The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I kind of hate myself for it, but I want Ruination. Impactor will be repainted though, they used the right colours but just applied them wrong and Ironfist would work so much better from Swindle than Roadbuster.

Topspin and Twin Twist, well, at least they got decent toys now :) 

I might just skip Bruticus and go straight for the Wreckers, my Collossus should do nicely as the Brute. But maybe that G2. I LOVE that box.

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I respectfully disagree, sir. I think it looks hot and I will probably bum someone for it.

3. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Well, they're certainly going to get value out of that bruticus mold! I like the thundercracker but if i was being picky i'm not sure i like the tailfins....

4. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Knight Automated Roving Robot

News Credits:
    Grimlock was the only one interesting me, too. It wasn't a bad show from Hasbro, though. Looks like the 40 new figures for Generations will mostly be FoC based, as suspected. Strange they had the MP Thundercracker release date (though apparently we're not getting it here), but not the MP Optimus. Unless I missed it..?

5. BlackJackuk

BlackJackuk Well-Known Member

Your FE Cliff has settled in nicely into his new home sir! :D 

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do it, it'll be better to pose because of it. No hip kibble ball joint :scalper 

Strange thing though.

No Breakdown.

7. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    A few nice surprises, but yeah, grimlock isn't the irresistible morsel I thought he'd be. Will still probably buy! Bruticus repainted into the wreckers though? That's a bit left field! That FOUR repaints for a set that hasn't yet seen a mainstream release!

And that dark Energon prime sub line? Surely a lazy re-brand of existing molds spells doom for the line?

Glad The first editions will be getting an american release, will we be seeing them here though? Over to you, andy! (if not, will you be restocking the first editions?)

8. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Heh, yeah, it was just the white design on the black tailfins i'm not so keen on

9. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, that was a crazy panel. A lot of news coming fast.... but I can't seem to get too excited about most of it either.

Not interested in Kreo, so that passes me by. Variants on Bot Shots are cool, but for novelty only and I doubt I would get a load.

I can't believe that not only is there yet another Bruticus redeco, but they are attempting to shoehorn an Autobot team into the party AND capitalise on the Wreckers with it? Seriously? WTF?

Grimlock looks pretty cool, but he is a 'wait and see'. Nice enough and is a posibility.... but that's about all that interests me, and even that doesn't have me jumping up and down.

MP Thundercracker is v2, which is excellent - firstly because a v1 release at this point would be a slap in the face to fans, and secondly because I have no interest in v2 of the figure, especially in baby blue. My wallet breathes easy.

Then there is Prime FE and 'Asia exclusives' coming to the US (I am under no dellusion that they will appear here). Meh, its good for those that like them, I guess, and I may get a couple from each line. Overall, it was a crazy 90 minutes, but I get the feeling it will be like a Chinese take away, when the dust settles I am going to be hungry for more and feeling a bit unsatisfied.

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    "Wreckers...combine!!!
    "No, wait. I was kidding."

11. Brooticus

News Credits:
    I did laugh out loud, or as the kids call it, a "LOLFL". Quote of the day.

I'm glad he's found a cosy abode! He likes the Beano read to him before bed.

Explosion of non-Erector-related butthurt in 3,2,1...

12. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

13. Brooticus

News Credits:
    It could be worse.

Much worse...

[​IMG]

14. Luffy20

Luffy20 Well-Known Member

Ruination should of used Rotorstorm. He did say for them to combine in Last stand of the wreckers.

15. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    It's just a matter of time before Hasbro do this. At least in concept if not in shitty execution.
    Was it this comic that killed thetransformers.net, or was that happening already?

16. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What are the four paint options for Bruticus again?

17. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Standard release, SDCC exclusive, G2, and now Ruination (which, admittedly, has new weapons and new heads).

18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh, I'd prefer a new mould, let Whirl have it, it was only a joke, and a replacement joke at that. Ironically Rotorstorm would have worked better out of the Energon helicopter. Cockpit chest of GTFO I say.

I expect to be seeing Rotorstorm customs out of the wazoo from Vortex now at any rate.

19. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nothing interested me at SDCC, Grimlock looked okay but not good enough to be a standalone figure. MP Thundercracker looked awful imo, hope Takara does a true G1 release.

No new TF's i want means my plans of getting the Hot Toys Tumbler gets a green light :rock  Wil get it in August/September as well :bay 

Edit: Just payed for it, my most expensive purchase ever (apart from cars)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  20. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    That Wrecker-Ruination was a bit of a surprise! Didn't see that coming (maybe a Ruination repaint, but not remold characters from another faction). As has been said, this is not the way to capitalise on Wreckers that've never seen toy form before.

Since I seem to be one of the few that really like the FoC figures - well, Optimus at any rate; that Grimlock is shaping up to be amazing!

Didn't look like they had much imagination with future Prime figures though: full-on release of the FE's and some translucent 'Dark Energon' repaints. Whoopie.

A mixed-bag of a panel, I must concur.