The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Ahh, i've just realised what was wrong with the mp thundercracker in the display case pictures - it didn't have the til fins attached - how did i miss that - it looks fine with them on

2. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Sidebeckett, loving the G2 Plex...

Not having been here for a couple of days am I right in thinking that FE Terrorcon Cliffy is coming despite the SDCC one?

I is confuzed innit....

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Whee, back from a weeks holiday (Greece for a friends wedding) but come back more tired then when I left because this was the first holiday with my wee ickle one.

But as always I went on a hunt for KO Transformers, and did not come away dissapointed. This year I came away with a KO PCC Sledgehammer and Constructicons (who never got an actual release in the UK right?) who actually as KOs go is pretty damn swish. He has multiple *gasp* paint aps, and not those cheap nasty misized/misapplied stickers. Except for the blue PCC points (which are are molded as part of the main toy) and springs in the Drones, it looks (according to the TFW resources page) pretty faithful to the original. Except for the Plastic quality, because its made of that cheap nasty KO grade plastic. But y'know. It is a KO after all.

It even came in a KO PCC box, they went to the trouble to retype and picture everything on the package (going by the typos), to the point that when I first looked at it I thought it was a proper PCC release to begin with, and I needed a couple of minutes of careful study to really ascertain what it was. (You know how it is, when you go into a new shop you have weird blinkers on and you miss glaring/obvious signs).

I also picked up a set of 'Transformer' figures (packed with sweets) that are so hideously bad they're charming to me.

Pictures later , after I get back from work and take a picture of my RID Ruination for the 'Find that Figure' thread. (I fail). Then we'll see if you can guess which characters they are meant to be...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  4. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Apparently so. Possibly the shortest lived TF exclusive in history.

5. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I am not sure how they are going to make that work. Will they have GDO Cliffy on the shelf next to FE Cliffy? I guess that's why Brawn was not seen, it would be crazy to have him, RiD and FE Brawn all sharing shelf space. I can imagine the FE line being a store exclusive.... like pretty much everything else seems to be right now. Hasbro seem to be tightening their relationship with BBTS with the Dark Energon and G2 Bruticus. I wonder if this is a way of 'discouraging' third party sales through that site in the near future by gaining leverage.

6. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Cynic ;p

Well for the time being i'll hold off Cliffy pending some more concrete info. Good point about Brawn tho...

7. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    The more I look at them, the more I'm liking the new reveals from SDCC. The Weckers in particular have my attention - those are some great headsculpts!

8. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Ah, Ive now decided I need voyager grimlock. Dammit

9. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Yeah, that too! You know when there's been some good reveals when you start getting twitchy and insecure about how and when you're going to get you fat little fingers on them!

I think I'll get Blaster over Soundwave. That little Ramhorn is brilliant (plus, I've never owned a Blaster. Does anyone know if they have to fit into those boxes in order to go into the chest?

10. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yep. Pretty much. :thumbs2:  Will anyone in the UK thread who is NOT a cynic (read, realist) please raise their hands.... *looks around*.... Thought so. :D 

I have to say, I have taken an irrational dislike to the Wreckers. The concept just bugs me. Its a fourth deco of this set in a very short time, before it is officially released. They have chosen to represent a non-combining Autobot team with a repaint of a Decepticon combiner, because of one line in a comic, and everything else is compromised for 'the lols'.

Yeah. Of everything, Grimlock is probably the only thing that I am actually interested in from SDCC, and I don't think he is great, just the 'best of show'.

EDIT - Huh. I have just seen the GDO Cliffjumper... and I have to say he looks way better up close than I was expecting. I might even prefer him to the Prime version!

11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Agree with everything here, but I don't think their appearance as a combiners has anything to do with LSOTW, I think Hasbro just did it because the Wreckers vibe has their attention (especially after the movie and TF:p ). If it was because of LSOTW I think they would have chosen a more contemporary team.
    Gotta say, no matter what anyone thinks of the combiner good or bad, I would not identify that figure as Impactor if I didn't know, and for that I can't buy it.

12. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The head's nice on Impactor, but that Onslaught mold just looks fugly. I'm very pleased that I have the excuse to buy the Brawl and Blastoff molds, though I'll be sad to miss out on the Swindle one. Hopefully we see an Ironfist remold sometime down the line!

And that Vortex mold, while kinda pretty, really gets the short end of the stick with the constantly ugly colourations. Why red, why so much of it!?

EDIT: And is it just me, or does Ruination's head look suspiciously like Emirate Xaaron?

13. Luffy20

Luffy20 Well-Known Member

I have a question regarding G2 Bruticus on Amazon.com.

Can I use my Amazon uk account on amazon.com? Or do I need to set up a new account.

14. HugeBadWolf

HugeBadWolf XO in charge of radishes

News Credits:
    Yr UK account will work on amazon.com
    Cheers,
    Doug

15. Luffy20

Luffy20 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the quick answer.

16. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

My take on the Wreckers,

FansProject have made Springer and are also doing Broadside

iGear are releasing Impactor and have also shown headsculpts for Ironfist, Pyro, Rotorstorm & Guzzle

CM Corporation's Mugen Calibur IS Roadbuster, albeit with a different color scheme

Hasbro's Wreckers?

Lazy retools of a piss poor combiner.

3rd parties & CM Corporation for the win.

17. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ this is so true on the wreckers subject. The repaints that hasbro are doing seem quite half arsed and the FOC bruticus just doesn't look that good to me. I just can't seem to like it no matter what. The bots look better in their singular forms.

But in general im quite excited for a number of the other releases such as blaster and of course grimlock

18. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I'm in for a group buy,
    I'd be after galv.. I mean black voyager megs,
    And possible bee as he reminds me of gold bugs colours

Galvys cool, needs some love, all hail etc..
    The galvo magnus battles in the old UK comic were just epic, magnus always knew he was never gunna win but he always kept on having a go,
    Magnus is a true have a go hero, while prime now just bugs me with his wisdom and all life is precious including evil do'ers
    I'm now gunna leave 86 in the past where it belongs,

Blaster has my attention, but if i had to choose just 1 deco from that voyager mold - soundblaster gets my vote,

19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

TFC & MakeToys have set the standard for combiners and anything less for me just doesn't cut it and I certainly won't be fobbed off with Wreckers made from the FOC Combaticons.

Give or take a couple of Takara Masterpieces ( couldn't miss Sideswipe & Red Alert ) I've been more or less 3rd party only for a good while now and nothing that was shown at Botcon or SDCC has given me any cause to change my direction.

20. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Chaps, sorry if it's already been mentioned in this thread but just a tip off i noticed on seibertron. Apparently am gaia unicron is going the way of breakdown and is not lined up for a hasbro release, so it may be an idea to place a preorder if it's one you're interested in.