The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it's money in your amazon account (which is what a gift card would amount to) it should work

Looking forward to meeting you in the flesh in August then :)  Hope you'll have a blast, it was the highlight of my year last year.

Regarding Ragnarok, it's worth a watch, it's the best Thor film and it a load of fun in GOTG vein. Keep an open mind going in and it's a much better beast than the first two films.

He is a deluxe size, I can get some direct comparison pictures later if you like (I have the 6 POTP Dinos and the three MFT releases so far)

I think it's because they're releasing a film every year as opposed to every 2/3 years (which they are doing with the main installments). By releasing the filler films they're diluting the material, no matter how good the film is it would have a detrimental effect.

• Like Like x 3
  2. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Top tip! I'll try that when I get home.

Excellent! Cheers man!

I would really appreciate that. Thank you!

• Like Like x 6
  3. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Latest rumour I’m hearing about Avengers 4 is that the reason they think the title is a spoiler for Infinity War is because it basically confirms that there are important casualties - hence the rumoured title ‘Avenge Us’...

Oh, @bcm77 this may be of interest to you, I’ve been playing the Telltale Games GOTG game the last few days and there’s rather a lot of Rocket content in it :D 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Thing is, and obviously this is all subject to personal taste, but I don't think the MCU has produced a single bad movie. Some are less good than others like Iron Man 2, but even at the lowest water mark it's still a decent enough film. While I ran out of patience with the various TV shows, the movies are still keeping my interest. probably because they're so varied.... Unlike Star Wars I suppose.

• Like Like x 12
  6. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

If they end it with either of those scenarios, i will give the film a standing ovation.

And honestly, I'd be surprised if there isn't major casualties. Especially from phase one avengers.

Hmmmm. Now I'm thinking about using tr blurr gun as clasdics sideswipe shoulder gun. Mine can't fit his gun in the hole, it's just too small for the peg.

• Like Like x 5
  7. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    The Marvel Universe: the BEST Cinematic series ever. No sarcasm, no emphasis, no qualifications. No fucking arguments.

And that's from someone that saw the original Star Wars as an 8 yr old and experienced a similar giddy rush of pure love watching the LOTR Trilogy. They are truly great, Marvel has simply been over and above exceptional considering the breadth and scope of what they've done without even having their full roster to work with since 2008.

I'm "expecting" Infinity War to knock me over in the good way. And that's in stone before the expected Too-Cool-For-What-The-Proles-Like wanker backlash that will attempt to tell me I really shouldn't like what I like and how BIG Corporate Entertainment isn't as valed as sensitive Art Cinema in the original Persian.

That can all just fuck off right the fuck now.

And just for the record I would have fucking loved the DCU to be just as good, but it just isn't. Give it a Decade and perhaps try again.

Star Wars? Well it still has its moments, and it can certainly "be saved" but it's going to take a hard think by those with the Power about just what the best use of what they've bought really is. I suspect that even if intentions are good, a Film-a-Year may not be it.

But I'm not going to listen to Lucus-types that took their Galactic Lucky Ticket and flew it repeatedly into the floor (because all they ever were was lucky) that Disney ruined something that had fucking Jar Jar Binks in it. It may get bad, but it won't ever be that bad. By Law.

Robots? Well I'm scraping the funds together for that SOC Voltes V and I like what I've seen of that AstroBot that Kapow are shopping, but TFs seem to be on a low flame at present. There's probably reasons for that.

Have good days good people.

• Like Like x 15
  8. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    That's what I thought, but I thought I'd check with Amazon first as well.

I have had three different answers so far.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

No robits for me again, seems the fates are set on keeping me away from any Smyths stores, but I did order a limited edition Harley Quinn statue off Ebay and bout some more PC games

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Today's deskbot is annoyed that Thunderhoof took his "gangster with antlers" schtick.

Gantlers, if you will.

shadow.jpg

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 15
  11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What if, Deadpool cameo?... I could be on board with that just because Thanos absolutely HATES Deadpool, but at this point I don't think it would be the right fit and would likely take some of the edge off.

I'll try and get a couple of pics when I get in then before I have the potential new GF round (too soon to define anything though signs are all good :D )

• Like Like x 6
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

That'd be cool, I'm just looking to go on the Saturday to begin with.

I feel the same for MCU Thor as I do David Tennant as the Doctor, so Ragnarok will not be something I ever watch.

Through GOTG and my subsequent experiences meeting the raccoon who was used for Rocket's CGI reference, some of his animal buddies and his amazing owners I got started on the road I'm now on towards ultimately getting some sort of job working with animals so I've gotten something pretty significant from that part of the franchise that nothing else can ever come close to matching and the truth is I'm just not intrested in enough of the other characters to care any more.

