - as an example, Jinbao Bruticus came through customs unscathed and that box is the size of @Liokaiser1989's AFA collection pics (only jesting mate, we all love posting our various collection pics in here and I love your stuff :thumb ).

@motorthing - the temptation here is strong too. I love the retro robot renditions in SOC. And with the Mazinger crossover coming up I've got no excuse not to have another dabble.

I own one SOC - General Franky from One Piece - and it is utterly amazing. In many ways, via Flame Toys, 3A and certain 3P, we're slowly catching up on the game but it's still worlds apart as far as I can tell.

• Like Like x 9
  16. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hehehee, I wanted to find a BW Razorclaw at TFN 2018, but most of the ones I found were incomplete. The only one I saw complete was MOSC and cost... £35? Or something? Too rich for me I reckoned. Annnnyway @incapable hulk sold me his Beast Wars Neo one, which turned out to be MISB!

Not anymore though...

2019-03-05 (3).JPG

Mini grail achieved! He's a super simple yet fun bot. I kinda love how he has action features in both claws and he is (literally) a shellformer.

While we're here have a 3D anaglyph pic too. You realise I will have glasses to go with these posters I intend to hawk at TFN2019 right? If you've not seen them properly before, these 3D pictures will blow your mind. Or fuck up your eyes, I don't know which.

2019-03-05 (3).JPG

• Like Like x 14
  17. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Wiggle gif?

• Like Like x 3
  18. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    2019-03-05-(3).gif

Haha, it's like he's threatening us with his claw!

• Like Like x 12
  19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

[​IMG]Mirage by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

Mirage is one of those that has slightly surpassed expectations, I still think IF have work to do to get their vehicle modes to the level we're seeing from stunners like Toyworld's Wheeljack/Exhaust or the Mech Fans Toys Tracks that's just been revealed but their overall package is still the gold standard for this scale and this one represents a first in the form of rubber tyres which probably aren't feasible for most carbots but chunkier F1 tyres are doable as they can be made thick enough to be durable.

After Megatron almost anything was going to seem a bit more routine but fortunately for Iron Factory even their routine releases are great. A solid 8/10 from me.

And through a combination of my enjoyment of playing around with Legends and a bit of OCD I ended up rearranging my Autobots again :D ,
    [​IMG]Iron Factory Rule! by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

• Like Like x 14
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 16