The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I made the mistake of looking at the set, and now I would totally cave on a Black Friday-style deal for them side roads. D'OH! :dunce 

• Like Like x 5
  2. CaptainButtocks

CaptainButtocks Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've never been big on The Authority (Or Warren Ellis in general, mainly after Counter X) but I can imagine that anything Bryan Hitch drew would look amazing in that bigger format, shame his most high-profile work was with that snide hack Millar, sorry - Mill-aaaar as he insists it's pronounced. Oddly enough, after always dismissing Greg Capullo as a sub-standard Image-clone for years, I thought his work on Batman was amazing - it too would suit the Absolute treatment.

@Large - dont forget Glenn Fabry's glorious painted covers! (Issue 3 is the best IMNSHO)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Don't you where's Dirge me !

:lol 

• Like Like x 5
  4. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

The combaticons are one of the few combiner teams where the members actually get to have proper personalities. Usually its just the torso guy and by extension the combiner. Like the stunticons are either in a generic mob or Menasor

• Like Like x 2
  5. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never played any of the others, but Tie Fighter was so good!! I even seem to remember that the story was pretty good?

Don’t think I’ve seen that (amazing) Japanese combaticons pic before, ta!

And I dearly love preacher. Remember picking up a trade as a punt on a trip to Cork sometime in the 90s. What a story.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

It just occurred to me , why did we get Dezarus? Why didn't hasbro retool silverbolt into Liozack. I mean it wouldn't look great but no worse than a skylynx Deathsaurus surely?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. Large

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Ha, I don't remember them getting any lines ever

I don't mind too much. They're probably my favourite scramble city combiner. So it gives me more room for imagination when they have adventures at home

• Like Like x 3
  9. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    IIRC the G1 version transformed into a can of IRN BRU like that Cherry coke bot. Imagine that with modern engineering! Now what accessories would he come with? A cat is a must. Perhaps a guitar or two? Hmmm....

As Liokaiser is my favourite combiner, he needs to be G1 accurate for me to fully appreciate him, so no dice on the Hasbro one I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Large

News Credits:
    Hahaha it's ok mate you're not that wrong, they do have some personalities but that's never really fully explore in the cartoon. Appart for the magnificient "Who cares ?" by Dead End which ranks in my top something TF stuff related ever. Hence my TFS answer.
    (on another hand the Aerialbots have little to no personalties too -except Silverbolt and Slingshot- exposed but have the best character-arc as a group in the entire show. Something the Constructicons almost have too, if that wasn't this much convoluted. Works best with headcanon. The Combacticons have the best backstory. Protectobot must have something too but for the life of me I couldn't.... Wait, ok, they have First Aid.)

• Like Like x 5
  11. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@Ottertron,
    A couple of Christmases ago I got a card with Oreo's pawtograph on it. It's possibly the most prized thing in my collection of GOTG stuff.

Oreo was the star attraction of his owners business in which they took some of their amazing animal collection into school for kids to learn about or appeared at local public events doing the same kind of thing. They also did private parties and animal therapy sessions and Oreo and a couple of other animals had also been used for photoshoots before the GOTG opportunity came along.....which wasn't made apparent what it actually was until they got to Shepperton Studios and signed the required paperwork ensuring their secrecy.

As it turned out his owners also lived in Derbyshire so I was able to see Oreo quite a few times but John & Sallie bought a farm in Portugal a couple of years ago so Oreo's retired to the sun with a lot of his other animal buddies including several other raccoons, some skunks, meerkats, various snakes and lizards and all manner of other creatures.......at one event I was able to hold one of their armadillos in my hands as it transformed into ball mode and it was an incredible experience.

@Rodentus prime,
    That might be somewhat awkward :D 

@Decepticreeps100,
    Fort Max does look good fully stickered up, I just tend to be a bit impatient with applying stuff or alternatively my OCD would kick in and I'd take 2 hours per sticker because I'd be convinced it was slightly wonky even if it wasn't :D 

New Deadpool 2 trailer = Loved it!

• Like Like x 7
  12. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Cyclonus is better. Gives him the shoulder wings. I should post pics of my custom at some point, it works so much better than that digibash.

• Like Like x 3
  13. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couldn’t resist steelbane for £13 delivered. I really like him mistransformed with the forearms swapped.
    43B71179-CA62-4A01-B8FD-9E962D8CDCC0.jpeg 5DDB0412-AD12-427A-881E-431934F754D3.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    58EC627D-66D9-4F76-B6C8-0A53B6A32C65.jpeg HAUL!

