The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Agree with everything here, but I don't think their appearance as a combiners has anything to do with LSOTW, I think Hasbro just did it because the Wreckers vibe has their attention (especially after the movie and TF:p ). If it was because of LSOTW I think they would have chosen a more contemporary team.
    Gotta say, no matter what anyone thinks of the combiner good or bad, I would not identify that figure as Impactor if I didn't know, and for that I can't buy it.

2. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The head's nice on Impactor, but that Onslaught mold just looks fugly. I'm very pleased that I have the excuse to buy the Brawl and Blastoff molds, though I'll be sad to miss out on the Swindle one. Hopefully we see an Ironfist remold sometime down the line!

And that Vortex mold, while kinda pretty, really gets the short end of the stick with the constantly ugly colourations. Why red, why so much of it!?

EDIT: And is it just me, or does Ruination's head look suspiciously like Emirate Xaaron?

3. Luffy20

Luffy20 Well-Known Member

I have a question regarding G2 Bruticus on Amazon.com.

Can I use my Amazon uk account on amazon.com? Or do I need to set up a new account.

4. HugeBadWolf

HugeBadWolf XO in charge of radishes

News Credits:
    Yr UK account will work on amazon.com
    Cheers,
    Doug

5. Luffy20

Luffy20 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the quick answer.

6. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

My take on the Wreckers,

FansProject have made Springer and are also doing Broadside

iGear are releasing Impactor and have also shown headsculpts for Ironfist, Pyro, Rotorstorm & Guzzle

CM Corporation's Mugen Calibur IS Roadbuster, albeit with a different color scheme

Hasbro's Wreckers?

Lazy retools of a piss poor combiner.

3rd parties & CM Corporation for the win.

7. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ this is so true on the wreckers subject. The repaints that hasbro are doing seem quite half arsed and the FOC bruticus just doesn't look that good to me. I just can't seem to like it no matter what. The bots look better in their singular forms.

But in general im quite excited for a number of the other releases such as blaster and of course grimlock

8. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I'm in for a group buy,
    I'd be after galv.. I mean black voyager megs,
    And possible bee as he reminds me of gold bugs colours

Galvys cool, needs some love, all hail etc..
    The galvo magnus battles in the old UK comic were just epic, magnus always knew he was never gunna win but he always kept on having a go,
    Magnus is a true have a go hero, while prime now just bugs me with his wisdom and all life is precious including evil do'ers
    I'm now gunna leave 86 in the past where it belongs,

Blaster has my attention, but if i had to choose just 1 deco from that voyager mold - soundblaster gets my vote,

9. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

TFC & MakeToys have set the standard for combiners and anything less for me just doesn't cut it and I certainly won't be fobbed off with Wreckers made from the FOC Combaticons.

Give or take a couple of Takara Masterpieces ( couldn't miss Sideswipe & Red Alert ) I've been more or less 3rd party only for a good while now and nothing that was shown at Botcon or SDCC has given me any cause to change my direction.

10. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Chaps, sorry if it's already been mentioned in this thread but just a tip off i noticed on seibertron. Apparently am gaia unicron is going the way of breakdown and is not lined up for a hasbro release, so it may be an idea to place a preorder if it's one you're interested in.

11. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is when I wish it had clearer pics to judge it with before the stampede :) 

12. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the one hand it seems excessive, but on the other three of the four have been Bruticus and 2 have pretty valid reasons for being. Aimed at kids retail and aimed at collectors fans of FOC version make a lot of sense, even if making it a SDCC exclusive might not have been such a great idea. Hasbro seem to have finally worked out G2 has a following that can sustain exclusive releases without the "why isnt this at retail?" rage that virtually every exclusive suffers. I guess I am a little surprised the G2 version isn't the SDCC exclusive though.

As for the Wreckers I take it as a good sign that Hasbro are taking an interest especially with Impactor. While I wont claim its a fantastic looking toy (the head is though) I wonder if its just a place holder, to claim the name and Impactor the character as one of their own for legal purposes. Its probably good for them to have released an Impactor before any third parties.

The Jumpstarters and Roadbuster actually work surprisingly well for me. In some respects Rotorstorm might have worked better than Whirl, but I appreciate the old school UK line up.

The colours are an odd choice, but figure G2 onslaught probably eliminated Yellow and purple as options so orange and blue got the nod, plus people have mentioned its close to the RID Ruination colours. Also I like that they do make a uniform ish colour for Xaron.

My only real grip is that when I first saw it I thought it was called Rack n Ruin, which would have been perfect. Also I suppose I might have liked Xarron as the onslaught reuse and Impactor the combined form. Make the big warrior big and probably one of the limbs could have formed a good harpoon hand.

I bought all for of these on ebay about 3 hours before the SDCC announcement. I feel a bit dumb, but having seen the pics CJ and Springer have both gone up in my opinion so I dont feel so bad about the total price now, plus I should have them within a few weeks and dont have to hope they make it over here.

13. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    Was the air date for rest of prime season 2 announced yet? On subject of gaia unicron are they any news images of him? The dark energon figures remind me so much of the G2 stormtroopers, knockout especially.

14. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't suppose anyone's up for another shapeways group order are they? There's a few bits I'd quite like to get in while money's not terrible (like Mirage's rifle and Wheeljack's leg extenders), but I don't really have $25 of wants still.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I've been tinkering with the idea of buying a cheap Knock off Metroplex or Metro Titan and painting it in Nemesis colours. I thought those kind of colours would suit the Stunticons too as a companion.

I managed to Find Botshots : Lockdown, Jetfire and Topspin today.

16. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I could be interested. I have a ko henkei skywarp that lacks any kind of shoulder launchers. So could do with a simple pair of black null rays

Also sort of fancy those shapeways fp insecticon parts that sunlink has put up

17. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah i could possibly be up for a shapeways order for a couple of bits

18. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I think the answer to both questions is not yet, unfortunately.

19. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Don't feel too bad, I have heard that both the FE line and the GDO line will be a TRU US exclusive. So, that's ANOTHER two lines that the UK is entirely missing out on, unless TRU UK jump on them at the same time. FFS Hasbro. :mad 

20. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

I just need to source a Wheelie, as I bagged the other 3 from Red Leader. Although theoretically would he be able to source the TRU versions?