If I'd spent a lifetime reading the comics and wishing for live action movies it'd be different but that's never been the case.

If there was a Deadpool cameo I'd wait until that bit appeared on YouTube, much like I did Tom Baker's cameo in the 50th Anniversary episode.

@Ottertron,
    I've seen bits of the Telltale GOTG game and am intrested in the story as Lylla shows up but I've played one of their Walking Dead games before and the gameplay wasn't what I'd call engaging so I'd probably only bite if I saw it cheap. Unless the gameplay is different?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Really hoping Marvel has big enough balls at this point that Infinity War ends just after Thanos sets the last gem on the Gauntlet with a cut to black on *that* finger snap.

I'm secretly hoping that they nick some elements from Darkseid/Return of Bruce Wayne/Death of Cap and Thanos tries the ol' arrogant godlike being ironic punishment, "You're out of Time, Captain."
    Time Gem zaps him back to Forties which ends up re-uniting him and Peggy so he actually gets a happy ending (turns out Peg's departed husband that they've been cagey on the identity of is Post-IW time banished Steve with a new ID), and it turns out under his incognito-to-keep-the-timestream-intact pseudonym Steve founded the Avengers protocols. Then it's kind of open-ended for a time jump return/what happened in between adventures if Evans ever signs back on.
    I mean, they've been ballsy enough that the two films between the Avengers films are basically MCU flashbacks (possibly one ending in a flashforward?), just go for it, lads!

• Like Like x 10
  14. Insurgent

Steve would hate that. Remember in AOU when Scarlett Witch made them see their worst fears? Steve was an end of war happy days with Peg. Sure, he'd love to be with peg, but he needs a war to fight. He needs to be that guy fighting for the little guy, the underdog. Without someone to fight, he'd be useless. Won't know what to do.

And if they end part 1 with a finger snap..... I'd probably lose my shit. I knew Ms Marvel is set in the 90's, what's the other film between IW 1 and 2?

• Like Like x 5
  15. AkibaSilver

AkibaSilver Time Traveller

Ant-Man and the Wasp, I believe? It was meant to be Captain Marvel, but they pushed that back, because reasons.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Ant Man & Wasp which is Post-Civil War/Pre-IW.

He'd hate it in part but Steve would have the Mission, he wouldn't let us down. I think him mentoring/guiding Fury (yeah, Present-Fury would be in on it) would be a neat role reversal.

• Like Like x 5
  17. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Exactly this.

No single bad movie. Various 'filler' movies (of which Ant Man, Doctor Strange and Black Panther are) but all still enjoyable. So yeah, I have no complaints Disney's stewardship of Marvel (are they even doing anything? Or are they letting Marvel get on with it themselves?) but Star Wars?

I enjoyed TFA a lot, despite it playing 'too safe' and enjoyed TLJ even though it does feel like a big disconnect from TFA. But my main gripe is with Rogue One.

Star Wars had the opportunity to do something different with Rogue One, a heist movie! Ocean's 11 in space! And instead we got yet another sand planet, yet ANOTHER space battle and super Vader, who on the surface is cool, until we compare him directly to ANH Vader which literally occurs seconds after RO finishes... and then I realise he's rediculously overpowered.

IMO obvs.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Insurgent

That's true. And a good idea. That mission would keep him going. And would explain why fury knew where to dig to get him out the ice. I'm now on board with this (also i lov Peggy and would love to see her character get a truly happy ending. Broke my heart to see her like that in winter soldier after her two seasons of tv.)

Aaahhhh ok. Forgot about that film. So Captain Marvel and Ant Man.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Thor 2 is pretty whiffy... but Bad? The jury is out. That was filler episode!

Other great cinematic series? I'd like to point to the the recent Planet of the Apes trilogy. Somehow it manages to overcome its incredibly silly premise and end on a well earned, almost biblical note. "Rise" was great, and much better than it had any right to be (I remember scoffing at the trailer for it, thinking it looked awful), 'Dawn' can sit comfortably with the likes of Empire, Aliens and Judgement day in the sparsely populated 'superior sequel' category, and while 'War' doesn't top the second outing, it certainly maintains the quality.

Criminally underrated films.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Insurgent

I LOVE those apes films. I feel the third is the weakest, but it is still a damn fine film. After the first 2, War was probably my most anticipated film from last year. Was it last year? Whatever year it was out. But I love love LOVE Dawn. Especially the start when we are getting introduced to the apes civilisation. It really felt like we were watching an early civilisation dawning.

• Like Like x 4