The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Unusual Christmas decorations:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    So, for the last couple of weeks I’ve been wondering which toy to review next. I wanted to review a Megatron toy but had a choice between either MakeToys Rioter Despotron, or Hasbro’s new Siege voyager class Megatron. Eventually, I just asked Twitter and the results came back in favour of Siege Megs, so here we are!

[​IMG]

Siege Megatron is the latest toy of Robo-Stalin from G1, and let’s not mince words here, he’s the best mass retail version of old Buckethead around. The Titans Return had its charm but was always meant for Blitzwing, and the Combiner Wars Lleader figure certain had some things going for it. But this guy has it all, great articulation, great alt mode and…well just LOOK at him.

[​IMG]

Siege Megs carries the look of the original Decepticon leader well and he looks dangerous. Part of this is down to the battle damage that the Siege line uses. I’m in two minds on it. On the one hand on his legs which become the out armour of his tank mode, it looks good. On the chest? Not so much. In fact, you can see I’ve placed a silver backed reprolabel over his normal logo. This was because on mine the logo was off centre enough to be noticeable and seem to have scratches rather than paint applications. Others I’ve seen pictures of don’t seem to have that, though my Siege Optimus does. Guess it’s just random.

Megatron comes with two accessories, his standard fusion cannon and a massive hunk of metal that he claims is a sword. It’s reminiscent of his sword from Fall of Cybertron…except with a sniper scope. The reason for this will become clear.

[​IMG]

Megatron’s articulation is some of the best the character has gotten from a normal retail voyager. Ankle tilt, waist rotation, though still to name a few, and it all allows him to pose quite well. One thing with the ankle title is that you can lock the feet in place if not using it, but for some reason, my right foot requires me to slide the foot off its clip, then lock it in place if I’ve used it. The left is fine, however. I assume this is some sort of clearance issue but just be aware as I’ve seen others with the same minor issue. Other blemishes include the way head just sits on a plate of plastic in bot mode and doesn’t peg otherwise lock in anywhere for example. However, the plastic tolerances keep it in place enough to get the job done. Minor niggles like that aside it’s an excellent bot mode.

As a Siege toy, Megatron also comes with weapon ports all over his body, meaning you an kit him out with the various weapon m icromasters and weaponizers in the line. Or with anything that has a five-millimetre peg really.

[​IMG]

Alt mode meanwhile, hoo boy. I know a lot of people have issues with H-tanks but the transformation leaves us with one of the best. You’d assume that such a simple vehicle would have a similarly simply transformation, but the way the thighs rotate and collapse in on themselves and how the arms become a fully rotating turret in a completely different way to other tank Megatron really shines. This is always where the cope on the sword comes in to play. After doing the transformation you rotate the blades down and underneath to come with what become the actual fusion cannon for the tank. As weapons storage and implementation goes it’s bloody brilliant. Honestly, while the Combine Wars leader tank is maybe more detailed and nice looking, but this guy still ends up being my favourite for all the great ideas

[​IMG]

And of course, a good chunk of the weapon ports from the bot mode carry over too.

[​IMG]

All in all, Siege Megatron is so far the definitive voyager version of G1 Megs, and beats the recent leader toy by a mile. Now all I need for them is to release it in G2 neon green I can die happy.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  3. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :p 
    Posting over in the Transformers Zoom thread if anyone fancies guessing before I head to bed..? ;) 

The Transformers Zoom Game

IMG_20181209_175948.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

• Like Like x 2
  5. PaleMoonlight

PaleMoonlight Active Member

I'm more impressed with those Siege Prime and Megs than I have been with the majority of mainline stuff from Hasbro for quite some time. The temptation to pre-order one (or both) from FP is real.

• Like Like x 4
  6. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 
    Zoom game won by Oreo Bot! :p 

After creating Fisitron/Ironfist, I've found myself short of a Predacon, so working on another hybrid for my custom combiner! ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

For anyone that has them, Siege OP or POTP OP? discuss

• Like Like x 2
  8. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Siege. Very good joints, no gaps in alt mode, fun.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Does anyone on here own Maketoys Dystopia? And if you do, what's that chromed face like in person? Does it make him look like a wanker wearing a Bacofoil sex mask or is it quite nice in hand?

-EDIT- Just talked myself into it with that whole Bacofoil sex mask thing. Jesus fucking wept.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
  10. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

The warmer yellow of Henkei paint does the job and he looks brilliant in car mode without the spoiler

• Like Like x 3
  11. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Classic Jon.

Hopefully receiving a mystery (well, half-mystery) box of bots from @RobotoChan today/tomorrow, as well as Studio Series Megatron from our resident twisted @Napalm - and to be honest I need the cheer-up. Weeks of busy work, so much fucking driving around/being stuck in traffic, work going on in the house, two year old tribulations, and no time to myself between the child and the wife's demands (not THOSE kinds, gutterminds), and I've had enough to be honest. I think there's something chemical in the brain not assisting proceedings either, but by golly I'll be fucking glad when it's Christmas to have some time off.

Also @Lothar Hex - your Siege Megs review sold me on him - none of the video reviews or photo reviews by anyone else had convinced me, but it was finally yours that did it. So next time I'm in Smyths I may be £50 down (with Optimus too).

• Like Like x 7
  12. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

@joetele - DM's are open if you need a chat - lord knows I'm feeling similar recently - got dragged out to after work drinks on Friday, and if anything it cemented the fact I need to get as far as humanly possible from them as soon as possible - Vacuous bottom-feeding shysters, every fucking one of them - still, 9 working days left til I disappear 300 miles up country to stay with the in-laws over xmas - will be good to get away (and they have a Smyth in walking distance, so fingers crossed for Siege-y goodness - and likely some Botbots too - I'm an absolute sucker for tiny bots..)

• Like Like x 4
  13. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Cheers dude. I've got the Xmas meal with my fairly new colleagues soon but I don't really have anything in common with any of them so it'll probably be just the meal, a drink or two, then the train home. Let's just say I'm probably not the best 'fit' for the construction industry.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! And it is an ace film :) 

Ha!!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Creed 2 is an awesome film. So was the first. I like how it's Creed's story, not Rocky's, but they keep him in it and important without having him overshadow the rest.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love it when half sequels do that, keep an eye of the past but don't make it the focus of the film, kind of wish Season 3 of G1 had done that, Rodimus leader but communing with Optimus through the Matrix in a mentor role.

I digress. I really enjoyed the first Creed film when I saw it on TV last year so I'm looking forward to seeing the sequel

• Like Like x 6
  17. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    what do you guys think?

• Like Like x 18
  18. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LUV ISN'T AAAAAHLLWAAAAAAAYYYYZ ON TAI-AIME!!

and neither am I. You lot have been busy on here over the weekend.

I thank m'learned colleague @Seeaich for responding to this one, not least because I've not even noticed.

Oh Siege. Any day of the week. I'm a boring traditionalist, so as much as I enjoyed PotP Optimus I could never accept the trailer forming the 'bot body (yes, yes...but Powermaster Optimus Prime. I know. And YOU know what I meant, so shut up), the gappy ankles really bothered me, and I'm a scale slut so having him at Leader Class scale did my head in. Siege Optimus just....well, he pretty much just gets it all right. He looks the part, he's poseable as fuck, and he scales perfectly. He's probably the best option out there.

People are doing their top tens now? Christ. Fine, but I'm taking pictures. And doing Gobots.

Still absolutely loving this crowd.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I think you might be doing this over after Siege Springer drops! :p 

• Like Like x 5
  20. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Well if you end up hating him you know who to blame at least.

• Like Like x 3