1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Neuta

Neuta Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  2. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    :eek:  an opinion of your own?! How dare you!

Have at you!!
    tenor.gif

Sexy. Can't wait to hear your thoughts

• Like Like x 6
  3. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    Well, this is nice.

Bleeding-Edge-Iron-Man-Revoltech-009.jpg Bleeding-Edge-Iron-Man-Revoltech-008.jpg Bleeding-Edge-Iron-Man-Revoltech-006.jpg Bleeding-Edge-Iron-Man-Revoltech-005.jpg Bleeding-Edge-Iron-Man-Revoltech-003.jpg Bleeding-Edge-Iron-Man-Revoltech-001.jpg

I love the modular nature of the blast effects, and the shoulder rockets have been my favourite recurring feature of the movie suits.

• Like Like x 9
  4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    For the briefest of seconds, I thought this was official, and not just a sexy as hell custom.
    Screenshot_20190111-212133~2.png

• Like Like x 18
  5. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Well, he kinda makes MMCs Tarn look a bit shit, tbh. Makes me wish PX were going to give him a go.

[​IMG]

I’ll tell you what’s wrong with him first - I would worry about transforming him a lot because some of his moving parts are a bit tight and the sockets on his side that the arms plug into don’t feel like they’ll grip tightly for an extended period of time if you keep on plugging and unplugging into them.
    If you fully extend his wings - especially with the blue plastic panels inserted - he becomes very back heavy and lacks an ab crunch or double knee joint to allow you to reposition him without having him lean too far forward, and in dragon mode it can make his legs pop out of the sockets. He could have done with balljoints on his dragon feet too for ease of posing. Finally, his face is a little bland.

BUT, he looks fucking brilliant in both modes, is massive, has lots of ratchets and plenty of heft and his sword is spot on.

• Like Like x 8
  6. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Evening all.

Anybody in the market for a MIB Masterpiece Year of the Horse Optimus Prime?

My ongoing search for more space means that this favourite figure of mine needs to go to a new home.

I only opened it for photos so it's pretty much brand new. It's complete and awesome. Yours for only 100 quid including shipping to UK. PM me if you are interested.

2019-01-10_11-41-53-01.jpeg 2019-01-10_11-42-04-01.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  7. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FEC2471C-9C6F-4941-9459-7939B5803CDF.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  8. AkibaSilver

AkibaSilver Time Traveller

@Ottertron, @Lothar Hex and anyone else with shit news I missed, I hope stuff looks on the up for you.

• Like Like x 6
  9. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

• Like Like x 2
  10. nice sideburns

Double post because, well, that’s how I roll... and moreover because, believe it or not, there has been nearly 12 hours :eek: between said posts (hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me, is there anyone home?)

Anyway, I thought I would share some good news with you all. In November, I entered a contest to win an adult weekend pass for this years tfnation and turns out, i’ve only gone and bloody won! Chuffed to bits!!! I mean, I was going to go in any case, but struggling to recall the last time I won anything.

D9DA0218-A856-4CDA-BA97-EDAC84F45445.png

Granted, it’s not the lottery but with the guests announced already being a couple of people of interest for me, I feel it could be shaping up to be a good one!

• Like Like x 20
  11. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Nice one! Congrats!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    gave My terraegis a lick of paint on his face. I must say I’m not regretting going with him at all. Looks nice in both modes and you soon get the knack of the legs which makes the transformation enjoyable too .

C4A292E4-7D00-49F5-ABAF-82C87B26E142.jpeg C17D8F3A-D557-466F-9D48-EC327E02E8A9.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Did the same myself with CW 'Breaker, picking out the face in a black metallic/dark gunmetal really works on the simple square heed design.

• Like Like x 5
  14. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Congratulations! I won a runner up prize of 50% off a weekend pass and am absolutely chuffed to bits with that

• Like Like x 13
  15. nice sideburns

Hmm, thinking I should have gone terraregis instead of speedbump if he is better to transform. Aesthetically, I think they both capture “trailbreaker” but I broke a leg on speedbump the first time I transformed him; it holds together for display but the horrid leg transformation on speedbump means I am reluctant to ever transform him again and this means he has become a bit of a statue.

080474E1-9682-43C5-AB90-4E657F903F7E.jpeg

Back to the whole debate about mp v chug v legends... for me, the issue lies with the complexity of many of the 3P mp transformations. Few exceptions granted but when you avoid transforming something because you are going to spend ages flipping it between modes or for fear of breaking it, then it zaps the fun and the resentment comes.

For me though, the mp has the shelf presence I want. I don’t think I would get that from modern chug or legends although both do seemingly get the transformation right. Maybe these 3P legends are the best compromise because they seem to have a mini mp vibe about them - and yet people report a satisfying transform. Just not sure they fill a shelf properly.

@incapable hulk: congrats Liam and thanks!

• Like Like x 11
  16. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That looks really good. I’m a sucker for trailbreaker, and though have very few MPs, saw @stevil33 ’s lush rally terraegis a couple of tfn s ago and was tempted.

Congrats Andy/hulk! That’s pretty awesome!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congratulations on the free pass @nice sideburns and 50% off @incapable hulk, I won a free ticket in the raffle on the first year and it’s even better knowing you didn’t pay full price. (With free ticket you get first dibs on hotel accom too)

• Like Like x 7
  18. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]'86 by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

[​IMG]Jan 2019 by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

Top shelf now has Iron Factory randoms like G2 Sideswipe and the Combiner Hunter fembots instead of the Unique Toys Headmasters which have now been retired with a view to possibly reselling particularly if MFT keep improving on them like they have with Chromedome.

Continuing down we have,
    Iron Factory Dynobots
    Iron Factory Autobots plus MFT Springer & Omega Supreme
    Iron Factory Decepticons plus MFT Overlord & Sixshot along with Perfect Effect Reflector
    Magic Square, Newage and DX9 War In Pocket characters
    MFT Dinobots & Huffer, the Mech Planet/Hot Soldiers crew and Masterpiece Ravage

The IF Autobot & Decepticon shelves are my favourite as they really sum up one of the big pluses of collecting at this scale....you can get a lot of figures in a relatively small space.

Next additions will be Magic Square Huffer and Mech Planet Optimus.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  19. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    @nice sideburns completly with you on that one and that’s the reason (when looking to finish my ark crew) I’ve left the more complicated ones: terraegis, x-transbots boost and Badcube steamroll until last in case better options came along. Terraegis though is surprisingly simple and I’d lump him with my other 3p carbots and minibots I’ve broke on in the last 2 years (pic related)
    816C3F39-8339-4E50-BD61-4DEEAD991A36.jpeg AD2E361C-F0FC-471D-8A46-BF7726E738BE.jpeg

Before 2017 I was dead set on staying with official MP for autobots but sunstreaker was the death knoll for me. Releases slowed, price increased and transformations on official were 3p levels of complex. Then downshift came along followed by Sphinx and I was down the rabbit hole, 3p was the same price as official or cheaper, enjoyable to transform and already released...seemed daft not to.
    I just wasn’t prepared to wait for all official mps when you consider only streaker was released that year, a year per figure is ridiculous but then no g1 MP characters in 2018 and yeah you’ve lost me Takara that’s beyond farcicle.

I mean discounting hound and multiplying the remaining 8 season one carbots by the average of 1 every 2 years that’s 16 years to get a full ark crew! If you add that on to the first member we got (prime in 2011) that’s 22 years of buying mp, if you’ve got that kind of staying power you’re a more patient man than me.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  20. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I’ve always fancied a Despotron but now I NEED one. Dammit.

• Like Like x 1