The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Finally, a reference I get!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

You wish you were called Beast machine, instead it's just a name you've called yourself on your cb radio, predictive text said cv - there too.

• Like Like x 6
  3. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@Large,
    For years I only knew the instrumental part of the song as the BBC used it for their Formula 1 coverage so it was it's inclusion on the GOTG2 soundtrack that brought the full song to my attention and I think I'll be exploring more of Fleetwood Mac's work in the near future.

When the first GOTG movie was announced I had no idea who they were but a chat with my pal Rick in the States informed me about a talking raccoon and a weird tree alien and I was IN! :D 

Every time I see Rocket I think of the times I was able to spend with the other animal named Oreo that I was fortunate enough to meet, the raccoon that was filmed for the CGI reference.

So I can say I've hugged and fed a movie star grapes without any kind of restraining order being put in place :D 

One cool story I was told by Oreo's owners about their experience as part of the Marvel machine was that James Gunn was initially only intending to spend half an hour with them but he rearranged his whole schedule for the day as he spent over 4 hours playing with his reference raccoon!

There are also pics out there from the filming of various stars with a meerkat named Timone who also belongs to Oreo's owners. He apparently drove the makeup people nuts as he kept nibbling at the prosthetics on various actors.....he seemed to particularly like Karen Gillan's ear :p 

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I haven't stickered my Trpticon yet. Keep meaning to buy the Toy Hax stickers.

Could be worse. Could be living in N.Ireland. ;) 

Got to love a little Fleetwood Mac. Go your own way has been butchered more times than I care to admit on Karaoke.

• Like Like x 6
  5. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

My Fort Max only has the Autobot logo on it. I don't think it really needs much else for robot mode, or that's what I keep telling myself as I hate applying stickers :D 

I didn't find anything that suitably tickled my fancy in the Kapow sale but I pre-ordered the Iron Factory Combiner Hunter Windblade variant and Slipstream instead.

Whilst looking at Nonnef's site this morning I noticed there's going to be some bits for the POTP Duocons for $6.99 so it was a good job I hadn't yet got my order in for the Clone guns and Perceptor bits as I would have otherwise had to try and make it up to the minimum order total a second time.

Speaking of the Duocons they arrived this morning and I've had a little play with each. Vehicle modes are very basic but the robot modes make up for that. Haven't combined the two yet but will do so later once the ferrets have been in for their exercise.

I'm still being amazed at how well the Decepticons have been served in the last few lines, I've never had this many in comparison to Autobots and if I get the rest of the Terrorcons that's only going to continue.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Inevitably, I went for Meteor. He'll look good lurking behind Apollyon. If I shift Groot and Rocket I may pick up TFC's Seacons as there's most of them for sale on Faceache.

@bcm77 - I'm SO jealous you got to meet Oreo the raccoon!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Random question, did anywhere in the uk (online or brick and motar wise) ever sell the Cyber Battalion line? I never really paid attention to them (except for reviews on youtube) but don't actually remember seeing or hearing anything about them being released over here, only asking because I quite want the Cyber Battalion Shockwave, and if the price was reasonable I would definitely get him if I could.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Look at this, sticker him up, Toyhax, Seeaich and box stickers rule 2017-10-03-22-19-55.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  9. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted by MP Thrust from Kapow’s sale.

• Like Like x 2
  10. legham

legham Well-Known Member

SOLD!
    Have been regretting not buying him at £65 in the Black Friday sale, stoked to get him even cheaper now.

Now to see if I can go the whole of April without buying any new toys :eek: 

• Like Like x 5
  11. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    At that price, I was sorely tempted and I already own the guy!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Take some grapes to TFnation and feed them to Tikgnat and you can up your tally to 2.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I know, me too. Gonna look good with black shadow

• Like Like x 1
  14. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    No new POTP at Kapow for now but I just PO'd the Celeste soundtrack record+ the B-Sides (remix) ON TAPE + the Lena Raine (composer of the game) EP and it feels so good.
    Thanks F5, you'll be missed.

• Like Like x 3
  15. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    That Liokaiser is very tempting. But I’m holding firm in the vain hope that Takara sumo on TT Mall.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Large

News Credits:
    Yup, kind of the same for me. Even if those colors... SO tempting. There's really something going on with those guys. I don't like the combiner that much, I certainly don't like the Brawl mold, and, well, 2 more CW jets, and yet... Those colors. Love them.

Something between that new Octahedron game and the Ginyu force.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll wait for an eventual accurate Leozack -because that guy is love- but yeh if I had the money I'd take the plunge on this one.

• Like Like x 7
  17. CaptainButtocks

CaptainButtocks Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Was considering Absolute Batman and Robin: Reborn by Grant Morrison.

The ABsolute Preacher collection looks terrific too, and my singe issues have seen better days...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

The fact that TT haven't released Leokaiser when all the headsculpts are ready means a Leozack Elita one retool must be in the works.

The power ranger style colours are what do it for me. None of this unified Victorion team bullshit, I like my bots with their own personalities. And those headsculpts are nuts

• Like Like x 5
  19. Large

News Credits:
    I'm not crazy about a team with the same colorsheme for everyone myself (works with the Dinos because, well, they're dinos), the individuals tend to end up a bit boring indeed but that being said I really appreciate how that works for Victorion. Durocher sold her -the combine form- to me.

Speaking of the canadian devil -somehow- funny how the Combacticons aren't my favorte subteam but damn they sure make the best groupeshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I even think I have a new favorite thing ever (after last year "Exposition Thundercracker") with Swindle' "Who the hell are those guys and what am I doing here" face.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ouh, then go for it !
    Ennis + Dillon (RIP you awesome you) can never be a bad purchase, even a double one.

[​IMG]

... Aaaaaand off to a re-read.

• Like Like x 14
  20. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    The only thing with big-ass omnibi and the like is that you feel like you need a lectern to enable actually reading them, since they're so awkward and heavy to handle. It's great to see stuff like The Authority in the comic equivalent of widescreen or IMAX though :D 

• Like Like x 3