The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Isn't 'Massive, contextless and stupid' this threads unofficial motto?

• Like Like x 11
  2. angelic

angelic Well-Known Member

I'm not really into the PC bots if I'm honest, which I kinda consider the fembots to be (arcee aside). I may be wrong, I don't watch the g1 cartoon so perhaps they all show up legitimately in that, but im not really a fan.

As I was saying to yaujta in a message, my desktop is 1366x768 so they look massive. Problem solved, and I wouldnt mind if he posted with any context like "look at my new box!". A lot of us must have insane amounts of bots, but don't post each one individually ten times a day.

Lastly, I am an old, but infrequent visiter, sometimes im prolific, sometimes im gone for months. I don't know any of the cliques, in-jokes, I don't give a toss about the silly insults levelled my way, or the little "you must be new" picture snark. Water off a duck's back. I like the forum a lot, most people are really nice, but im not a hardcore user. Keep the thread full of the pictures by all means, I was just pointing out something in that you regulars might not see the wood for the trees. No harm done, a few ignores added, carry on with the UK TF talk.

3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    FUNCTION: Scuttlebutt

• Like Like x 6
  4. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    This is exactly the kind of attitude that people don't tend to react positively to. Sigh.

• Like Like x 8
  5. ToaArcan

ToaArcan Needs more Brainstorm

Y'know what's odd? As terrible as that vehicle form is, I'm still really down for Siegescream.

I think it's probably because I didn't much care for the vehicle mode in the first place. I just want that gloriously articulate robot mode. And hey, if it can fold up into something vaguely resembling a plane that's fine by me.

• Like Like x 9
  6. angelic

I love the tetra jet, I dont see the hate. I can't wait to get hold of him.

7. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

That's just Liokaiser showing off his collection (yes, he has confirmed to me in the past he does have all these MISB guys he posts). He tends to look at one each day and likes to post pics of the one he's looking at. And if you ask him about one, he will engage in conversation about it. I realise I'm late and you've got it all sorted, but no one actually explained the why of his pics. As for the thread itself, think of it more like a table in a pub that we gather around and chill, talking about whatever comes to mind, be it harmless fluff or more serious stuff.

That Seige soundwave has gone waaayyyyyy overkill with the damage effect. And screamer.... personally I think it would look better if he had pointed wing tips. And a wash. Lol.

• Like Like x 10
  8. angelic

Its fine, its a shame to ignore a probable nice person, its clear more people like it than don't.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have a weird liking for that tetrajet. I can be quite forgiving of the legs hanging under it since a) it's a scifi spaceplane, and b) they'll make it really easy to give him a gerwalk mode.

Surprisingly, Siegescream is going to be the first Starscream I've bought since the T30 Armadascream. I'm not a huge fan of the character, but I'm surprised I haven't picked any others up since then!

• Like Like x 7
  10. Hubcap

Hubcap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always like Liokaiser's pictures :)  beautiful box art and some nice rare finds.

Speaking of which, somebody literally grabbed a beautiful MISB Encore Chromestreak from under my nose last week. I'll probably never see one again.... Although it was such beautiful condition, I suspected it might be a recent KO.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Hey, I will be completely honest on this. I don’t particularly enjoy Lio’s image posts, but a long time ago I pressed the ignore button so now I don’t see them. Completely my preference, but means others can enjoy them and I don’t have to.

Simple, easy to do and nobody else in the world was aware till now. I am quite sure some people won’t see this post as I will have annoyed them at some point and they ignore me now. ‘Tis just how it is.

Now someone please convince me not to go down the mp+ thread, and I am better off not having Artfire and Cordon too... please!

• Like Like x 12
  12. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    I thought that was just me.................

@Seeaich

Definitely a rather unpleasant gust blowing through the UK oasis, windbreak deployed!

Per your quote above, for the record, it wasn't me! The wife will probably not agree!

• Like Like x 7
  13. angelic

Super basic question, which sieges are due in april, not including minis. I see soundwave, starscream, ironhide, prowl, sixgun, chromia. That it?

14. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Yeah, love the robot, not a fan of the jet, but I like real life vehicles etc. Each to their own and all that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

I just cant grasp how much he had to pay for all of those...MISB G1 stuff is the most expensive area of TFs, Lio must have a fucking money printing machine in his basement.

I cant believe someone of normal financial means can afford all of those..it sometimes makes me a little jealous (and sometimes a little resentful)...but you cant say his pics arent impressive.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Iron Factory Mirage will be here between 2:43-3:43 :) 

I also put in a small Toyhax order consisting of,

Iron Factory Jetfire set
    Faction symbols for small Transformers with clear and silver backs.

Would also like to thank @Yankee0, for taking my other MP10 off my hands and it's now en route!

• Like Like x 8
  17. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Damn, I havent bought a bot since Boxing Day when i grabbed Siege Optimus, the rest of Siege looks great but something is holding me back...maybe I am getting a bit burnt out....maybe I will just stick with my fav characters and see how we go...hopefully Siege Jazz, Grimlock and Astrotrain are coming.

18. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Your not alone there dude. A stupidly neon repaint into Actionmaster Thundercracker is called for!

Also, I could see it would potentially possible for a 3rd party company to produce a replacement shell to make a different styled jet.... with folded legs hanging off it.

Good man yourself, new challenges and a change of scenery can do wonders!

We should get that on a plaque in latin (sneaky google translate) 'Vulgus, et stultus contextless'

• Like Like x 13
  19. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    It is nice how the Siege blast effects are backwards compatible with older figures.

thrust.jpg
    cannon.jpg bang.jpg
    kill.jpg

I can't wait to have a mess around with the ones that come with Omega and Jetfire.

• Like Like x 20
  20. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

big love to Overlord he is super cool
    2018-02-08-11-14-40.jpg

• Like Like x 16