AC5C57C3-4AB7-423D-963A-F53B2A1F4579.jpeg
    Lovely, lovely Archforce :)  going to miss the Legends line, no offense to Hasbro but their packaging and the clothes ties ate shit.

I’m done until TFNation now, unless something pops up in Kapow’s sale (kicking myself for buying Gunfighter II a few weeks ago as they now have it for £75!)

• Like Like x 15
  15. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Cyclonus works better but I still ended up kitbashing
    B7388BCF-5480-4714-BB1D-887C04C70130.jpeg 8F245CA9-8E5D-4D31-B363-CC30CF91AC62.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  16. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone mentioned the kapow sale yet? MP Thrust for 90 quid even though he's a floppy mess.

Still love him, the only seeker I had as a kid

Pity there's not much else apart from MP Artfire. Haven't bought a robot since UT Onslaught.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    GUYS I'VE HAD THREE HOURS SLEEP AND BEEN AT WORK SINCE 11AM AND FINISH IN FIVE MINUTES R AND I'M TYPING IN CAPS BECAUSE FUCK IT ALSO I'VE BEEN PLAYING WITH RID STORMSHOT ALL DAY.

• Like Like x 12
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Welcome to my wooooorld!

So worth it though.
    DSC_0026 (1).JPG
    Plus a little paint, of course!

Today's arrivals, batch 2 of Ebayed TF gear. So I was perusing the bay-of-E when a thought occurred, why wait for 3Ps to get involved? Get your Hun-Gurrr sorted Yesterday!
    DSC_0028.JPG
    Thank you, OG1 5mm handle!!! And £6.70 doesn't seem so much in comparison to some 3P gear so YOINK!!!
    Now all I have to do is figure out where it has to go in Beast Mode!

Whilst foraging through Combiner team accessories listings, this second item cropped up and the ol' cranial lightbulb lit up.
    And it were reet too!
    DSC_0029 (1).JPG
    Yup, a G1 Onslaught ramp, and it's better than wot I thought!
    My model for Combiner ramps comes from my G1 Silverbolt so I was expecting a post on the back, hopefully 5mm to work with attaching it to Max. Hence I was a bit perturbed by the flatness of the envelope that arrived today.
    It turns out it only has wee tabs though and that is AWESOME.
    Because, fings crossed, I have a second on the way. Now knowing that it is the ideal size (if a somewhat impractical incline) I can get the old thinking cap on for a way to attach them. Nothing too ambitious, mind, I'm considering something partsform-y and non-destructive. Potentially something c-clippy with Construct-Bot bits, with stowage for robot and Battleship/star modes.
    I know technically it's upside down but to me the orientation suits Max for unconscious reasons I haven't fathomed as yet.

I nearly didn't go for it as the ramps were over a fiver each but I'm glad I did. They're just so much more congruous with less modding required than any other solution to the ramp issue I could come up with. I was even looking at fingerboard skate ramps at one point but, yeah, this'll do!

@Rotorstorm TWO Blackwings?! Do I espy a Hydra/Buster custom upon yon horizon?

• Like Like x 12
  19. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Argh if only Kapow had Inferno or Grapple in addition to Artfire.

My first round of FB sales is mostly done and dusted, I think the only remnant is an MP Hot Rod that will move on to round 2.

Testing the waters here, but is anybody up for trading me an MP Inferno or Grapple [MIB is fine, does not have to be MISB] for an MMC Seraphicus with the trailer? It's quite a bit under what I paid for it but at this moment I'd definitely entertain such a trade.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

@Insurgent I just meant from that Silverbolt/Scattershot/Cyclonus mold in general, why didn't Hasbro just retool any of them instead of Skylynx. But I'm excited to see yours, I haven't seen any Custom Liozacks

Until now! @Rotorstorm thats phenomenal. how did you make the custom heads?

@Large I'm revealing my amateur ranking as a TF fan. What line is that?

So from my recent whinging and whining you'll know I've been selling off my chug (mostly MISB, I'm that guy!) and replacing them with the tonka truck like CW toys. The first of which arrived today! Oh my god, they're gorgeous. I know this is old news for everyone here, but I'm totally in love with them. My top car mode might be Break Down with super 80's pedestrian friendly sharp edged lambo wedge. Slightly regret not buying Sunstreeker just to keep in car mode

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13