The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. C0urtn33ch405

C0urtn33ch405 Banned

News Credits:
    first time ive seen em on there and always check the site once a week, also have prime cyberverse dreadwing and ironhide on there but out of stock aswell

2. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Do you think the FE will be a full line or just a one off?

And will they be released in UK stores, in anyway possible? We deserve them more than the yanks!

3. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The listings have been there since last year, neither of them ever turned up though.

4. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

Pardon me if I've somehow missed it, but has there been any official word as to whether the MP Thundercracker is going to be released in TRU's here in addition to the US? Thx in advance!

5. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So there we have it. FMH posted that prime breakdown is having no western release. More rage and ranting. I'm glad I got my am version from kapow when I did I can see the price going through the roof now

7. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wondered why our remaining back order stock sold out in about 20 mins this afternoon, random! let the FE style madness commence!

8. nellie131

News Credits:
    Hahah glad you flogged em however dude! They gonna be like rocking horse horse shit!

9. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    If i was to ever bite on the wreckers - I think I would swap out the arms and legs from blue foc blastoff and slap them on the white jumpstarter, he's just too damm white,

Going back to my 86 leaders rant - some good points were made, I think the problem with galvy is that he's megatron,
    Just need to now scrap that idea and let him be his own person,
    IDW did it,
    Tfprime is pretty much a new continuity, so why not do this,

I would of been 11 when prime died and megs was reformatted, I think I was gutted but I did embrace the new leaders, can't blame them for the brands decline,
    Reasons could include - the kids were getting older,
    Novelty wore off, fads only last a couple of years, toys became way too simplistic, to big, too plasticity, too predictable and needed gimmicks to sell (don't get me wrong, I loved the head/target masters) but sparkbots, pretenders, triggerbots, none were a patch on the original takara products,
    I'm now finding a new appreciation for the true ruler of the con army,
    All hail galvatron

WoW glad I'm kept my am breakdown order after all,
    Hasbro must have their reasons and I'm sure swerve, and Silas breakers will still pop up,

10. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    It's limited to 1 per customer :( 

I'd suggest the screen prints too. Best idea fo sho.

11. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

As usual, please blitz this if not allowed, but here are a few recent things i'd like to sell to another member before ebay - prices include postage:
    -United axalon - includes card bubble etc 15
    -Am terrorcon cliffy, mib, window stickers have been applied fairly averagely ( i was going to paint it) all rest applied, minicon assembled 15
    -Am skywarp mib, minicon assembled, stickers unapplied 15
    -foc prime complete 10' i can include the card bubble which are in decent condition for 12
    -also have a terradive/ spacecase loose complete

12. nellie131

News Credits:
    Was ultra Magnus marketed as a leader however? I mean after all rodimus was the 86 leader not Magnus. Hotrod or rodimus should get a reboot in prime too! Or am I the only hotrod/rodimus fanboy in here?

13. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally digesting all the SDCC info.
    After seeing the G2 Bruticus boxset, I'm glad I was able to pre-order one when it went back up. And for the price it works out at, it's a great deal.

Hasbro sure are milking the FoC moulds, and to be honest, I'm OK with that as the repaints/remoulds look good IMO. Loving the Ruination Wreckers, though I might just leave them uncombined. And finally a Twin Twist figure that might not suck!
    I was already wanting the FoC Soundwave and Soundblaster along with the tapes, but now they've added in Blaster, it'll be the third version of that mould I'd get.
    I do like FoC Grimlock. Think he'll be replacing my Classics version, though more Dinobots would be welcome.

I'm liking that the FE figures are getting a release. Might get a Bulkhead now to add to my Classics.
    Speaking of Bulkhead though, I see the GDO Brawn version wasn't listed or shown.
    Good news that the GDO figures are getting a wider release. Probably grab all the deluxes now (Springer looks better in the pictures than previous, and the alternative feet transformation posted a little bit back will help) and the Voyager Megatron. The other two voyagers don't do much for me.

The Linkin Park Soundwave looks laughably bad. Though I would have laughed long and hard if they had used the MP version for this. The nerd rage tears would have sustained me for years to come.

The only Prime figure that might be of interest to me is the Dark Energon Wheeljack, who would be a perfect addition as a Classics Slicer.

14. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

If these dark energon versions are only going to be from BBTS perhaps we should do a group buy? I think i'm only after the knockout, although that classics slicer is a good shout

15. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I already have a pile of loot there, can see about adding a knock out to it along with the stuff I want :) 

16. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

That would be great when the time comes. I have an account there, but i've not used it for years.

17. HugeBadWolf

HugeBadWolf XO in charge of radishes

News Credits:
    I'd be up for a Dark Jackie/Sliver :) 

Cheers,
    Doug

18. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Transformers: Mememaster

News Credits:
    When the toys were released here, the marketing blitz here was "Here come the New Leaders!" Dunno how it was in the States. I actually liked both Magnus and Galvatron, though I think Galvatron never bettered his appearance in the Movie and Target: 2006 (mainly due to the menace Nimoy gave his voice, and me reading Target's Galvy in that same voice).

I liked Hot Rod better than Rodimus. I think Hasbro said some of the new Generations would be IDW-based: hope one of them is a new IDW Rodimus (and a new Drift).

19. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hear hear. A reboot makes perfect sense, they've reimagined everything else. Your fad point is a good one, kids get bored....All hail Galvatron. Is a decent MP or classics too much to ask?

Yep, hasbro even placed print adverts saying 'Meet the new leaders'. Not on your own, love Rodimus too but share the love with Galvatron & Magnus. Although a threesome sounds really wrong......

Edit: damn, the good doctor beat me to it!

20. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Always share my customs here briefly whether you want to see them or not, this was my latest work, just a repaint this time.

[​IMG]

You can view more pictures in the thread in the Radicons section. Ta guys.

I agree with Galvatron being his own guy from now on, the Megatron reformat has been done to death, it's old. I liked the IDW approach.