1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

DEFINITELY not just you.

I read that guys comments on his designs and was a bit miffed to see him say he had no real affinity for Transformers or their aesthetic - why give him the fucking job then???

• Like Like x 5
  2. Ottertron

Has anyone done an aftermarket set of comfy slippers for Tarkin yet?

• Like Like x 2
  3. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Vivid beauty. Nice work Kev! I still remember turning the page of that comic and getting to that page.

I sold all my MP's for coke money. I'm a bit late to the conversation, but that's drugs for you!

• Like Like x 6
  4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    It totally does!

It took me a while to warm to it, as I was more of a fan of his Stormbringer Aesthetic, but I learned to love the spindly legged clawed laddo.

The same school of thought that saw Mike 'I don't understand Transformers' Costa brought on to write the comics back in the day.

Impressive concepts all the same, even if they are very un-transformery.

• Like Like x 5
  5. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Got to admit, I'd warmed to it a bit by the time I'd read all the way through MTMTE but still preferred the Stormbringer look although I wasn't overly fond of his claws in that art either, it's why T30 Whirl is on my Wreckers shelf and not MMC's.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    T30 Whirl is great though. It's a shame Hasbro never tried to squeeze a Rotorstorm out of the mold, but you know with hands.

• Like Like x 8
  7. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    And feet.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Today is being A DAY.

1) After dropping wife off at Uni, accidentally ran a red light and got spotted by police. Was at a junction and was looking at the wrong light. HOWEVER, because I had stopped at a second set soon after (before police got me) they believed it was a genuine mistake and let me off with a warning.

2) Went and got petrol, filled up, started car. Check engine light comes on. HOPING it's just because I didn't put the petrol cap on properly. Gonna try one of those android OBD checkers/reset the obd.

3) Therapy called, advsied I would prefer morning appointments as I work on a late shift for my job (12-8). They can only give me afternoon appointments. Work miguht be able to do something, but I can't get through to the therapist to get a start date, cos they need to know when they would need to do something in order to give me options. So now I have to wait until Monday to speak to them. Though considering it took them a week for them to get back to me when they said "2 days" I might just look for another which is more accomadating. The SAME therapy place was supposed to call my wife to help with her PTSD and OCD, but they neglected to mention that the therapist she is supposed to see has been on holiday for the last three weeks while she's been waiting for that call.

Cyberverse Shockwave is my deskbot. His angry expression is my default.

• Like Like x 8
  9. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

T30 Whirl is one of the longest serving figures on my Wreckers shelf, him and Generations Springer are fine examples of what Hasbro designers can do when their budget allows for it.

@Lothar Hex,
    Sorry to hear they're messing you about. Definitely look into alternate options if there's any local to you.

EDIT,
    [​IMG]Tarn seat by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

All credit to the guy who did the pic, it does a damn good job of selling me on the Deceptipub playset.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  10. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    coke money?

surely Irn Bru (full sugar) money!

• Like Like x 5
  11. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’d be brill mate I’ll dig out howlback for you.

I think I see Wheetus’s song as more of a parody but that’s the wonders of art/music we can all have different interpretations. I’ve had many a good dance around on a drunken night out to both though :) 

• Like Like x 5
  12. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Don't go there, too soon - I finished the last dregs of mine at christmas :( 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ottertron

I was on the fence about the pub set since there's hardly any legends scale Lost Lighters until I saw the light up eyes and remembered the DJD were coming. I'll need to change the bulbs in the eyes to purple though.

There's always someone having a shittier day than you and today that is clearly @Lothar Hex . BALLS mate :( 

***Just had a tip on another job that a mate reckons he can put a good word in for me for, but it's back in customer service and I fought to get away from that shite for years. He reckons its a great company and a nice department though so maybe I'll chance it.

Needs must when the devil vomits into your kettle.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @doucoo beat me too it but yeah, @barry, we all know where the money reeeeally went...

Proof positive (as if I needed it after green + white = dark teal) that dyeing is alchemy, not science...
    DSC_0037.JPG
    The top gun (DANGER ZONE!) went Warpath/Flywheels deco after the first couple of dips, it took the exact same type of blaster another 4 or more dips to get a near enough main body shade, hence the deeper maroon innards on the lower weapon. Just goes to show how even mainline gear can have minor but vastly effecting material variation!
    I didn't think the Lego nubbins had dyed at first but in comparison with the undipped pair they are deeper red now, actually a smidge darker than Max's wee leg turret barrels now but I prefer that to them being so much brighter.
    I'm actually wondering if there might be some kind of Lego cylinder I can cowl them with before I end up giving Max some wee gunbarrel nipples, any of you lot crossover with Lego collecting have a good part to suggest for it? Do they even do a wider version of the 1x1 round cylinder/light bit? That'd be ideal!

• Like Like x 8
  15. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Yep we all get our turn. Hopefully I can decompress with Transformers Historia (my wife is picking up a copy for me while at her uni) and finishing off my Spider-Man PS4 New Game Plus playthough this weekend.

Hope the job hunt goes well. With the latter you can always take it wile still looking for something else, worst comes to worst.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Quick morning picture of my favourite unlucky Predacon:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  17. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    True, true! Feet are needed for all those daring battles Rotorstorm needs to fight against the Decepticons...

But yet Whirl didn't need legs, never mind feet to save the day ;) 

[​IMG]

Superior Copter-ing right there ;) 

Sounds like a fucker of a day dude. Hope the afternoon is better.

Yup, that looks lovely.

Isn't it though? Like, the wife and I have widely different interpretations of Next Year by the Foo Fighters. I see it as a wonderfully hopeful song about a guy excited to get home to the one he loves, she thinks its a depressing tune about someone who desperately misses someone and knows it'll be a long time before they see them.

Thank you for that particularly lovely turn of phrase, I shall use it frequently and with great vigor!

I always liked the look of those particular cannons! Good luck with the rest of the dying!

• Like Like x 6
  18. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

All this love for t30 whirl. He was amongst the first to go when i started selling. Just wasn't feeling him at all. Love the mtmte character but that toy was just.... Meh. Not bad by any stretch, just not for me.

@Lothar Hex sounds like you need a hug for today.

• Like Like x 3
  19. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Hope both the engine and the counselling stuff get sorted quickly and cleanly. Both places I do counselling are really badly run. Yesterday the counselling coordinator barged in on a session I was in with a client to tell me something that definitely could have waited. Hopefully you get a decent counsellor that works well for you. I'm hoping the shite admin doesn't prejudice you against a, hopefully, decent counsellor. Good luck!

My MP collection isn't worth that much. I could only afford medical quality cocaine. Brexit.

• Like Like x 5
  20. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Your not alone in that judgement dude going by the amount of cheap Whirls on eBay!

That studio series Dropkick is only a cyclops head away from being Whirl itself, but it does seem to be getting quite a 'meh' response.

You kids today and your cocaine, and irn bru and orgies.

In my day we were happy with a cup of tea and a chocolate digestive!

• Like Like x 6